Votes: 136 42.1%
  • 03/04 COBRA

Votes: 187 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
To me they are both great musclecars.I actually like the C5 body style alot better
than the C6...but that's just me.I see C6's everywhere but,go "nuts" when I see a
FRC,or C5Z.

I'm not crazy about the "go-kart" seating on the C5Z because I've almost always had
trucks and like sitting higher but,I guess I could get used to it.I kinda like the extra
space the Cobra has with the extra seats just in case....

Goodluck with your pick...I would have to think about it myself for awhile before
making a choice.I really like both cars equally but,differently lol if that makes sense?

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
go for the z. ive got and 03 z with boltons and love it.

Hmm...Is this Pat...last name start's with a K? If so you should know who this is..lol.

Also to the people who say the vette turns more heads...I'm willing to bet on that. My car seems to get alot of attention, even next to C5Z's.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Neither car really turns heads..:-D There are 3 C5s just ON MY STREET, and countless Mustangs. They both look common to everyday people and attract only a certain amount of attention.

I guess it also depends on where you live, I live in upper-middle class suburbia, when you turn 20 you buy a Mustang, when you turn 40 you buy a Vette. :banana:

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Neither car really turns heads..:-D There are 3 C5s just ON MY STREET, and countless Mustangs. They both look common to everyday people and attract only a certain amount of attention.

I guess it also depends on where you live, I live in upper-middle class suburbia, when you turn 20 you buy a Mustang, when you turn 40 you buy a Vette. :banana:

Yah...I live an either upstate NY where not to many vettes or Cobra's are around, and when I go home on leave in Ofallen MO, which MO actually has a pretty good amount of badass cars.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I thought insurance on the vette would be higher being that it's a two seater. That's one of the reasons why I have to wait 6 months. In 6 months an accident clears off my record.

i was looking at vettes myself. a C5 Z06 was $600 a year less than my 03 vert :kaboom:

I bought my Cobra brand new and have never driven a Z06 but I voted for the vette. As much as I love the Cobra, I'm seriously looking at the Z06 in addition to. The Cobra, as much as I want her to be, is just not refined in any measure. She is the F4 of the muscle cars, big, heavy and powerful, but would never be confused with an F22 Raptor. It's all good and you really can't go wrong if you can swing either one. It looks like the prices are closer than they've ever been so that should be a boost.

the C5 vettes arent very refined either... not till the LS3s did the vettes start getting a lot nicer, although the LS2 C6 was quite a bit nicer than the C5s period.

neither! get an 08 LS3 vette for low 30's, more superior car than the c5, and they love mods!

hell yeah! even an LS2 C6! id take one over a C5 Z06. sure, the Z06 has better track set up and looks great and is more "exclusive" but the C6s are much better built and imo, are better overall. same power too.

It's more about a stroking the ego thing rather than getting laid. In my old mach1 i got maybe two thumbs up from mustang fans, but in the vette its everybody and their mother always commenting. Anyways my choice was clear because i wanted a car that handles rather than going down the 1320

i get the same thing when i drive my cobra. :coolman:

and agreed, the vette is an ego stroker unless you actually plan to drive the hell out of the car, which some vette owners actually do. most are posers though who just want to impress others :read:

You know when the cobra is barley beating the z06 on a mustang forum, that the z06 is the better car

lol. good point.

if you plan to mod the hell out of the car, and are on a budget, the cobra will do better. if you plan to leave it mostly stock, the Z06 comes better equipped, but then it just comes down to what you want. you need to drive both to really see. the cobra OWNS from a dig and through the gears; in the sense that it just feels awesome! you've already owned one, so you know.. the vette OWNS at high speed and in handling, but thats if you are going to drive the hell out of it. its not like the cobra sucks at 6/10ths. unless youre going to track the car or take it through the twisties whenever you can, the handling wont really matter.

ive driven both. loved the way the vette feels at high speed. also feels much more planted, at high speeds and through turns. but the cobra seems to put more of a smile on my face. the raw feel, the way it looks, the exclusivity. plenty of women ive met KNOW what a cobra is. they dont know what a blower is, or IRS, 6 speed, blah blah blah they just know its the baddest of the bad of the mustangs! most women have no idea what a Z06 is :shrug: ive had women tell me they think that vettes are girl looking old man cars and mustangs in general, especially cobras, are mean looking muscle cars. its like comparing a harley bike to a hayabusa. some women love the street bikes, and many, many get all hot and creamy over the mean sounding, tough looking harleys.

but dont worry about what women or other people think when youre about to blow $20k+!

personally, im not very impressed when i see a vette unless it has a blower or serious work done to it. theyre a dime a dozen in CA. but a cobra always catches my eye when i see one driving down the street.

one day, if i can afford too, ill own both. :rockon:

oh, and if you just want to get laid, buy a viper or a 911 :thumbsup:

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
You know when the cobra is barley beating the z06 on a mustang forum, that the z06 is the better car

an interesting point but...

this "mustang forum", has shitloads of GM people that even admit they like this atmosphere better than say LS1tech. I think thats awesome because then we get IMO the GM guys that mix well with us and have good debates where both parties learn a thing or two. Not the Forum wars where its "ANYTHING GM SUCKS" here.... or ANYTHING FORD SUCKS there. Take a look at most of the threads and the users sigs....a very large amount of them currently drive GM's if not did in their history. Lots of Vette/camaro/trans am owners that voted in that, not just the mustang faithful.

burnzilla

Established Member
an interesting point but...

this "mustang forum", has shitloads of GM people that even admit they like this atmosphere better than say LS1tech. I think thats awesome because then we get IMO the GM guys that mix well with us and have good debates where both parties learn a thing or two. Not the Forum wars where its "ANYTHING GM SUCKS" here.... or ANYTHING FORD SUCKS there. Take a look at most of the threads and the users sigs....a very large amount of them currently drive GM's if not did in their history. Lots of Vette/camaro/trans am owners that voted in that, not just the mustang faithful.

Thats because LS1 tech is full of brand leg-humpers, just like any other car forum. It's the power abusing mods that really make that place stand out.

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
C5Z06> Cobra

Owned both

+2... I had an 03 Kenne Bell Cobra and I currently have an 03 Z06... I enjoyed the Cobra and i'm really enjoying the Z06.. My major complaint with the Vette is how much the mods and such cost... NOTHING is cheap for a Vette compared to a Mustang... I think your choice should be based on what your plans for the car are as many have said.. The quality and handling of the vette is far better than the Cobra IMO.. each have their pro's and con's I guess like anything but both are awesome cars.

Good Luck !

03cobrarocks

Established Member
weekend car I say cobra, especially if you track it... who wants to be buying transmissions, clutches, performance parts for vettes that are the same quality for like 2 to 3 times the price! If you are made of money than no big deal... I know im not

Also I like the less (quantity) attention I get from having a cobra and more (quality) attention I get. I dont need any girls or old guys that dont know anything to say hey man nice cobra.... In my expereince only people that are performance enthusists ever talk to me about my car and its nice becuase they actually know stuff about cars.

Users who are viewing this thread