catch can install

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I've had breathers for ages. They always worked well, but they did tend to leave a bit of oily residue on the valve covers.

So, I finally went with a catch can setup.

Keep in mind that I used zip ties to mount it to the blower bracket as an interim. I have an idea for a more permanent solution, but as is, its pretty secure, and will just move with the engine.

Basically, this amounts to:

Two EVM-183 pcv valves ($14 together)
6 feet of heater hose ($5)
Moroso catch can and hose barbs ($110)

Prior:

dohc.jpg

current:

cc3.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc1.jpg

CC5.jpg

CC4.jpg

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Pretty ****ing sweet!!!

I think that's the route I'll be going as well

:rockon:

Quadcammer

Established Member
Yup, exactly. the pass side is about 7 inches, and I used about 4 feet 10 inches to go around the front of the motor to the catch can.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Best way to do it.

Still may get a little residue from it being that close to the motor.

Only other way, Relocate the battery to the trunk and mount it in the front corner.

Nice job though Quad.

Quadcammer

Established Member
Best way to do it.

Still may get a little residue from it being that close to the motor.

Only other way, Relocate the battery to the trunk and mount it in the front corner.

Nice job though Quad.

Thanks.

I was happily surprised to see that the catch can is baffled, so Im pretty confident that there won't be much if any residue out the breather. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

elyrain

Established Member
Does it smell better then the strait breathers? My breathers can smell pretty bad when sitting at a stoplight to long.

Last edited:

Nazman

Established Member
Been running that same set up for a few years and works great. No oil smell, no mist, works just perfect.

Yes, that can its baffled and works quite nicely!

Naz

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Is there anything else needed for switching?? Like tuning or anything?? I don't know why you would but I thought I'd ask anyways..

Solo500

Established Member
Are these things actually functional? Just wondering because without it the hose goes directly to the intake.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey bud can you take a picture of what you did to the intake on the driverside valvecover to the upper intake?? Did you just block off the upper intake part that goes to the valve cover?? thanks in advance :beer:

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Are these things actually functional? Just wondering because without it the hose goes directly to the intake.

They work very very well. Most Race cars that don't have a vucuum pump set up will run them.

Hey bud can you take a picture of what you did to the intake on the driverside valvecover to the upper intake?? Did you just block off the upper intake part that goes to the valve cover?? thanks in advance :beer:

The long hose runs from the Drivers side PCV in the valve cover to the catch can. Then you block off the intake connection with a vacuum cap. it is very simple.

Think of it as remote breathers.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Sweeet thanks STAMPEDE3 I wasn't sure if you can just block off the intake connection or not..

Users who are viewing this thread