Cause of the #8:

#8 Cylinder:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phack

Established Member
ill be checking my plugs later, if i see 6 & 8 look like some here, the car is getting sold off

I don't believe there is any problem with my plug I showed on the first page, either. The picture may be deceptive in the fact that it was taken after many miles of normal street driving. There is a very faint timing mark visible on the top surface of the ground strap that is not shown. Its in the right place too, at the apex of the ground straps curve.

WHITEMACH

Established Member
CPRsm read my number 8? this is got me ready to trade for a 07-08 gt500!!!
img4365k.jpg

img2706cb.jpg

img0011ag.jpg

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
And this is with a so called conservative tune? What do others think of this plug? Is this normal? I need to check mine.

Last edited:

CPRsm

CPRsm read my number 8? this is got me ready to trade for a 07-08 gt500!!!
img0011ag.jpg
Looks like a good mark to me. I'd try a new set to make sure, but looks good. I may trade you for mine if I don't get one in here soon to turbo. I'm about done making the headers and need something to put them on.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Talked to a Ford rep on one of the other forums. She said so far its only tuned cars and stock cars have no worry. Said more cars with 8 problems than reported on forums.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Just got back from taking the old ladies A6 GT to the dealership for an exhaust rattle and the very first thing they did was plug the car into the computer, which I thought was weird. Maybe that is a normal procedure, but it seemed odd. Maybe Ford is recommending they do this on all cars now?

Other than that, everything is all good.

03 red vert

So, help me understand.

What about a custom tune for 87 octane, then to be safe, run 89 or 91 octane in the car or is that a waste of time / money?

FastRedPonyCar