Castrated and soulless

SVTDarin

Established Member
Funny reading all the comments. It will be interesting to see the response to fast electric cars 10 years from now. I remember when guys were about the same level of pissed off about manufacturers switching from carbs to FI.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny reading all the comments. It will be interesting to see the response to fast electric cars 10 years from now. I remember when guys were about the same level of pissed off about manufacturers switching from carbs to FAttach filesI.

Stupid analogy that doesnt fit, but hey... nice try there, SVTDarin!

SVTDarin

Established Member
Stupid analogy that doesnt fit, but hey... nice try there, SVTDarin!
1985 "WTF manufacturers are putting computers in cars that control fuel delivery through injectors you won't be able to modify them, they are now soul less - this is BS!"

2021 "WTF manufacturers are putting electric motors in everything, cars have become soul less - this is BS!

Yup you are right, stupid analogy. My point is people are pissed now but years from now a lot of those pissed people won't be anymore. Especially when they will be able to buy something as fast as a Tesla Model S Plaid for a lot less money than what they are now.

blk02edge

Established Member
1985 "WTF manufacturers are putting computers in cars that control fuel delivery through injectors you won't be able to modify them, they are now soul less - this is BS!"

2021 "WTF manufacturers are putting electric motors in everything, cars have become soul less - this is BS!

Yup you are right, stupid analogy. My point is people are pissed now but years from now a lot of those pissed people won't be anymore. Especially when they will be able to buy something as fast as a Tesla Model S Plaid for a lot less money than what they are now.
I've never once heard an old boy bitch about FI. The difference is sound and there is no analogy that fits the switch from ICE to EV.

SVTDarin

Established Member
I've never once heard an old boy bitch about FI. The difference is sound and there is no analogy that fits the switch from ICE to EV.
It's plain and simple, it's all about technology changing cars in a way that enthusiasts don't like.

blk02edge

Established Member
It's plain and simple, it's all about technology changing cars in a way that enthusiasts don't like.
I totally understand that different strokes/different folks but if the fire breathing sound isn't 1/2 the fun then I question your gender pronouns. EV's will just never deliver to the majority of real car guys

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Funny reading all the comments. It will be interesting to see the response to fast electric cars 10 years from now. I remember when guys were about the same level of pissed off about manufacturers switching from carbs to FI.
Not even close to a similar scenario.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Its more than just being "fast".

The motorsports hobby has tons of contributors to the overall experience, "fast" being one of many that people enjoy. But going fast is nowhere near the only important piece of what is actually a damn large puzzle.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
You can make an electric motor just as noisy! It may not be as appealing to the ears but you can make the scream. Lol. You should hear a 1/2 horsepower lesson motor run at 200 hertz! It was screaming. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

Umm there are quite a few more factors at play here other than simply switching from from ICE to EV. But hey, “MuH fast EleCtRic Car”

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread