C5 ZO6 vs LS1 SS

QuickC5Z

Established Member
Well, more like 3150-3175lbs depending on options. Camaro's can be in the mid 3400s depending on options, subtract whatever weight the SS guy took out and boom, both cars are going to be at somewhat close weights, with likely similar power on that race.

I think the race looked good to me. :shrug:

Many people get 3050 out of C5Zs with a half tank of gas. Headers and offroad x pipe drops the weight even more. Curb weight(stock) is between 3115-3130. They also have around 19 gallon gas tanks, so running it almost empty drops quite a bit of weight too.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Many people get 3050 out of C5Zs with a half tank of gas. Headers and offroad x pipe drops the weight even more. Curb weight(stock) is between 3115-3130. They also have around 19 gallon gas tanks, so running it almost empty drops quite a bit of weight too.

Yes sir :beer:

Just did some googling searching and saw a member on corvette forums did an 04 CE hood, big and littlest, full exhaust and removed most stuff from trunk (carpet, tire inflator etc etc) and the car with a 1/4 tank was 2940.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Get the C5Z retuned and see how it runs. It probably has a crappy tune. Lots of hacks trying to be tuners. The tuner probably tuned it like crap and turned up the happy meter on the dyno to make it look like he did a great job. Also, gears help TREMENDOUSLY for cammed C5Zs. The higher revs stretch the gears out farther down the track, so you go into fourth later down the track, which hinders some mph, because of how far apart 3rd and fourth gear are . You get a big drop in RPM and now you're shifting into fourth closer to the finish line.

What kinda of heads, cam intake(if it has one) does the C5Z have? Care to share the setup?

BTW..when racing for money, never trust the mod list the guy you're racing tells you.
The C5 Z is tuned by a reputable tuner around here. Heads are PRC & custom cam. Also, the Z had a 1/4 tank of gas during the race.

DSS

Established Member
I don't think they'd run for $, but there's plenty of cars out there for you to run for $. I mean, the way you talk it seems that your car is making big HP so there's always a rematch with 1raresnake. Maybe, FastGM crew or Southbay Hitmen.

i bet if they know 100% they could win they would :beer:, its whatever tho, i already know what the outcome would be

my car is decent, its just another highway car, it would be nice to get a rematch with 1rakesnake (Lance) now that my car is running very well but last time my good brother talked to him he said his all about "dig racing" now and no more highway games, its understandable his new car is Auto. i know all the guys you mention they are all strictly dig cars, good guys tho, it would be nice if they could play on highway 40mph 50mph, but they are all built for a dig and mine for a highway, i doubt we can agree to terms

Last edited:

DSS

Established Member
BTW..when racing for money, never trust the mod list the guy you're racing tells you.

thats why i never ask, its also no ones business but the owner himself whats really goind on down with his/her own car and I like to gamble, with the idea of run what you brung and hope its enough

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes sir :beer:

Just did some googling searching and saw a member on corvette forums did an 04 CE hood, big and littlest, full exhaust and removed most stuff from trunk (carpet, tire inflator etc etc) and the car with a 1/4 tank was 2940.

Im not sure guys. From my experience, they dont get that light unless you do weight reduction. :shrug:

I guess my main point is that i dont see the weight difference between the two cars being more than 200lbs max.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Im not sure guys. From my experience, they dont get that light unless you do weight reduction. :shrug:

I guess my main point is that i dont see the weight difference between the two cars being more than 200lbs max.

Stock curb weight is 3115 per GM. 2004 commemorative edition cars had factory installed carbon fiber hoods and left the showroom right around 3060. Yank some extra crap like trunk liner, washer tank, floor mats, tire inflation kit, etc etc..and add that with full exhaust (deleting cast items) and then with lighter weight slicks and skinnies I'd think 2900 is possible and fairly easy.

AWDLS2

Established Member
My dads 04 Commemorative edition Z with a full tank weighed 3140lbs on 2 different scales, which is the lightest C5Z because of the CF hood. Maybe the people your getting your info from aren't mentioning how much gas they had in the car

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
My dads 04 Commemorative edition Z with a full tank weighed 3140lbs on 2 different scales, which is the lightest C5Z because of the CF hood. Maybe the people your getting your info from aren't mentioning how much gas they had in the car

Damn that's light....that's right at 3000 on a very low tank (19 gallon x 8lbs a gallon (round up) = 150ish lbs of fuel). Very cool

Users who are viewing this thread