Carbinite pulley on a DD

2012csgt

Established Member
Here is the graph STD. 93 vs E85. 3.125 V3 6 rib.

IMG_2748_zps82feb6a8.jpg

Last edited:

lshin037

Established Member
I was contemplating between the torque booster kit vs a return fuel system. I went with the torque booster kit since it was the half the price of a fuel system. Needless to say, I regret it now.

jp1seattle

Established Member
How is it feeling? I am going to do the TB set up this winter. I'm feeling a little less worried about belt slip since I have 3.31s

lshin037

Established Member
How is it feeling? I am going to do the TB set up this winter. I'm feeling a little less worried about belt slip since I have 3.31s

Feels great since the boost comes on sooner and my peak pressure has raised. You should be good to go.

lshin037

Established Member
How many miles is that? Is the belt getting thin/frayed at all?

About 1300-1400 miles. Belt's still good. No thinning that I can see and definitely no fraying. Daily driving and occasional spirited driving. I've done more spirited driving than I usually do for testing purposes.

From researching, it seems the majority of cars shredding belts or having to replace the belt after a couple runs are cars used in competition....built motor, running 20+ psi, rougher textured pulleys...basically high powered big boys trying to set records.

Still too early to say it's great for daily driving but so far so good.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
About 1300-1400 miles. Belt's still good. No thinning that I can see and definitely no fraying. Daily driving and occasional spirited driving. I've done more spirited driving than I usually do for testing purposes.

From researching, it seems the majority of cars shredding belts or having to replace the belt after a couple runs are cars used in competition....built motor, running 20+ psi, rougher textured pulleys...basically high powered big boys trying to set records.

Still too early to say it's great for daily driving but so far so good.
Good info. If it lasts for 10-15k, I'll consider one.

lshin037

Established Member
I wanted to check and see how things are going after taking off the wastage and adding the carbinite pulley so I datalogged a run this morning. I submitted a request to Lund for review but I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who's got experience. Attached is the log. The knock sensor shows a reading as high as 4.5 at one point. Is this normal?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By2L-O0CAF38cjlKeUJEY2xrMms/view?usp=sharing

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I wanted to check and see how things are going after taking off the wastage and adding the carbinite pulley so I datalogged a run this morning. I submitted a request to Lund for review but I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who's got experience. Attached is the log. The knock sensor shows a reading as high as 4.5 at one point. Is this normal?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By2L-O0CAF38cjlKeUJEY2xrMms/view?usp=sharing

Ya that looks bad, could be bad gas. Don't run it WOT until you burn up that tank and fill up again.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Also from looking at the maf frequency it looks like your WG opens around 6800. Was this a 1st, 2nd and 3rd log?

lshin037

Established Member
Ya that looks bad, could be bad gas. Don't run it WOT until you burn up that tank and fill up again.

Is this a regular thing with gas? To get bad gas from the pump? Btw...it happens when in neutral rev as well. Goes all the way to 5.

Also, I don't have a WG anymore. Just a 3.33 pulley. First log

Users who are viewing this thread