Votes: 136 42.1%
  • 03/04 COBRA

Votes: 187 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Theres really only 1 Z06 that carries any weight in my eyes and thats the C6. I feel the C5s dont look as mean as an 03/04 Cobra. Vettes are all over the place but to see a Terminator in your rear view gets your undivided attention! Sure you can make them both fast but I'm a Cobra fan! What did you expect on SVTP.com anyway? lol :beer:

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
The insurance rates are based on the number of claims as well as the other features of the car. There have been many more claims on all levels of Mustangs and that plays into the rate. Vettes are their own model that mostly middle aged white men drive on a sunny day to impress their coworkers. They tend to garage keep them and not do anything stupid or risky to damage their midlife crisis toy. With that said, there aren't many claims that insurance companies pay out on. I think the Dodge Viper may have even lower rates than the Vettes.

This is good news to me... I plan on purchasing a Viper next :beer:

BTR

Established Member
funny how this question is asked on SVTperformance.

Your best bet is posting this question on a less biased forum. Although I will say that the opinions have been pretty fair thus far.

that being said here is why i'm leaning toward cobra..

1) I like to have the option to throw a 3rd person in the car at any given time.
2) I also dont have much green but still want a fast car.
3) I enjoy the blower whine.
4) Cobras can be had for less than a c5 Z06.

IACobra

Established Member
2 pages of very good opinions and advice--- i bet you've made up your mind now! ;-)

Life's too short- go buy one of them. If you don't like it, sell it and get the other.

Either way, get back into one of these and go out and have some fun!!!!!!!!

blacksnake305

Established Member
I need your opinion. I no longer have my cobra. So I'm hoping to get into my next car within 6 months from now. I need to get a house before I get an other car. The problem is I'm not sure what to get. I'm a Ford fan and all my other cars have been mustangs. Lately Vettes have been really growing on me. So my question is what would you get a c5 z06 or a 03/04 cobra? :shrug:

There is two ways to look at it and hence help w/ your decision:

Do you have kids? Do you want a musclecar or sportscar?

Good Luck

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Depends on what you want to do with it. If handling is your bag...then the Z06 is the car. C6 would be nice, but $$$$. A nice clean, C5 is still going to out handle a Terminator. May be hard to find a nice, low mileage C5 though. I think the Terminator wins hands down for street light to street light, boulevard cruising and strip (you can put an SRA in it) work. It's got more muscle car appeal for sure....and a back seat.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I almost voted Z06 until I saw that you were wanting the C5Z. If it were a C6Z I would have voted for it but I voted Cobra. To put it into perspective, a freind and I were cruising around town the other day (I have a Cobra and he has a C5 Z06) and I got compliments from three different people saying "bad ass car man" and "that is a sweet ride dude" and he got zero.

fangstang

Established Member
The C5Z06 is hands down a better car then the cobra. Its fast stock(nevermind modded), handles amazingly, stops on a dime. The only reason you should be having trouble deciding between the two is if you need the back seat room of the cobra for passengers. Thats it. Granted you can mod the cobra a little easier for more power, but so can the Z06. And, the power is off set by the weight difference and aerodynamics. The Z06 is about 400-500 lighter, if not more.
Dont get me wrong, I love cobras, I've owned one before the vettes, and would love to get another one(2010 GT500), but a fairer comparison would be between a SS camaro, WS6, and cobra. The vette is in another league.

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
everyone in my area is getting out of terminators and going to the darkside, the weight and potential of those cars is amazing. tough choice... if i had to do it over again i don't know what i would have chosen.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
everyone in my area is getting out of terminators and going to the darkside, the weight and potential of those cars is amazing. tough choice... if i had to do it over again i don't know what i would have chosen.

How many 'I've turned to the dark side' posts have thier been in pics & video's alone? What? Dozens? I don't remember anyone getting rid of thier c5z for a Cobra.

C5Z
Handling
Power
Weight
Brakes

Cobra
Backseat

What's the rule of thumb? For a Cobra & a C5Z to stay even together on the highway, the Cobra needs around 80-100 rwhp more than the Z to make it even.

Get the Vette. They go for about the same but the Vette is superior everywhere.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Unless its a C6 Z06, get the Terminator. Much better looking car in my opinion. But yeah I think you try to take both for a drive. I think the Z06 seats really sucked with zero support.
BTW for the guys who say the Z06 gets more looks from girls.. who cares? If you need a car to pick up a chick, your pathetic.

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
How many 'I've turned to the dark side' posts have thier been in pics & video's alone? What? Dozens? I don't remember anyone getting rid of thier c5z for a Cobra.

C5Z
Handling
Power
Weight
Brakes

Cobra
Backseat

What's the rule of thumb? For a Cobra & a C5Z to stay even together on the highway, the Cobra needs around 80-100 rwhp more than the Z to make it even.

Get the Vette. They go for about the same but the Vette is superior everywhere.

you can get a pully,tune,cai,and drag radials and have 450 to the ground for maybe 800 bucks and skull drag that c5 z! they have 800rwhp 03-04 cobras with the stock long block try that with ur c5z. i love booth cars and have driven both cars. its all about what u want, and what u plan to do with the car. its hard to beat the terminators value and performance. the cobra has far more to offer than just a backseat

Users who are viewing this thread