Car stolen (again).

lethal

Established Member
I have not heard anything, he was supposed to plea out on May 31. Apparently, the perp was in a bad accident of some type, so the ADA was calling me about restitution amounts -- but given he can't work, its going to be an uphill battle. Karma is a bitch. As soon as I know, I'll update everyone.

kachup

Established Member
too many cobra's are getting stolen here in south florida....And im not trying to offend no one but most people that take them are hispanic (im a hispanic) with spotters and tow truck driver...and put them in warehouses in hialeah or somewhere in the miami area... it pisses me off when i see such a great car get stolen to sell as parts...people have to learn to work hard like most of us in this forum to buy w.e you want and not take others...but every pig has his day

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
Just read through this whole thread. I was so pissed in the beginning but glad you ended up getting the car back. I hope they fry.

kleistang

Established Member
too many cobra's are getting stolen here in south florida....And im not trying to offend no one but most people that take them are hispanic (im a hispanic) with spotters and tow truck driver...and put them in warehouses in hialeah or somewhere in the miami area... it pisses me off when i see such a great car get stolen to sell as parts...people have to learn to work hard like most of us in this forum to buy w.e you want and not take others...but every pig has his day

lol no only with the cars, sometimes it makes me wonder if the administration of this country is stupid or they just really don't give a ****. im hispanic as well but i admit that down here in FL they steal in every way, psssh medical industry, accident clinics, medicare, real state, fake accidents, and the latest home owner insurances. :bash:

kachup

Established Member
lol no only with the cars, sometimes it makes me wonder if the administration of this country is stupid or they just really don't give a ****. im hispanic as well but i admit that down here in FL they steal in every way, psssh medical industry, accident clinics, medicare, real state, fake accidents, and the latest home owner insurances. :bash:

so true its incredible....people will do anything to get easy money :nonono:

i know people trying to fix their morgage down here that have gone to a "lawyer" and lose their house because the so called lawyer dissapears :bs:

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
Wow just read this whole thread nice to see you got your cobra back and i dont have a garage so this makes me paranoid now.. should install lojack along with my already installed viper alarm system :X

nooner

Established Member
Wow just read this whole thread nice to see you got your cobra back and i dont have a garage so this makes me paranoid now.. should install lojack along with my already installed viper alarm system :X

VIPER alarm system in a Cobra? Doesn't anyone make a Cobra alarm system? jk :lol1:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Awesome story. Too bad the perp got an easy way out by damaging himself.

Then again, docs have been known to write up fake injury reports from emergency rooms to help people get off easier on things like work comp. I wouldn't count *anything* out in Miami.

lethal

Established Member
Finally have an update. OK, so the guy has a record, DC #M78149

You can look him up here: Offender Information Search

I looked him up after getting a check in the mail, for $24.04, he owes me another $475.96. So, he's paying my deductible back and I spoke to my insurance company and they are getting checks as well. No prison time, he's a felon now and if he screws up over the next two years, they can go after him for more.

05/31/2010 OWN AND OPERATE CHOP SHOP 06/20/2011 MIAMI-DADE 1016088 2Y 0M 0D
05/31/2010 GRAND THEFT MOTOR VEHICLE 06/20/2011 MIAMI-DADE 1016088 2Y 0M 0D
05/31/2010 GRAND THEFT MOTOR VEHICLE 06/20/2011 MIAMI-DADE 1016088 2Y 0M 0D
05/31/2010 SELL UNNUMBERED AUTO 06/20/2011 MIAMI-DADE 1016088 2Y 0M 0D

Car is in excellent shape, driving it this week after putting in a new clutch. Garage plans are done, should be built/completed in the next six months. What a saga!

John

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
well...at least he is a felon now. kind of pissed about the no jail time deal.

i wish i had the dudes phone number. not going to say why....but...it isnt so he can get more business/steal more cars, thats for damn sure. this guy is a fuggin piece of shit!

edit: and im not even sure he deserves THAT title.

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
damn this was a long thread to read lol, sounds like you have been through some stuff in the last year or so.. glad you got your car back anyway i was thinking of investing in lojak but didnt yet.. this might of just gave me the extra motivation

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LoJack is the shit. I have it in both my cars. Even if you never use it, you still have some piece of mind. Remember however, that if you don't drive your car regularly you will need to but some kind of battery tender on it because it will drain your battery over time.

damn this was a long thread to read lol, sounds like you have been through some stuff in the last year or so.. glad you got your car back anyway i was thinking of investing in lojak but didnt yet.. this might of just gave me the extra motivation

testorossa1989

Established Member
Thats why i got a obnoxious exhaust, go ahead steal my car. I got a GT right next too it and i guarantee you wont be getting away.

But seriously no jail time? thats some horsecrap, literally

JDUB348

Established Member
I don't have an aftermarket alarm system (yet) on my terminator, but i dont worry about it sitting at home :)

My car sits behind a fence with barb wire with a lock on it, then theres the garage door latched shut with a lock on it, and then finally an alarm on the building it sits in. Good luck thieves :)

Also add in there that the police station is 5 minutes from where i live :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread