Votes: 136 42.1%
  • 03/04 COBRA

Votes: 187 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
What a tough choice. I would take a long drive in the C5Z and see for yourself. I have sat in a few C5Z's and imagined this and that – just not my style. I have also raced a few.

It seems like you are leaning towards the C5Z if you are even posting this. A C6Z is another story altogether, but that's not the discussion now is it...

I l i k e and respect the Vettes and think they are sexy, but I l o v e to burn them down on the street more in my Ford. Granted, I have only raced 3 C5Zs and won all times, but they were probably stock. The mean sound of my car is always more appealing to me as well. I just don't like the way Vette's sound at all.

my perceptions:
the Terminator is more of a working, middle-class Guy's hot rod with a trunk and useful back seat and the Vette is a more like a middle-aged or retired, money Man's status symbol. The Vette will be more appealing to the ladies in general while the Terminator is a mystery Mustang monster to most, especially DSG!!! The Vette turns girls' heads, while the Terminator impresses gear heads. However, I have heard a few married and divorced women of Vette owners say very ugly things about Vette owners... lol. Not going to get into that though. Aside from this forum, most of the Vette guys I have spoken to think nada about my car while I show enthusiasm about their car. This always pisses me off. The Vette is more sexy to most all of the public and the Terminator has more balls. The Vette interior seems to have a better overall design, fit and finish and is more refined while the Terminator seems to need more attention to solve rattles and irritating poor interior design issues. I am sure parts and upgrades are way more expensive on Vettes, while Fords stuff is affordable to maintain.

I like to mod my cars. I need a back seat. I love ballz out Cobra power.
I am a Terminator Guy.

Black03Mach

Smoked Tail Lights
Established Member
Unless its a C6 Z06, get the Terminator. Much better looking car in my opinion. But yeah I think you try to take both for a drive. I think the Z06 seats really sucked with zero support.
BTW for the guys who say the Z06 gets more looks from girls.. who cares? If you need a car to pick up a chick, your pathetic.
It's more about a stroking the ego thing rather than getting laid. In my old mach1 i got maybe two thumbs up from mustang fans, but in the vette its everybody and their mother always commenting. Anyways my choice was clear because i wanted a car that handles rather than going down the 1320

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Unless your going to a C6 Z06 id go with a 2008+ C6 Vette over a 2003 Cobra. 1 LS3 Vettes "2008-up" are faster than a C5 Z06, have better brakes & the suspension is light years ahead of the C5's it replaced. 2 there sexier and don't have pop up head lights. 3 2003 Cobras are freakin cool and all but there more common that a Z06 Vette. 4 Cobars have potential out of this world but C6 Vettes are the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
you can get a pully,tune,cai,and drag radials and have 450 to the ground for maybe 800 bucks and skull drag that c5 z! they have 800rwhp 03-04 cobras with the stock long block try that with ur c5z. i love booth cars and have driven both cars. its all about what u want, and what u plan to do with the car. its hard to beat the terminators value and performance. the cobra has far more to offer than just a backseat

True but your 450-460 rwhp well get dog walked by a bone stock C6 Z06. a C6 Z06 on drag radials only can run high 10's. They can handle plenty of forced induction and run almost into the 9's with 3 mods "tune, spray & slicks" maybe $3-4k in mods, they are a monster.

Last edited:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
The only Z06 I would get rid of my Cobra for is a C6.

BTW: Why is this in Pics and Videos? :??:

Agreed.

Honestly, if your this stuck with making a decision. You need to drive a C5 Z since you said you already had a Terminator and go from there. Everyone is going to be different. You should just get in both and go from there.

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
IMO the only reason to get a Cobra over a C5 Z06 is because you need the back seat.

If I didn't need the backseat I would've bought the Z06 in a heart beat.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
you can get a pully,tune,cai,and drag radials and have 450 to the ground for maybe 800 bucks and skull drag that c5 z! they have 800rwhp 03-04 cobras with the stock long block try that with ur c5z. i love booth cars and have driven both cars. its all about what u want, and what u plan to do with the car. its hard to beat the terminators value and performance. the cobra has far more to offer than just a backseat

Using your rationale, take that $800.00 and spend it on sticky tires and a nitrous system for the C5z and "skull drag" the modified terminator.

It doesn't make any sense to compare modified vs stock. Once you do that it just comes down to who has more $$$, not which car you drive.

RcodeStang

Established Member
Using your rationale, take that $800.00 and spend it on sticky tires and a nitrous system for the C5z and "skull drag" the modified terminator.

It doesn't make any sense to compare modified vs stock. Once you do that it just comes down to who has more $$$, not which car you drive.

Where the hell do you get a pulley, tune, cai, AND drag radials for 800 dollars?

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I drove both, and in the end the Cobra won my heart. Looks more intimidating, lots of room for power, and down here there really isn't a need for turning and cornering.

People love both cars if that is what you are after. I turn heads, get complements, and have had several people offer to buy my car from me.

Can't really go wrong with either though!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Ease of mod response, cobra wins. Looks, personal prefference. I like both cars, I do like the thought of all motor power vs forced induction with the constant burden of heat related issues affecting power. I would probably get a newer C6 ls3 if I was going to get a car somewhere close to the cobra price range, the higher price is justified with it being half a decade newer, and proven to be a performer! C6 Z06 would probably be my choice though if I were to ever step into something other than a Ford for my performance fix. Vipers are still to expensive and shop support for modding them isn't relative in my area, which is something I consider since I break my stuff alot.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I love both cars, and had this same debate before I bought my 03 cobra. Both cars i feel will be classics one day of this decade and are the best "investments" for the cars of this time. The other cobras are great and I love them but they aren't as limited as the Terminators and don't hold the same street respect to the non-mustang community, due to their stock setup. Likewise the c5 z06 was the first of the z's and handles better than the cobra with stock suspension,

For the love of a god, do not be one of those people who buys a corvette because you think it will get you more ass. And even so... the cobra guy is gunna be the one with the backseat for after your bars or stripclub ;)
By the car for the performance you want, not for the Ass you expect it to bring you.

I love when people compare the mach 1's with the cobras like they are the exact same car minus the supercharger...... If that was the case I would have saved myself a shitload of money and just bought a FI kit for a mach1 and had cash leftover.

Furthermore on the handling aspects, I've seen plenty of cobras around Road courses (YES! courses with turns other than the turnaround at the end of the dragstrip) passing c5z06's.... and vice versa. Never in Mustang/Corvette History have the 2 cars been so close in performance.

C6Z > 03/04 cobra > C5Z IMO though.

I mean come on a corvette z for its price tag, should be able to always beat a Rustang!:lol1:

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
True but your 450-460 rwhp well get dog walked by a bone stock C6 Z06. a C6 Z06 on drag radials only can run high 10's. They can handle plenty of forced induction and run almost into the 9's with 3 mods "tune, spray & slicks" maybe $3-4k in mods, they are a monster.

would be a diffrent story if it was a c6z id choose a c6 also but between a c5z and an 03-04 cobra im going with a cobra! slap a whipple on that cobra and its enuf to run mid to low 10s think some have hit 9s with a solid rear ect ect. i havent seen many s/c ls7s thought the cylender walls were too thin for boost?

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
relax he's probably kidding...and what do you expect on a Ford site? Besides, I could care less if everyone in the Corvette forums say Cobras are garbage (which I'm sure many did already).

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
relax he's probably kidding...and what do you expect on a Ford site? Besides, I could care less if everyone in the Corvette forums say Cobras are garbage (which I'm sure many did already).

Actually, pretty much everyone has stated he needs to drive both and decide for himself. None of the vette guys have bashed any mustangs. Probably because most of us had a mustang or two prior the the vette. Which, consequently is probably the reason we're all here anyway.

Kidding or not, this is a good community, and why we have a diverse collection of cars here. Asking somebody to leave simply because they have a different view, isn't very inclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread