Cadillac Lyriq Sport 3 AWD

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hi Gang,

I know MOST of you hate EV's but I wanted to share my experience so far with a car I just purchased...2024 Cadillac Lyriq Sport 3 AWD.

These cars are heavily heavily discounted right now and for around 65-70k you can get a really loaded one with super cruise and tons of luxury inside.

The EV market is in a really bad spot and having owned a bunch of EV's at this point I really think they are great cars in many ways, I don't think they are the future but I hope they stick around and continue to improve the range and performance. We shall see...

Having said all this I would put this car ahead of ALL the previous EV's I have owned...even the porsche taycan turbo s. Car drives like its on a cloud and is super duper smooth in all ways.

The interior is a knockout in every single way. Cadillac has done an outstanding job of putting this car on par and ahead of so many luxury cars. Its really big on the inside as well, not sure what frame put this car on but it's bigger than midsize and smaller than say an escalade. The supercruise is really good and the car has the clearest TFT display I have ever seen, very good in all ways. My car came with the optional napa leather seats and are superb.

Performance is respectable with a zero to sixty time of 4.6-4.9 and 12.9@112 quarter mile...cadillac is releasing a velocity over the air upgrade soon which will knock 4 tenths off the 0-60 time. I will plan to buy that when it comes out and restest.

432694277_10160373411151775_6037424235439160083_n.jpg
432754278_10160373411206775_5829863277784712271_n.jpg
432788112_10160373411166775_9061348218370100932_n.jpg

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Hi Gang,

I know MOST of you hate EV's but I wanted to share my experience so far with a car I just purchased...2024 Cadillac Lyriq Sport 3 AWD.

These cars are heavily heavily discounted right now and for around 65-70k you can get a really loaded one with super cruise and tons of luxury inside.

The EV market is in a really bad spot and having owned a bunch of EV's at this point I really think they are great cars in many ways, I don't think they are the future but I hope they stick around and continue to improve the range and performance. We shall see...

Having said all this I would put this car ahead of ALL the previous EV's I have owned...even the porsche taycan turbo s. Car drives like its on a cloud and is super duper smooth in all ways.

The interior is a knockout in every single way. Cadillac has done an outstanding job of putting this car on par and ahead of so many luxury cars. Its really big on the inside as well, not sure what frame put this car on but it's bigger than midsize and smaller than say an escalade. The supercruise is really good and the car has the clearest TFT display I have ever seen, very good in all ways. My car came with the optional napa leather seats and are superb.

Performance is respectable with a zero to sixty time of 4.6-4.9 and 12.9@112 quarter mile...cadillac is releasing a velocity over the air upgrade soon which will knock 4 tenths off the 0-60 time. I will plan to buy that when it comes out and restest.

432694277_10160373411151775_6037424235439160083_n.jpg
432754278_10160373411206775_5829863277784712271_n.jpg
432788112_10160373411166775_9061348218370100932_n.jpg

This "Lyric' is the automobile equivalent to...

"We Built This City On Rock & Roll!!!"

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's a good car. I think I need to buy an SVJ to please Bruno though. Then again, he probably sees those daily in Naples. lol

Looks wise, I don't think it's bad. It's at least different than most other vehicles that are copying the same design cues, and I like the wide body look to it. I don't like that it's an EV. If it's as good as you say, and I believe you, just imagine if they had put a gas motor in it. It'd be car of the year and flying off the lots.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Looks wise, I don't think it's bad. It's at least different than most other vehicles that are copying the same design cues, and I like the wide body look to it. I don't like that it's an EV. If it's as good as you say, and I believe you, just imagine if they had put a gas motor in it. It'd be car of the year and flying off the lots.
One of the V engines with AWD would have been a demon slayer on the street. They have a velocity upgrade that adds a nice amount of EV power coming out that I will opt in on. Caddy says the EV motors in the lyriq can be pushed to 650hp safely so there is a ton of room from the standard 500 they give in it.

For the money, it's a really nice car and stands out nicely from the EV crowd. Probably be worth 25k next year but we will see...lolololol

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
It's a good car. I think I need to buy an SVJ to please Bruno though. Then again, he probably sees those daily in Naples. lol
The only cars that really catch my eye now are Rolls Royce’s. They just ooze class wealth and mogg everything in its path.

If I hit the lottery that’s what I’d buy. Everything else is so commonplace down here I barely notice them. Yes I still like Ferraris and other exotics but when you see something every day you become immune to it.

The last exotic that made me look twice was a Bugatti Veyron. You just don’t see them on the street too often.

IA Shelby

Established Member
The only cars that really catch my eye now are Rolls Royce’s. They just ooze class wealth and mogg everything in its path.

If I hit the lottery that’s what I’d buy. Everything else is so commonplace down here I barely notice them. Yes I still like Ferraris and other exotics but when you see something every day you become immune to it.

The last exotic that made me look twice was a Bugatti Veyron. You just don’t see them on the street too often.
How often do you see a Ford GT?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
How often do you see a Ford GT?
The older early 2000’s one or the newer model?

The older ones I don’t see out in the wild as often as the newer model but you can see those at different car shows.

I’ve seen a few newer ford gt’s this season especially down by Marco Island.

OX1

Established Member
Most of us (me for sure, and I suspect "most") are not as against EV's, as we are the gov't jamming that crap up are arse. Anyone who does not believe that is what the gov't is doing (and there are plenty who try to make some technical argument about it), are just as much a part of the problem, as the gov't themselves.

I personally made two trips in the last week and a half that NO EV could have made. One in my Fusion Sport to go look at GT500, and one with my truck/trailer to pick it up. We are talking a planned 6-7 hours, ONE way. Both round trips, done in ONE day.

Even HAULING in my Fusion, is was 5 AM to 8 PM (due to rush hour/accidents on the way back, past Philly). Towing back was WAY longer, due to trailer tire issues, but that is the kind of thing you can't plan around charging times. With a 46 gallon tank in my SD, I only fueled once.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Most of us (me for sure, and I suspect "most") are not as against EV's, as we are the gov't jamming that crap up are arse. Anyone who does not believe that is what the gov't is doing (and there are plenty who try to make some technical argument about it), are just as much a part of the problem, as the gov't themselves.

I personally made two trips in the last week and a half that NO EV could have made. One in my Fusion Sport to go look at GT500, and one with my truck/trailer to pick it up. We are talking a planned 6-7 hours, ONE way. Both round trips, done in ONE day.

Even HAULING in my Fusion, is was 5 AM to 8 PM (due to rush hour/accidents on the way back, past Philly). Towing back was WAY longer, due to trailer tire issues, but that is the kind of thing you can't plan around charging times. With a 46 gallon tank in my SD, I only fueled once.
I won’t go far in mine. I got the Escalade ESV for that. lol. But yes, those are the things that need to be figured out to make them remotely viable.

Users who are viewing this thread