Votes: 136 42.1%
  • 03/04 COBRA

Votes: 187 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I bought my Cobra brand new and have never driven a Z06 but I voted for the vette. As much as I love the Cobra, I'm seriously looking at the Z06 in addition to. The Cobra, as much as I want her to be, is just not refined in any measure. She is the F4 of the muscle cars, big, heavy and powerful, but would never be confused with an F22 Raptor. It's all good and you really can't go wrong if you can swing either one. It looks like the prices are closer than they've ever been so that should be a boost.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Has this ever been covered? LOL. It is a hard choice. Both cars are great. To me the mustang is more usable, easier to get in and out of and looks better. Plus it is cheaper to mod and the blower whine is fun. But the Z06 handles better, and is a blast to drive??? I almost bought a Z06 after selling my 04 cobra vert. But after test driving a few, just really didnt like the feel of the car and hated the clutches in the cars. Either way both are fun cars.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
I would get the z06, thats what i plan on getting after my mach is gone. Girls get wet for vettes. Take for example, I was at a strip club after a huge car show, the stripper saw our wristbands and says "oh what do you drive?" I reply with Mach 1, she goes, "whats that?" Im like its a mustang, she goes to my buddy, what do you drive? "Corvette" As soon as he said that, you might as well have busted out the mops cause that stage got soaked

Slow99x

Established Member
I thought insurance on the vette would be higher being that it's a two seater. That's one of the reasons why I have to wait 6 months. In 6 months an accident clears off my record.
The insurance rates are based on the number of claims as well as the other features of the car. There have been many more claims on all levels of Mustangs and that plays into the rate. Vettes are their own model that mostly middle aged white men drive on a sunny day to impress their coworkers. They tend to garage keep them and not do anything stupid or risky to damage their midlife crisis toy. With that said, there aren't many claims that insurance companies pay out on. I think the Dodge Viper may have even lower rates than the Vettes.

1hot281

Established Member
Cobra... it's starting price was cheaper than the Z06, and there values are about the same now. Low mileage Cobra's are everywhere, and the limited production status will ensure it's value to a decent degree over time. If you got the cash, go for a super rare cobra, like a true 03-04 Roush Cobra...

venomws6

Established Member
C5 ZO6 for sure...

The only thing better in Cobra over C5 ZO6 is that you can reach close to 500rwhp with a couple of mods other than that C5 ZO6 is a better car in everything.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Hmm since you want a weekend warrior, I vote the Cobra. TS supporting mods and a good tune you got yourself a pretty bad$$$ weekend warrior for a pretty reasonable price. Not to mention the drivability is still like new until you get on the loud pedal.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
You see vettes every where. A cobra is a mustang to the average person. So it's a simple toss up. Get a viper !

If i had to chose, id get the vette with a good body and worn out engine. Then strait to the performance shop and build it to be a nasty n/a beast. Then go cobra hunting.

Last edited:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
It honestly depends on what your going to do with the car. If your going to want a highway roll race car, get a FRC vette and spray it. Sprayed vettes with the right gearing are very potent on the street. If you want a car to run at the drag tack get the cobra, and if you want to open track the car get a Z06.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
get the vette...like said b4 their panty droppers... a girl will look at a cobra and say nice mustang... correct her and shell look retarded... tell her you drive a vette...even if u say z06 or not shell be all over ur nuts... VETTE FTW...

I had one before i had my mustang... Parts were expensive...and the transmission is good but frikin retarded...

wma8706

Established Member
It says a lot for the 03/04 cobras. These cars were not suppose to be compared with each other. Top of the line Mustang vs Top of the line Corvette? The Zo6 is the better performance car straight from the the factory. The numbers speak for itself.... better power to weight ratio, chassis, aerodynamics, brakes, curb weight, handling, 1/4mile and top speed. The Cobra has back seats and similar if not better RWHP. That being said.... If you like to mod...... I'd get the cobra. Better bang for the buck. Parts are ridiculously expensive for the ZO6. The cobra can make much more power for far less money. The cobra will sound better with aftermarket exhaust. Wheels, tires, suspension, brakes, .... parts will always be far cheaper than the vette. Looks are subjective.... but in my opinion other than the C6 ZO6 the cobra is just meaner and more intimidating looking. Whatever you choose is a WIN! Both cars are very respected in the auto performance world.

fangstang

Established Member
I found this Z06 on craigslist and fell in love with it. I'm trying to figure out what size rims it has it sits perfect. Rims look bigger than other Z06'S that i have seen.

2001 CORVETTE Z06 *SPEEDWAY WHITE* 1 OF 352

Thats a great car. They only made white in 01, and very few of them at that. The rims look to be atleast 19's, could be wrong though. but they definitely look bigger them stock.

Stang925

Established Member
i would personally get a terminator than a C5 Z the only i would pick a vette would be the C6 ZO6. so i say get a 03/04 Snake.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Both card are capable of lots of power, so it come down to comfort. Have you had a chance to drive the vette yet?

I like the ZO6. If I were to ditch my Cobra for a C5 vette it would be the dark blue ZO6.

Users who are viewing this thread