Changed the alternator and now she won’t start

Bullitt1448

Established Member
None of us know everything, diagnostics are the hardest part. Kudos to you for even trying, lots wouldn’t even try and just take in to a repair shop. The more you work on your car the more you will enjoy it, at least that is my experience.

Last edited:

dwest731

Established Member
I thought the same thing about the alternator and even the starter when it was changed to begin with. I turned it in for the core charge, part of me wanted wanted to get it back and try it too

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the first time i pulled the engine out of this car i noticed that particular ground strap was deteriorated and had almost broken in two. it might have been from when i removed it from the frame, but still it was in pretty bad shape.

the rubber coating it has from the factory probably traps moisture, etc.

also it's not available from ford, my parts guy said he didn't see a separate number for it at all, and said that it was probably part of the original harness number, even though now they don't include it.

fortunately just about every parts store in the country carries an almost identical braided ground strap from dorman/help! (without the rubber coating)

Users who are viewing this thread