C5 ZO6 vs LS1 SS

DSS

Established Member
It just runs hard for the mods was door to door with my old stock c6z06 50-125

runs like many average decent set up heads and cam f-body LS1, not too bad... and that c5z06 dont run very well for what it has

hows ur car? get enough seat time?

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
runs like many average decent set up heads and cam f-body LS1, not too bad... and that c5z06 dont run very well for what it has

Well if you're willing to meet up 1/2 way I'm sure the Z would like to see what your Z can do on motor.

AWDLS2

Established Member
My car doing good just waiting for next month to come already so I can test it out at shift sector

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

I'm not a huge LS follower or what not.. BUT I've seen quite a few videos on here, and youtube, and bayarea cars.. I have yet to see a LS1 do what his does on a stock shortblock. I would def say his car is above average in the LS1's I've seen, or his car just runs properly and the other are the suck.. One of the two lol.. But like I said it's not like I've seen thousands of cars run :beer:

DSS

Established Member
I'm not a huge LS follower or what not.. BUT I've seen quite a few videos on here, and youtube, and bayarea cars.. I have yet to see a LS1 do what his does on a stock shortblock. I would def say his car is above average in the LS1's I've seen, or his car just runs properly and the other are the suck.. One of the two lol.. But like I said it's not like I've seen thousands of cars run :beer:

i dont want to get into ricer calculator, but a decent heads/cam/intake/bolt ons setup on a f-body, should be atleast on par with stock c6z06, and thats average considering what a stock c6z06 can do, maybe i seen more or you seen less, doesn't matter really. alot of shitty running cars from all platform

is your built done yet? im itching to get wreckless again and gamble lol after took few

My car doing good just waiting for next month to come already so I can test it out at shift sector

let me know incase you want to do some testing before then, and make $100 while your at it :beer:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member

Show me a car with a set up like mine that has performed equal or better. I've actually been looking for a few years. I've even searched ls1tech and its hard for me to find a comparable car

BayareaSS

Established Member
I agree with you
i dont want to get into ricer calculator, but a decent heads/cam/intake/bolt ons setup on a f-body, should be atleast on par with stock c6z06, and thats average considering what a stock c6z06 can do, maybe i seen more or you seen less, doesn't matter really. alot of shitty running cars from all platform

is your built done yet? im itching to get wreckless again and gamble lol after took few

I've actually ran more then one c6z from a roll and had similar results in both cases. And I know my c6z would have a hard time out running my ss when it was stock. And with only 3 track passes I ran a respectable time in my c6z when it was bone stock so I know how fast those cars are.

AWDLS2

Established Member
let me know incase you want to do some testing before then, and make $100 while your at it :beer:
I'll pass, u should come out to shift sector next time plenty of people there to race and a lot of sick cars

DSS

Established Member
I'll pass, u should come out to shift sector next time plenty of people there to race and a lot of sick cars

i might tag along with my brother in law with his 960whp GTR, but if i do race out there it will be on the motor only, not a fan of spraying on 5th gear, 1/2 mile is real long pull, playing on the street is much more entertaining

Show me a car with a set up like mine that has performed equal or better. I've actually been looking for a few years. I've even searched ls1tech and its hard for me to find a comparable car

I agree with you
I've actually ran more then one c6z from a roll and had similar results in both cases. And I know my c6z would have a hard time out running my ss when it was stock. And with only 3 track passes I ran a respectable time in my c6z when it was bone stock so I know how fast those cars are.

:lol: haha wtf are you serious? so your saying your the only one with H/C/I LS1 f-body capable of keeping up with a stock c6z06? did i read that right? if so, im just gonna stop it right here and not go further

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
i might tag along with my brother in law with his 960whp GTR, but if i do race out there it will be on the motor only, not a fan of spraying on 5th gear, well see how it goes, playing on the street is much more entertaining

:lol: haha wtf are you serious? so your saying your the only one with H/C/I LS1 f-body capable of keeping up with a stock c6z06? did i read that right? if so, im just gonna stop it right here and not go further

That's not what I said. I said find a car the performs similar or better. For me 1/4 mile times is what shows that. So show a time slip/vid of said car that runs better at the track since roll racing means nothing to me

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I think bay area se's car was built by the same guy that built that ron fellows intake only c6z06 that use to hurt a lot of feelings around here.

DSS

Established Member
Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
way too easy :beer:

Car won't be done until summer time in and about.. I'm done street racing like I told you via txt though lol.. To much to risk with little gain.. They're looking for every reason possible to kick people out of the military.. I will be going to shift sector here and there though :beer:

LS1rob

Established Member
Good runs guys. I'd like to see the video from the other angle as well.

And anyone saying Marlon's SS is just average for the mods is either butthurt/ignorant lol. I haven't seen one car with the same mods in the Bay Area or Sac run 10's with H/C.

Users who are viewing this thread