Bullitt stolen out of my garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
RDJ said:
In response to some of the posts later in the thread first. If my car got stolen and I could recover it in 24 hours I would want it back. Moreso the 95 than the 04 but i would want them back.

LoJack is not guarenteed and unfortunately it does not cover coast to coast. that is their goal but they are not there yet. I think they have had more sucesses that failures tho.

The way it works is that they put an inactive transmitter in your car. you don't know where they put it but it is wired in. when you report your car stolen you call lojak as well and they turn the transmitter on. The cops (assuming your police force has the receivers) can track the car via the receivers in their car. There are a couple of issues that can affect the sucess or failure of getting your car back.

1. Not having lojak checked ocassionally to be sure it is still hooked up. I had mine checked out and it turned out that at some point someone that worked on my car had found the power wire and, not knowing what it was, disconnected it. wouldn't have helped me at all had my car been stolen. LoJak recommends having one of their techs check your car anytime you have electrical or any major work done in order to be sure that the system is still functioning.

2. the cops where the car is stolen need to be part of the program. if they don't have the lojak equipment there is no chance unless the car is transported to an area that has it.

Bottom line Lojak is not fool proof but it is the best autotheft recovery system available at the moment. It buys you a little peace of mind.

Disclaimer - I am not an employee of lojak, have never been an employee of lojak and have no financial stake whatsoever in lojak. I think it is a good system plain and simple

Thanks for the good reply. I completely understand everything you talked about. I agree that LoJack is the best thing we have at this time. Looks like I will be calling them soon to see if my reciever is still working properly. If my 04 ever get stolen should I call LoJack first or the Police... ? :shrug: Just curious. :??:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
over on fuelslut.com one guy got close to catching him. i think he was in his company car, (with a scared as shit customer. LOL) or in his cab it was. this jackass is running around with no clue on how many people are looking for him...

startthesho

i want 12s
Established Member
that really sucks man. i had your car as a background for a long time. i hope you get it back from the douche that has it.

btw if you're in a mustang with less power than the car and start chasing him, you might as well quit when you hear him hit it. stay at a distance and keep an eye on him. and if you have time, wait for him to stop for something. just an idea.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
thats sooooo ghey there is nothing i hate more than thieves! i cant believe that fool is driving around i hope he gets whats coming to him!
good luck man

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
This has got to be the shittest thing i have seen this week............Wish i were down there to help look for him with you guys, Id catch the ****er

Shaneo0oMac

Established Member
I had my 91 stang with 38,000 orignial miles stolen on 4-22-07.

Sorry to bring the bad news but its stripped by now they will more then likely find the shell

or it could turn out good and they will dump the car in a alley way.

Dusten

Established Member
Shaneo0oMac said:
I had my 91 stang with 38,000 orignial miles stolen on 4-22-07.

Sorry to bring the bad news but its stripped by now they will more then likely find the shell

or it could turn out good and they will dump the car in a alley way.
i really dont think people like you read the whole thread. They have seen his car several times on the freeway, and police haven given chase

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
pretty crazy story, hope they get the bastard though.

Z7What