Charger Widebody release

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have nothing but great things to say about my Hellcat Charger, so the ultimate DD upgrade would be the Redeye and get 797hp with the potential for an easy 900+ with injectors, pulley and E85. The Widebody is the only way the SRT Charger is coming, so it’s a bonus as it flows much better in these pics than the Challenger.
Really will be hard not to get one of these before they stop making them.
Gotta give SRT props, they continue to kill it with American muscle.
-J

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dodge going FULL ‘Merica... medium-rare steaks, threesomes, squats, pro 2A, DDs, Freedom.

Meanwhile back at the farm, Ford going Euro... vegan, monogamy, skinny jeans, feelings, “all inclusive”, flat-asses, banning.

:D

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Dodge going FULL ‘Merica... medium-rare steaks, threesomes, squats, pro 2A, DDs, Freedom.

Meanwhile back at the farm, Ford going Euro... vegan, monogamy, skinny jeans, feelings, “all inclusive”, flat-asses, banning.

:D
AggressiveUnfortunateCardinal-size_restricted.gif

IA Shelby

Established Member
I guess I don’t get all the anti-ford sentiment. The 350/R is a great car for the track. It was considered to be American to win at riverside 50 years ago.

The new GT500 will likely run mid 10’s and be able to run strong at VIR.

The Raptor still thumps anything from Dodge and the new Predator is coming so the rebel will be DOA.

The Bronco with its removable top & Doors is on the way.

And the rumor exists that the new upcoming Ford GT reveal in Detroit may have a the new Shelby V8 in it. It is pretty American when the Ford GT thumped Ferrari in the mid 60’s at Lemans and pretty American when it came back 50 yrs later and won again at Lemans.

And ford is doing it by getting more power out of less displacement which also means less weight.

I actually like what Dodge is doing. They are giving us muscle at more price points but to say Ford has gone limp waisted on us is an overstatement in my opinion.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I guess I don’t get all the anti-ford sentiment. The 350/R is a great car for the track. It was considered to be American to win at riverside 50 years ago.

The Raptor still thumps anything from Dodge and the new Predator is coming so the rebel will be DOA.

And the rumor exists that the new upcoming Ford GT reveal in Detroit may have a the new Shelby V8 in it. It is pretty American when the Ford GT thumped Ferrari in the mid 60’s at Lemans and pretty American when it came back 50 yrs later and won again at Lemans.

And ford is doing it by getting more power out of less displacement which also means less weight.

I actually like what Dodge is doing. They are giving us muscle at more price points but to say Ford has gone limp waisted on us is an overstatement in my opinion.

Ram has been busted a couple time testing the new 7.0 engine for the upcoming TRX pickup. I don’t think Dodge or Ram need to worry about what the soyboys at ford are up to.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Kay, but most of us have come to accept we live our lives on the Street/Strip. We don't have a half million wrapped up in a tow rig, enclosed trailer and factory fresh Track-Day special. We want a car to drive to work, hit the test and tune and do pulls in Mexico with.

No doubt. But it is ugly and now costs the same as a 911 S, GT4, AMG GT, Viper, ZR1, GTR, etc

Ram is now a solid Number 2 competitor, up from a distant 3rd. They have certainly found their stride and I would pick one up over the competition. Ram will also be releasing the 707hp Hellcat powered Rebel. If they tweak the suspension, it will have no problem destroying the Raptor while also giving consumers exactly what they want... A V8. No need for fake exhaust sounds.

20190624_155359%20(1).jpeg

20190624_162219.jpeg

2021-Ram-Rebel-TRX-front.jpeg

Mkay, Jeeps been doing this for like 80 years now. We'll have to wait and see, I'm skeptical since the Bronco has been returning for over 20 years.

Meanwhile GM is going to unviel an American Ferrari in two weeks that's expected to be well under six figures and will likely match the Ford GT in many respects. Saying a "Ford" beat a "Ferrari" when that Ford is more exclusive, rare and more expensive... Well it kinda loses its shine.

Cool, Ricer math. Remember when all the Honda fan boys would talk about how their 1.8L made more horse power then a 5.7l?

Also, displacement, as proven by the LSX, is independent of weight and fuel efficiency. The GT500 is going to be a bloated fat pig. The Hellcat can be excused since it's chasis dates back to 1998.

The S550 is basically 4 generations newer and Ford has had 6 years since the last GT500 to figure out how to cut some pounds. So the fact we are still looking at a +4,000lb car is pretty awful.

Ford is reminding me of big tech, telling me what I should want and forcing me one direction.

Dodge lacks the financing and clout, so they are just giving people what they want.

If it wasn't for the Government and regulations, you could buy a brand new, custom ordered factory fresh Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 for $16,500... Would you?

I sure as **** would. I bet a lot of people would. With modern industry, it would be no problem to cram in a MP3 CD player, more effecient, smaller AC unit, disk brakes and overdrive transmission and drive the cost down to $15k a pop.

1969-Dodge-Charger-RT-1746-1.jpeg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Ram has been busted a couple time testing the new 7.0 engine for the upcoming TRX pickup. I don’t think Dodge or Ram need to worry about what the soyboys at ford are up to.
I think that FCA may be coming out with the Hellcat Ram as well, correct? That will be bonkers!!!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Kay, but most of us have come to accept we live our lives on the Street/Strip. We don't have a half million wrapped up in a tow rig, enclosed trailer and factory fresh Track-Day special. We want a car to drive to work, hit the test and tune and do pulls in Mexico with.

No doubt. But it is ugly and now costs the same as a 911 S, GT4, AMG GT, Viper, ZR1, GTR, etc

Ram is now a solid Number 2 competitor, up from a distant 3rd. They have certainly found their stride and I would pick one up over the competition. Ram will also be releasing the 707hp Hellcat powered Rebel. If they tweak the suspension, it will have no problem destroying the Raptor while also giving consumers exactly what they want... A V8. No need for fake exhaust sounds.

View attachment 1583083
View attachment 1583084
View attachment 1583085

Mkay, Jeeps been doing this for like 80 years now. We'll have to wait and see, I'm skeptical since the Bronco has been returning for over 20 years.

Meanwhile GM is going to unviel an American Ferrari in two weeks that's expected to be well under six figures and will likely match the Ford GT in many respects. Saying a "Ford" beat a "Ferrari" when that Ford is more exclusive, rare and more expensive... Well it kinda loses its shine.

Cool, Ricer math. Remember when all the Honda fan boys would talk about how their 1.8L made more horse power then a 5.7l?

Also, displacement, as proven by the LSX, is independent of weight and fuel efficiency. The GT500 is going to be a bloated fat pig. The Hellcat can be excused since it's chasis dates back to 1998.

The S550 is basically 4 generations newer and Ford has had 6 years since the last GT500 to figure out how to cut some pounds. So the fact we are still looking at a +4,000lb car is pretty awful.

Ford is reminding me of big tech, telling me what I should want and forcing me one direction.

Dodge lacks the financing and clout, so they are just giving people what they want.

If it wasn't for the Government and regulations, you could buy a brand new, custom ordered factory fresh Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 for $16,500... Would you?

I sure as **** would. I bet a lot of people would. With modern industry, it would be no problem to cram in a MP3 CD player, more effecient, smaller AC unit, disk brakes and overdrive transmission and drive the cost down to $15k a pop.

View attachment 1583087

We all have our own opinions. Just to be clear I don’t have a GT500 anymore. Not planning on buying a new one either. I bought a new GTR and Rubicon last year. That being said I still respect what Ford and others are bringing to the table.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I'm late to this thread, but lol @ people crying about "tacked on flares" instead of just saying they don't like it because they hate Dodge and anything they put out. Just be real ffs.

Imagine in an alternate reality, Dodge molds huge new fenders and massive quarter panels so they don't look like "tacked on fenders", but in doing so they end up adding 3-400 lbs. Then Dodge haters would just bitch about that. Can't please someone that is actively trying to not be pleased. Fact of life.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Isn’t saying a “Charger Widebody” like that show where that dude keeps feeding his fat as **** whale of a significant other? I mean how heavy of a car do you want?

I bet my F150 SCrew FX4 weighs less.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
To raise a child would cost more than a new HC WB and a new GT500 combined...
New baby or New GT3RS? Now what would you choose. I won’t tell you the ladies you can lay with the GT3RS...

“The estimated cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 is $233,610 -- or as much as almost $14,000 annually, the Department of Agriculture says. That’s the average for a middle-income couple with two children. It’s a bit more expensive in urban parts of the country, and less so in rural areas.”

^^^^

Exactly!

Paying 1400 on one. I’m better than average. Nanny nanny poopooo

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread