Check out this new 4lb lower pulley that uses the factory cage

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
just a little update for everyone. Heres a few pics of the new bolt on front cover. This is the piece that i mentioned earlier that will go over top of your existing factory tri-bar piece. This is what will totally eliminate the over tightening that we and others have been experiencing. Basically it has a male 14mm hex end on the inside center of it, this will go into the center drive bolt (where you would put your 14mm allen tool) and then the holes shown is where it bolts to the factory tri-bar. This essenstially mates the 2 together. This obviously gets put on once you installed the whole lower assembly onto the car, since it covers up the area where you need to get to tighten it down to the harmonic balancer.

these were taken with a cell phone so excuse the picture quality.

photo5.gif

photo4.gif

sitting on top of a stock lower

photo3.gif

TRBO VNM

what is it made of? I assume aluminum based on the pics.

any worry about it possibly sheering that 14mm hex? Is it possible to make it out of steel to match the stock piece? Even with it bolted to the tri-bar, there will be some sheer force on the 14mm stub.

black 10th vert

Established Member
what is it made of? I assume aluminum based on the pics.

any worry about it possibly sheering that 14mm hex? Is it possible to make it out of steel to match the stock piece? Even with it bolted to the tri-bar, there will be some sheer force on the 14mm stub.

I agree. This should be a billet steel part, as the sheer on that aluminum hex boss will likely be too much. Might be cheaper to make in steel also, because you could make a plate with the hex pressed in, and welded, instead of a monolithic part. This is coming along very nicely so far.:beer:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
No aluminum. This piece is actually made out of 4140 heat-treated steel with a Rockwell rating 28-32. This is more than enough to handle the load that this piece will see.

We also have another small part that i havent posted yet that goes on the inside to help strengthen the thin walled threaded area of the factory tri-bar piece.

Believe me, when this is done it will be more than strong enough, we're NOT taking any short cuts here.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Might be cheaper to make in steel also, because you could make a plate with the hex pressed in, and welded, instead of a monolithic part.

This is piece is machined so its a one piece design, which i think is better than having 2 seperate pieces then having to weld them. Also since everything is CNC'ed and kept within tolerance there will be no balance issues

Users who are viewing this thread