Car stolen (again).

lethal

Established Member
all that money put into alarms, lowjack, you name it...

you could probably have just made a homeade fuel cutoff switch and hidden it somewhere in the car for $50.00

im sorry about your car dude

Don't be sorry, I got the car back and put a scumbag in jail, the car came back better than the last time. It's in very good shape and I don't care about diminished value at all -- I'm never going to sell it. Right now, its got the latest Lojack and sitting in a very secure garage. It's not going anywhere.

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Ever think that it may be a LOJACK employee or the fact that you had it installed. Just Say'n...:nonono:

maybe you painted a big steal me sign on your car by installing it.

Congrats on getting it back!!!

Terminators for LIFE!!!:beer:

lethal

Established Member
Ever think that it may be a LOJACK employee or the fact that you had it installed. Just Say'n...:nonono:

Definitely not. The original lojack was installed when I bought the car in 2002. The car was stolen in Feb 2010 and abandoned in Miami. Lojack got it back safe, with only minor issues. The second theft was the thieves being overconfident because they were not *sure* I had Lojack, because I had a cheap audible alarm installed just so I could tell if the doors had been opened -- they figured this was the only protection. The second theft they did the same exact thing to steal it (broke steering column and replaced computer, used their own key). They took it right to their garage and that's how they caught the guy, with 3 other snakes. This was part of a bigger operation, Terminators have been stolen in great numbers in the tri-county area over the last 6 months (up to Feb 2010).

I have no illusions, if a thief wants your car, they will get it if you cannot garage it. My garage should be finished by the end of the year. For now, I have it at a friends house in his spare garage. They moved my Jeep the first time. Even if I installed a fuel interruptor, the garage had a tow truck out front (I drove by after the bust). All that was taken into inventory, so he lost all his tools, shop, etc.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
maybe you painted a big steal me sign on your car by installing it.
nothing like a dumbass post by a ****ing noob to decrease the collective IQ of SVTP

lethal

Established Member
Just got a call from the prosecutors office. He will be going on trial and I will be there (if needed) to testify. I will let you know his fate once I know it.

Jroc

Established Member
Hopefully they give him the death penalty. That way more Cobras will be safe, and we can have us a good old fashion killin. :dancenana:

whipplecrusher

Established Member
Well, I was hoping to report better news. So far, 2010 has not been a good year for my Terminator. It was stolen on Feb 25th, the thieves moved my Jeep out of the way and stole the car. I got it back due to Lojack, then got it fixed. While there, I got the shop to repaint it, it looked awesome. After getting it back, five days later is was in an accident, new hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, hood latch, and it was repainted and back together. Now, I also added an active alarm to the Lojack, figuring it would be that much safer. This morning, the car is again missing. I've reported it to the cops, insurance, and this time I'm not so sure I'll get it back. Last time it was only gone for a few hours and I found it missing probably 2-4 hours after it was gone. This time, it was probably gone some time after two and I didn't notice until after 10 AM. I'm so depressed, I'm not sure I even want the car back... I just feel so horrible, my baby is gone =( ... again.

John

buy a gun lol

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
wow...just read the whole thread. I am about to dump about $10K into my car when I return to the states. I think I will make LoJack one of my purchases.
at worst lojack is peace of mind. at best you get your car back in relatively short order. This is a good example of how it works. Some insurance companies give you an insurance break if you have it as well.

Deric

Established Member
i just read the whole thing too. Crazy story! Lo-jack sounds relatively cheap huh? Nice.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
It's taking 'em long enough! This dude will plea at the last minute, I'm sure... or does he have a lengthy record already?

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Damn man, good to hear you got it back, and they caught the ahole who did it. Hopefully the judge throws the book at the scumbag so he can sit in prison and think about what he has done for awhile. Not that he will probably stop trying to steal cars when he gets out again.

lethal

Established Member
It's taking 'em long enough! This dude will plea at the last minute, I'm sure... or does he have a lengthy record already?

I don't think so, I think this is his first time in the legal system. I'll know more once I am down there, right now I'm just waiting to be called.

John

lethal

Established Member
at worst lojack is peace of mind. at best you get your car back in relatively short order. This is a good example of how it works. Some insurance companies give you an insurance break if you have it as well.

It's more than piece of mind for me. It got MY car back, twice, even at Lojack they hadn't heard of that happening. After all that -- they upgraded me to the latest model and only charged me the difference between today's price and the same cost from 8 years ago. The new system kicks ass with the early warning system.

John

Last edited:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Not sure who Caveman is, he's not on SVTP is he? It was down in Miami-Dade county.

He's referring to Caveman Performance in Miami. They're responsible for a LOT of the Terminators going missing in the Broward-Miami area. He stole my buddy's 03 DSG and another's Cobra clone. Charges have been filed and awaiting trial. This guy and his crew are pathetic pieces of excrement and deserve to be beaten over and over for stealing what people have worked their butts off for.

Users who are viewing this thread