Charger Widebody release

My94GT

Established Member
Isn’t saying a “Charger Widebody” like that show where that dude keeps feeding his fat as **** whale of a significant other? I mean how heavy of a car do you want?

I bet my F150 SCrew FX4 weighs less.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
This would almost be funny if it held much validity. Thankfully to go with minimalistic at best weight gain from the new front and rear covers and flair set up oh and wider wheels is the ability to utilize power better which it still has boat loads of (pun intended) also it has better suspension to further aid in more friendly aggressive drivability.

People will knock this pig of a car but the fact is more then a few are out there doing track days very happily with current hellcat variants and they actually do well for the average track day goer because many many people will never touch a cars true capabilities anyway.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This would almost be funny if it held much validity. Thankfully to go with minimalistic at best weight gain from the new front and rear covers and flair set up oh and wider wheels is the ability to utilize power better which it still has boat loads of (pun intended) also it has better suspension to further aid in more friendly aggressive drivability.

People will knock this pig of a car but the fact is more then a few are out there doing track days very happily with current hellcat variants and they actually do well for the average track day goer because many many people will never touch a cars true capabilities anyway.

No shit,

Based on C&D Lightning Lap tests, at VIR, the Widebody Hellcat does fairly well.

Screenshot_20190701-105302__01.jpeg

It's out pacing quite a few track oriented cars like the Boss 302, GT3, Vipers and older Z06s.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
No shit,

Based on C&D Lightning Lap tests, at VIR, the Widebody Hellcat does fairly well.

View attachment 1583237

It's out pacing quite a few track oriented cars like the Boss 302, GT3, Vipers and older Z06s.

It think it is hilarious that it even out paces the older F GT.... and people still try say, “car only good for one thing” or “car can only go in a straight line”.... lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
No shit,

View attachment 1583237

Ugh. Not this again. This is a terrible tool for comparison.

Different days, different drivers, and most importantly, this track was repaved twice and some trouble areas were massaged in the last 4 years.

All of the recent times should be a lot quicker than the older ones. Not saying the WB Challenger won't out run a lot of fast cars on track, but this isn't a very good comparison.

My94GT

Established Member

Different days, different drivers, and most importantly, this track was repaved twice and some trouble areas were massaged in the last 4 years.

All of the recent times should be a lot quicker than the older ones. Not saying the WB Challenger won't out run a lot of fast cars on track, but this isn't a very good comparison.
The point is for relative data this shows it’s not just a one trick pony and in the hands of an average person this car can provide plenty of fun even on a road course.

The hellcat variants really are just a good average all around performance car with gobs of power for street fun and enough capabilities to still take to the track and hurt some feelings. Now for the more focused track day junky there are better options but the trade off will be a less enjoyable street car so it’s all in what one really wants.

Zemedici

Established Member
It think it is hilarious that it even out paces the older F GT.... and people still try say, “car only good for one thing” or “car can only go in a straight line”.... lol

Man you wouldn’t believe the half of it

With what i do for a living, people still argue with me. Last guy said ‘yeah but i read on FB’

Aaaaaaaand I’m done. Lololol

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

I disagree. It's solid numbers and the variables you mentioned are going to translate in the terms of. 01 - 1.5 seconds up or down for any car on the list. So you are still looking at a cluster of data that says a Hellcat is going to be damn fast on an actual track.

As for changes to VIR, one of the biggest changes was the addition of FIA Curbing which means you can no longer cut across the gentle corners to ramp up momentum... Unless you want to sheer off your wheels and underbody.

Blasting across the "climbing esses" is exactly what a Hellcat driver would want to do, ands it's exactly what they can't do today.

HC also ran something like a 7:51 on Nürburgring, putting in with the C6 Z06, beating out a 996 GT3, GTR, SL65 AMG and M4.

It's a solid performance car that can hold its own. Your just going to have to channel your inner Richard Petty instead of Niki Laude.

Users who are viewing this thread