carlsbad 9/20 anyone?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
anyone interested in heading down to carlsbad saturday 9/20? there hasn't been any new info re: a closure date on the message board, but it would be nice to get a group down there one more time.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Hum on 9/20....bad thing is that i might have the clutch done on that day :bash:

I'll keep u posted on that for sure :beer:

wow, hope the clutch comes in before then! if not, no big deal. just wanted to throw out a date and see if there were any bites. speaking of bites...

damn, i thought 03dohc was gonna make a special trip down. he just didn't want to use the "so much wax that the car can't break 13.99" excuse. ;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
Shoot, I'm not driving 600 miles to run at an ice skate rink. I ran my bike there for a few years and that place sucks. hehe.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Shoot, I'm not driving 600 miles to run at an ice skate rink. I ran my bike there for a few years and that place sucks. hehe.

haha

My first impression was cool, then the 2nd thought was really? Damn alot of miles to just go to a drag strip.

Then BAM!!! :kaboom: reality.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Hum on 9/20....bad thing is that i might have the clutch done on that day :bash:

I'll keep u posted on that for sure :beer:
Dave; You do something new to your car every weekend? You impress me, way to go.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
Dave; You do something new to your car every weekend? You impress me, way to go.

:lol: i'm tellin ya, time to get the 2nd on the house, buy a new doorknob or lightbulbs, then dump the rest into the car. best do it before the rates go above 6. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
:lol: i'm tellin ya, time to get the 2nd on the house, buy a new doorknob or lightbulbs, then dump the rest into the car. best do it before the rates go above 6. ;-)

:eek: :nonono:

No thats o.k....

Hum...maybe i can do Carlsbad......wont do the clutch till next month or some thing.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
is your existing clutch making lots of noise or slipping pretty bad? w/ the trouble tetge's having i'm having second thoughts about upgrading to a spec as well.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well i can bet it slips a bit.....but cant say its that bad either.

Feels like the engine just revs more then me taking off. :shrug:

Either way im doing to go with you Allan....but that means Sunday fully wash the car & the rest of the week wax it for the McCoy deal ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
shoot i thought that the composite tob would help the retainer wear but who knows. i saw that somebody used a different clutch too. we'll see i guess. it sucks that ppl are having these problems. :(

that'd be cool if you can make it. i'm sure you'd be low 12's even on the crappy conditions. (don't forget to put on your 17's!) plus we'll get to see randy put up some numbers. :) hopefully svenum can make it too and get some runs in to make up for his window problems. at least we know how to fix it now. ;-)

where are all the san diego folks at? come on guys, represent! :)

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Sounds good to me. I wanna see what I can really do at that track, now that I've got my new clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, and I've worked on my 2-3 shift some.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
excellent! who's got the current low et @ carlsbad? any bets on best 60', et, or mph? ;-)
Doesn't McRat have the 03 Cobra record at Carlsbad.:uh oh: 11.9 missing 4th or something like that?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
oh shit, that's right. i can't speak for anybody else, but i don't think that record has anything to worry about from me. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread