C5 ZO6 vs LS1 SS

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
the damn ninja edit wasnt fast enough

i posted those so i dont have to write down my terms, but now i am willing to meet haft way, but i live in Hollister Ca now so haft way point would prolly be milpitas/north SanJose

traveling cost money, gas cost money, time is money. so i think $150 is enough to make it worth, i already know whats going to happen
408 876 9707 let me know
So he has to pay you $150 to run you? :dw: So are you cam only not including the 250shot?

Last edited:

DSS

Established Member
$150 each side, pot $300 or if you guys want to go more its no problem, take your time and read carefully, read post #57

my z06 has " 1 " cam only ;-)

bring that SS on the video as well with his biggest shot, you guys can make a good chunk of money out of me :pop:

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
**** man you guys are local, i want to join in on the fun. No point in wasting gas on me though my stock 5.0 will destroy both of your cars. :lol1:

A friendly race would be cool to watch. Set it up DSS, and bring the guy that has the youtube channel Bay Area Racing (if you guys are affiliated).

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
$150 each side, pot $300 or if you guys want to go more its no problem, take your time and read carefully, read post #57

my z06 has " 1 " cam only ;-)

bring that SS on the video as well with his biggest shot, you guys can make a good chunk of money out of me :pop:
No, the ZO6 doesn't run for $ and I don't think BayAreaSS does either.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I never would have raced for money back in the day. But in this case I think 150 is not bad and should make for some fun runs.

DSS

Established Member
I never would have raced for money back in the day. But in this case I think 150 is not bad and should make for some fun runs.

its justified considering the tension and traveling (total 2 hours driving for me back and fourth), yea its should be fun and 150 will make it more worth

I agree X2

i agree X3

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
DSS, the vids you posted up are of F-body's that weigh 2800-2900lbs. BayAreaSS said he took out approximately 150lbs of weight which does not equal said weight.

While I'm not agreeing with DSS lol....it doesn't seem odd to you that a 3100lb Z06 (and that's stock..yank spare and a few other odds and ends and 3050lb isn't insane) with 460rwhp gets walked fairly hard at the end by a 430rwhp less aero dynamic 3300-3400 Fbody? Watch the end...that camaro wasn't just mildly creaping...it had a few mph on that Z06.

Was the Fbody driver only? 350lb camera man in Z06?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Folks get too hung up on dyno numbers! it's FAR from a perfect science with a vast amount of variables. It's no secret that LS1 cars can be made to run with C5Z's, though I don't have a dog in BayareaSS or DSS fight. With the exception of the fact that comparing a purpose built track car on a massive diet, against a Modded DD car with a few minor weight reduction items. Is a little looney.

Roll racing has become so flavor of the month and while I can appreciate these guys that wanna do 60-170+ rolls. It gets old when you never see these guys attempt to go from a dig. 1k WHP cars running high 10's with 150+ traps etc.

I would have to agree that in this area you don't see LS1's cranking out high 10's with a manual and actually be able to hook it. I think the car is impressive, and it's NOT a 5th gen which makes it about 10x more awesome.

Good race.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
While I'm not agreeing with DSS lol....it doesn't seem odd to you that a 3100lb Z06 (and that's stock..yank spare and a few other odds and ends and 3050lb isn't insane) with 460rwhp gets walked fairly hard at the end by a 430rwhp less aero dynamic 3300-3400 Fbody? Watch the end...that camaro wasn't just mildly creaping...it had a few mph on that Z06.

Was the Fbody driver only? 350lb camera man in Z06?

Here is what i think. The ZO was prob weighting in at 3,500 lbs with passenger. The marofish was probably right at 3,600-3,650 lbs with passenger.

You cant EVER, ever, ever, ever, pay attention to dyno numbers posted up. That shit varies greatly. Some people down play them and some blow them up. I used to personally embarrass guys that used to spit out sick dyno numbers but then when they got beat up on they used to scratch their head and call my car a "freak". It was no freak, it ran how it should. There are way too many variables to EVER go by dyno numbers posted.

I bet you that both cars were very very close in power. I think that the main deciding factor on this race was the camofishes 4.10s. Even though at the end his car pulls good, he was only able to edge out the ZO by barely half a car. Notice how he ran out of juice and hit the rev limiter? They probably only raced till 125 which would be the camaro's run and the owner most definitely knows his shit.

I think the maro runs like it should.

***EDIT*** just noticed second video, bump the weight of the maro to 3600-3650 lbs or so.

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Here is what i think. The ZO was prob weighting in at 3,500 lbs with passengers. The marofish was probably right at 3,450-3,550 lbs with passenger.

You cant EVER, ever, ever, ever, pay attention to dyno numbers posted up. That shit varies greatly. Some people down play them and some blow them up. I used to personally embarrass guys that used to spit out sick dyno numbers but then when they got beat up on they used to scratch their head and call my car a "freak". It was no freak, it ran how it should. There are way too many variables to EVER go by dyno numbers posted.

I bet you that both cars were very very close in power. I think that the main deciding factor on this race was the camofishes 4.10s. Even though at the end his car pulls good, he was only able to edge out the ZO by barely half a car. Notice how he ran out of juice and hit the rev limiter? They probably only raced till 125 which would be the camaro's run and the owner most definitely knows his shit.

I think the maro runs like it should.

A stock z06s curb weight is 3100. And I agree that dyno s don't tell the whole story. Just seems a little unusual.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
its justified considering the tension and traveling (total 2 hours driving for me back and fourth), yea its should be fun and 150 will make it more worth
I don't think they'd run for $, but there's plenty of cars out there for you to run for $. I mean, the way you talk it seems that your car is making big HP so there's always a rematch with 1raresnake. Maybe, FastGM crew or Southbay Hitmen.

Here's a vid from the other car...

Camaro SS H/C/I vs C5Z H/C - YouTube
Thanks for the other view Rigo.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A stock z06s curb weight is 3100. And I agree that dyno s don't tell the whole story. Just seems a little unusual.

Well, more like 3150-3175lbs depending on options. Camaro's can be in the mid 3400s depending on options, subtract whatever weight the SS guy took out and boom, both cars are going to be at somewhat close weights, with likely similar power on that race.

I think the race looked good to me. :shrug:

Last edited:

QuickC5Z

Established Member
Get the C5Z retuned and see how it runs. It probably has a crappy tune. Lots of hacks trying to be tuners. The tuner probably tuned it like crap and turned up the happy meter on the dyno to make it look like he did a great job. Also, gears help TREMENDOUSLY for cammed C5Zs. The higher revs stretch the gears out farther down the track, so you go into fourth later down the track, which hinders some mph, because of how far apart 3rd and fourth gear are . You get a big drop in RPM and now you're shifting into fourth closer to the finish line.

What kinda of heads, cam intake(if it has one) does the C5Z have? Care to share the setup?

BTW..when racing for money, never trust the mod list the guy you're racing tells you.

Users who are viewing this thread