carlsbad 9/20 anyone?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i dunno man. just make sure the bottle's full and you might be surprised. :) might jonas be interested in trying out cbad?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
You guys have ET Streets or slicks to run at carlsbad? Spin city.

That would be a good idea for folks to have.

But i surely dont have them :(
Might just get some Nitto's by then.

Allan....no bottle warmer so maybe no nitrous at all this time out. :shrug:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
That would be a good idea for folks to have.

But i surely dont have them :(
Might just get some Nitto's by then.

i think i might do that too. we'll see... i actually didn't slip n slide all that bad last time but i was slipping the clutch pretty badly to not get the hop.

Allan....no bottle warmer so maybe no nitrous at all this time out. :shrug:

doh. well maybe you can get somebody to hug the bottle for awhile before your runs. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i think i might do that too. we'll see... i actually didn't slip n slide all that bad last time but i was slipping the clutch pretty badly to not get the hop.

doh. well maybe you can get somebody to hug the bottle for awhile before your runs. ;-)

I could not get grip of on 1st gear at all. The rest was fine for me as well...had some wheel hop exp.

O.K. its ur Job bra :thumbsup:
BTW thanks ;-)

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
I'm trying to work on it, if I go I might not run the slicks since I don't want to bring my tank, jack, and tool kit and leave it all there with no one to watch it while I run. I'll know in the next couple days I hope, it also depends on if Galpin wants to play nice or not.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
So who is in & not?

So far.

Allan, Juan, Me any one else?

you forgot ruben. :) hopefully jh can make it too. i want to see what's been going on w/ the walkerz racing vehicle. ;-)

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Count me in then, sounds like a great time! Still pondering the "should I run the slicks" question and I'm leaning toward the no since last time I ran them I couldn't get a better 60 ft then with my f1's (2.0).

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by InS0mNiAc
Count me in then, sounds like a great time! Still pondering the "should I run the slicks" question and I'm leaning toward the no since last time I ran them I couldn't get a better 60 ft then with my f1's (2.0).

Bryan,
MT ET's? Did you 'melt them down'?
After instruction, we started holding the burnout until they got so sticky you could feel it. At LACR they then worked '2 or 3 tenths' better than the F1s.
JW

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Bryan,
MT ET's? Did you 'melt them down'?
After instruction, we started holding the burnout until they got so sticky you could feel it. At LACR they then worked '2 or 3 tenths' better than the F1s.
JW
I got them from a guy named Marcus in the lightning club. They had about 10-15 passes on them already so I figured that a heavy burnout like the one MT suggests for first run slicks wasn't needed, so I did a normal burnout. Since that didn't work I did a light burnout, heavy burnout, no burnout, all the options I could think of weren't working including playing with the air pressure. No one was really hooking that day so I'm not surprised actually. Sure would be nice to get below a 2.0 before I add the good mods :D

Users who are viewing this thread