carlsbad 9/20 anyone?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I was told to 'melt' them prior to each run. We were doing 8-10 second burnouts (very hard for me to do). I have been told to do the burnout in 2nd gear -- but I didn't try that -- to reduce the amount of time the engine is under load by spinning them faster while staying off boost.

Could be there are days that Carlsbad just will not hook. I'm not going to be ready by 9/20 -- but if I haven't even started I may come down to see how the track is. I need my son Adam to be available because I don't want a long ride on ET Streets.
JW

stang99

JW: We are watching every move you make. Our spies are everywhere. Just yesterday, we had someone come into your office parking lot and artfully insert 400 pounds of lead at strategic points into the vert. My calculations indicate that if we gradually insert another 600 pounds of lead into your car, you will not notice since your mods will almost keep up with the additional weight. You may notice a slightly softer ride, but, you'll sort of like it.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
We will be down there. Probably with the same power that we had at our last fun at LACR. I talked with NHRA reps today and they said :nono: on the removable crossbar but :thumbsup: on the removable driver bar. So we will come down with a little more weight in the car.
I will compensate by pumping up the front tires and lowering the pressure on the ET Streets.

Let's have a Cobra par-tay:burnout:
JW

Hey, have you guys ever seen someone with VHT in a pressurized garden sprayer and applying it to their tires right before rolling into the staging area? ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Let's have a Cobra par-tay:burnout:
JW

Hey, have you guys ever seen someone with VHT in a pressurized garden sprayer and applying it to their tires right before rolling into the staging area? ;-)

James i swear ur coming up with some cool lines :beer:

I havent seen the VHT sprayed on the tires but i dont want to see a broken shaft either :eek:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
How bout everyone chip in and we buy a container of vht and spray the first 60-100ft of track? Or maybe just the launch area?

How much is that stuff?

But putting it on the tires is kinda like redundant <SP> isnt it?

U do a burnout & its just gone right?

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
I think we could just spray down the first 60ft with Carlsbad's approval as soon as we get there. Wait, is this a private event or an open test n' tune day???

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Test & Tune bro.... O.K. will send u out to the dude at the staging lane.

Good Luck....BTW FOLKS.....Dont trouble ur self to have a clean car.

U will get alot of dirt on ur car & is not worth it.

Red BOLT99

Established Member
I'll be there !
And I'll take a tent for the guys that are worried about loosing Wheels or tools, to put under.
I'm only a 1/2 mile away so I'll even take some pop for everyone!
Hope to see everyone there.PEASE!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Red BOLT99
I'll be there !
And I'll take a tent for the guys that are worried about loosing Wheels or tools, to put under.
I'm only a 1/2 mile away so I'll even take some pop for everyone!
Hope to see everyone there.PEASE!

:D Cool...... :beer:

Glad u'll be there Franky ;-)

Should be alot of fun.....were planning on meeting up at a Restuarant before we go into the line.

Maybe u got a spot for us to hook up at to eat before we run?
Ur comments will be appreciated :beer:

:thumbsup:

stang99

I thought that I'd post some more inside drag racing secrets for free for you guys that are going to C-Bad on the 20th. Don't bother wasting your money on Nittos since they won't work any better than your regular street radials. Just pump your street radials up to 40 psi and launch at 5000 RPM. When you get wheel hop just drive through it. You can trust me on this. To get any improvement at C-Bad you have to run actual slicks.
Also, even though I will be back in the water doing a burnout on my Nittos, do not think that this will give me any advantage. I only drag race because I like to do smokey burnouts. The rest of the "race" is not even any fun. It's all about the burnouts.
I know that this tip will save you money. Don't forget to take the air back out of your rear tires when you leave.
I hope that someone is bringing a car trailer!

Red BOLT99

Established Member
Well when you get on the offramp off the Palomar Exit on your right thers MCdonalds,MariCalanders,In&out and somother places.
On the opposite side of the freeway theres,Islands, CarlsJr, TGIRFridays, and Taco bell ,
OR if you wait to get to the Track Shopping center Theres Jackin the Crack, TacoB, Submarina, TacoShop or my faorite 7-11 Funyons and a Slurpee!!!
Hope this Helps

stang99

I just noticed the numbers on the left side of your pic. Did you run those at C-Bad? Interesting that Danny tunes such evil 11 sec Lightnings and the Cobras he tuned are all stuck in the 12's. I mean, what does a Lightning weigh and how much frontal area does it have? It must take a lot of RWHP/TQ to get that huge thing to 11.77@116.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Red BOLT99
Well when you get on the offramp off the Palomar Exit on your right thers MCdonalds,MariCalanders,In&out and somother places.
On the opposite side of the freeway theres,Islands, CarlsJr, TGIRFridays, and Taco bell ,
OR if you wait to get to the Track Shopping center Theres Jackin the Crack, TacoB, Submarina, TacoShop or my faorite 7-11 Funyons and a Slurpee!!!
Hope this Helps

:lol: :thumbsup:

Actually i would like McDonalds for some breakfast.....love the coffee at McDonalds (no flames folks).

So is Palomar Exit the street for C-Bad? I was pretty pumped up when following John i wasnt paying so much attention :bash:

Think John's going with us ;-)

P. Red Bolt ran that at Famoso i believe.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
since there's a 7-11 nearby we can grab ice there. just gotta remember to bring an old towel to put the ice on top of the blower. does anybody have an air compresser? might mess around w/ tire pressures. i'll bring the weakass electric one i got just in case.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
since there's a 7-11 nearby we can grab ice there. just gotta remember to bring an old towel to put the ice on top of the blower. does anybody have an air compresser? might mess around w/ tire pressures. i'll bring the weakass electric one i got just in case.

George & the Walkers have one...so we should be good on that.

:beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
very cool. don't forget to put your 17's on pmoddy! and i have to remember to get that screw taken out of my right rear tire.

stang99

Ah, so he was the red Lightning at Famoso that parked next to me and was running 11's with the KB and big intercooler and all that stuff. He brought Danny Swanson with him as his pit crew. When you get to be my age you start to forget things. I had put that way fast Lightning out of my mind because it was disturbing that it was .66 sec faster than me. I ran [email protected] that day off a 2.011 60' and backed it up with a [email protected] off a 1.992 60'. That's the same day that FiveOhDean ran 11's. I'd definitely like another shot of Famoso on a good cool day with all out track prep.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:lol: :thumbsup:

P. Red Bolt ran that at Famoso i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread