C5 ZO6 vs LS1 SS

QuickC5Z

Established Member
The SS has a slight gear advantage(with it's 4.10s) in the first 3 gears. But in 4th, since both are 1:1 the Camaro's advantage grows larger. But the C5Z should easily overcome the gearing advantage with it's weight and power advantages. Which leads me to believe the C5Z would probably make less than the Camaro on the same dyno.
460+ rwhp C5Zs should trap high 120s in average DA.
As for pulling on C6Zs, I only make 430 rwhp and have raced two C6Zs and pulled on them both. I know one of them was for sure a terrible driver..his shifts were slow, and that's when he didn't miss a gear. But, when he was in gear and punched it, I would pull on him.
This Camaro runs well, the C5Z...not so much.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I think bay area se's car was built by the same guy that built that ron fellows intake only c6z06 that use to hurt a lot of feelings around here.
I wish it was. It would really make some people butthurt haha

Texas Speed & Performance LS1 Heads/Cam Stock Bottom-End National 1/4 Mile Record - YouTube

this guy likes to brag on ls1tech street racing section
LS1TECH - View Profile: HioSSilver

oh cam only
Sick Speed Performance Cam Only LS1 - YouTube

not to trap speed race, but its a good base indication of power

a waste of 2 minutes on this pointless search

You didn't do a good job. Neither of those race cars are similar to my car. And HioSSilver's car is def not like my car. It is holesawed and weighs 2900lbs with a face plated transmission and is still stuck in the 11s. So you went 0/3. There's no point in going back and forth with you about this. I don't have anything to prove. You just don't like me and it shows because you are the only person in this thread that thinks the car runs "decent" or average" and that's your opinion and I'm fine with that. As long as my time slip looks good that's all that matters

DSS

Established Member
Car won't be done until summer time in and about.. I'm done street racing like I told you via txt though lol.. To much to risk with little gain.. They're looking for every reason possible to kick people out of the military.. I will be going to shift sector here and there though :beer:

yea i think i remember lol its worth a shot, but that sucks tho, less people down to play on street, good luck on shift sector tho and your build

I wish it was. It would really make some people butthurt haha

You didn't do a good job. Neither of those race cars are similar to my car. And HioSSilver's car is def not like my car. It is holesawed and weighs 2900lbs with a face plated transmission and is still stuck in the 11s. So you went 0/3. There's no point in going back and forth with you about this. I don't have anything to prove. You just don't like me and it shows because you are the only person in this thread that thinks the car runs "decent" or average" and that's your opinion and I'm fine with that. As long as my time slip looks good that's all that matters

these are just the few people that care to post their achievement on the forum

heres the list of " BOLT ONs ONLY(STOCK LONG BLOCK) "
http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-ls1-ls6-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html

heres more of fastest list of stock bottom end LS1/LS6
http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1095999-fastest-list.html

i dont get it, non of these are similar to yours mods? wtf
a h/c/i with weight reduction f-body ran 9.82 @ 135mph
a cam only car and bolt on ran 10.82 @ 125mph
hio ran 11.0 but trapped 131mph

it took me 2 minutes to search that because i used a old ass compaq computer that is 12 years old at work

like i said decent average car, have your friend post this on Street Racing & Kill Stories - LS1TECH or here Generation III Internal Engine - LS1TECH and then you make the same claims like you have done here, and lets see

so all of a sudden a technical discussion turns into a personal attack? thats pretty sad......i dont like you? negro please i dont even notice you, i was merely posting here for technical discussion, I spoke the truth and not part of your circle club, carry on

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
yea i think i remember lol its worth a shot, but that sucks tho, less people down to play on street, good luck on shift sector tho and your build

a h/c/i with weight reduction f-body ran 9.82 @ 135mph
a cam only car and bolt on ran 10.82 @ 125mph
hio ran 11.0 but trapped 131mph

it took me 2 minutes to search that because i used a old ass compaq computer that is 12 years old at work

like i said decent average car, have your friend post this on Street Racing & Kill Stories - LS1TECH or here Generation III Internal Engine - LS1TECH and then you make the same claims like you have done here, and lets see

so all of a sudden a technical discussion turns into a personal attack? thats pretty sad......i dont like you? negro please i dont even notice you, i was merely posting here for technical discussion, I spoke the truth and not part of your circle club, carry on
So my car is comparable to the Texas speed car? Depending on how you answer this will determine if I keep up this stupid convo with you

DSS

Established Member
is it not? its h/c/i stock bottom end and it has weigth reduction like yours?

edit you caught my post before i could revise it

so here

http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-ls1-ls6-stock-internals-list-11-74-bump.html

http://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/1095999-fastest-list.html

look at that ****ing bolt on only list, and hold your shit close to your chest

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
is it not? its h/c/i stock bottom end and it has weigth reduction like yours?

edit you caught my post before i could revise it

so here

Quickest LS1 / LS6 STOCK INTERNALS List - 11.74 bump! - LS1TECH

The "Fastest" List - LS1TECH

look at that ****ing bolt on only list, and hold your shit close to your chest
Lets try this one last time. My car is a 6 SPEED and all those fast cars are autos that weigh 2700-3000 with the drivers. So is that a comparison to my car or does
weight and transmission not matter? lol

How about this.... Show me some local cars since my car is so average there has to be more like it in the area

DSS

Established Member
hahha **** this kid is funny,

dont you have weight reduction also?

now its regional? now its about transmission? wtf is this a ****ing joke, and whats with all these stupid search parameters your asking i aint google or yahoo, trap speed shows a good indication of power, and your car is average thats a fact,

you say roll dont mean shit to you but you go out roll racing and then brag about keeping up with a stock c6 z06 from a roll, just proves your average power h/c/i f-body

Last edited:

Baysixx

Established Member
hahha **** this kid is funny,

dont you have weight reduction also?

now its regional? now its about transmission? wtf is this a ****ing joke, and whats with all these stupid search parameters your asking i aint google or yahoo, trap speed shows a good indication of power, and your car is average in thats a fact,

you say roll dont mean shit to you but you go out roll racing and then brag about keeping up with a stock c6 z06 from a roll, just proves your average power h/c/i f-body

You're dumb :dw:
Stop being butthurt and comparing race cars to a street car. Just admit he has a car that runs strong as hell.

BayareaSS

Established Member
You're dumb :dw:
Stop being butthurt and comparing race cars to a street car. Just admit he has a car that runs strong as hell.

He doesn't get the whole street car- race car thing.

And I've probably roll raced about 3 times in 2 years and that's because that's what people like to do. I don't mind roll racing but its all about 1/4 mile times for me. You can't show me a local car like mine. There is big difference betwwen 800lbs weight reduction and 150lbs. If you knew about racing then that wouldn't be hard to understand

DSS

Established Member
didnt realized how big the fan club was

He doesn't get the whole street car- race car thing.

And I've probably roll raced about 3 times in 2 years and that's because that's what people like to do. I don't mind roll racing but its all about 1/4 mile times for me. You can't show me a local car like mine. There is big difference betwwen 800lbs weight reduction and 150lbs. If you knew about racing then that wouldn't be hard to understand

you fail to see those list, you asked me to show you a car similar mods to yours and i did, you have weight reduction they do too, look at that bolt on only list, I dont even know or care what your time slip says, but you keeping up with a stock c6 z06 shows your power, you complain about being a 6 speed car, but if you had a 3 speed or a 4 speed auto would that have played a big part on the outcome of the 50mph roll race you did with a stock c6 z06? no shit it would, you would have prolly lost by a few car lengths

trap speed is not the end of all things, but its a damn good based for power indication, with that said your car is average not hating just speaking the truth

okay i know nothing about racing? lets keep this a technical discussion

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
LOL! DSS, you seem to run your mouth a lot. If the SS is average great! Ignore the thread & move on

Last edited:

DSS

Established Member
the kid loves bragging about having a special LS1 F-body, when its only on par with stock c6 z06 (average performance) its pretty funny

not hating just speaking the truth

and i would like to run my car alot too,

Last edited:

Baysixx

Established Member
the kid loves bragging about having a special LS1 F-body, when its only on par with stock c6 z06 (average performance) its pretty funny

not hating just speaking the truth

and i would like to run my car alot too,

He owns a C6Z and the ss has faster slips than the Z does when it was stock. If you don't think high tens at mid 120's is quick for what his car has then show us the others that are that quick. A street car with minimal weight reduction and a 6 speed. Not a race car. If you read he's not the one that brags about his car its everyone else that's saying his car is quick. Hater...

DSS

Established Member
exactly my point mid 120s trap speed,

i dont give a **** what he owns, i dont care what ET he runs all that says is he figured out how to hook well and pilot his car, but trap speed dont lie kid, a h/c/i bolt ons f-body trapping mid 120s is nothing but average power.. plain and simple

you should re read his post
but okay im a hater if that makes you all happy HAHAHA, but fact is fact that f-body is average

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
DSS, the vids you posted up are of F-body's that weigh 2800-2900lbs. BayAreaSS said he took out approximately 150lbs of weight which does not equal said weight. You said his car runs like an average H/C/I LS1 F-body, BUT have you found one here in the Bay Area WITH similar mods that run the same, similar, OR better times? You may not be talking "sh*t", but you are coming off as if to bash his car etc.

Just curious, but what does your Z run on motor not the OMG 250 shot? You're cam only correct? I only ask because you said you wouldn't waste your time to meet. The ZO6 won't mind meeting you in Hayward to run if you're down to play, on motor of course.

Last edited:

DSS

Established Member
DSS, the vids you posted up are of F-body's that weigh 2800-2900lbs. BayAreaSS said he took out approximately 150lbs of weight which does not equal said weight. You said his car runs like an average H/C/I LS1 F-body, BUT have you found one here in the Bay Area WITH similar mods that run the same, similar, OR better times? You may not be talking "sh*t", but you are coming off as if to bash his car etc. Just curious, but what does your Z run on motor not the OMG 250 shot. You're cam only correct? I only ask because you said you wouldn't waste your time to meet. The ZO6 won't mind meeting you in Hayward to run if you're down to play, on motor of course.

look at the damn fastest list and google " f-body curb weight ", im done discussing that topic, trap speed dont lie mid 120mph H/C/I f-body speaks for it self

-------

my z06 is slow and it would be just waste my time and gas, but if you want to keep pressing the subject, i am down if your camp is willing to put some small cash like atleast $150 motor vs motor, and i recently moved to hollister few months back,

50-150 or 65-160 pick one

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...yarea-600whp-850whp-mustangs-look-inside.html

anyone from norcal (bayarea) with 600whp to 850whp ( part 2 ) - LS1TECH

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member

DSS

Established Member
the damn ninja edit wasnt fast enough

i posted those so i dont have to write down my terms, but now i am willing to meet haft way, but i live in Hollister Ca now so haft way point would prolly be milpitas/north SanJose

traveling cost money, gas cost money, time is money. so i think $150 is enough to make it worth, i already know whats going to happen
408 876 9707 let me know

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread