Jefe

Established Member
i got owned

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
RDJ said:
If there ever was an arguement for spending the money on LOJAK this is it. If the OP would have had LoJak he would have had his car back well before now. It is a little bit of an expensive layout at first but the peace of mind is well worth the money over time. I don't worry about either of my cars .. one phone call and the cops are on it with triangulation available.

Please explain what triangulation is. I have LoJack on my 04 but I still worry every minute of every day that it is stolen... :(

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Please explain what triangulation is. I have LoJack on my 04 but I still worry every minute of every day that it is stolen... :(
that wont help, a coworker just got his new truck stolen a month ago and it was never returned. Lowjack couldnt pick up a signal. professional car theives are pro's I guess

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
RDJ said:
If there ever was an arguement for spending the money on LOJAK this is it. If the OP would have had LoJak he would have had his car back well before now. It is a little bit of an expensive layout at first but the peace of mind is well worth the money over time. I don't worry about either of my cars .. one phone call and the cops are on it with triangulation available.

I had my Lightning stolen and I wouldnt want it back. Instead of LoJack, I prefer explosives. When the thieves get to a certain point the car explodes.

Jefe

Established Member
exactly. when they cross the border. kaboom...

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
I had my Lightning stolen and I wouldnt want it back. Instead of LoJack, I prefer explosives. When the thieves get to a certain point the car explodes.

If I had a daily driver I'd do that.

Lightmare

Banned
Looking forward to the post of his capture. That guy is gonna get busted at a store or gas station by a bad mother ****er looking for him.

Watch, someone is gonna grab him and pin his ass to the ground with a knee is his back waiting for the slow police to come make the arrest.

I can't wait for that post! :rockon:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Lightmare said:
Looking forward to the post of his capture. That guy is gonna get busted at a store or gas station by a bad mother ****er looking for him.

Watch, someone is gonna grab him and pin his ass to the ground with a knee is his back waiting for the slow police to come make the arrest.

I can't wait for that post! :rockon:
I doubt it dude. Ill bet its getting chopped or shipped overseas. If they dont recover them within 48 hours. its usually gone

Sapperstang

Established Member
03silversvt said:
I doubt it dude. Ill bet its getting chopped or shipped overseas. If they dont recover them within 48 hours. its usually gone

Have you not read the thread? The thing has been spotted driving around twice. Doesn't sound like a pro to me. What kind of pro drives the car around instead of stripping it down?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:

In response to some of the posts later in the thread first. If my car got stolen and I could recover it in 24 hours I would want it back. Moreso the 95 than the 04 but i would want them back.

LoJack is not guarenteed and unfortunately it does not cover coast to coast. that is their goal but they are not there yet. I think they have had more sucesses that failures tho.

The way it works is that they put an inactive transmitter in your car. you don't know where they put it but it is wired in. when you report your car stolen you call lojak as well and they turn the transmitter on. The cops (assuming your police force has the receivers) can track the car via the receivers in their car. There are a couple of issues that can affect the sucess or failure of getting your car back.

1. Not having lojak checked ocassionally to be sure it is still hooked up. I had mine checked out and it turned out that at some point someone that worked on my car had found the power wire and, not knowing what it was, disconnected it. wouldn't have helped me at all had my car been stolen. LoJak recommends having one of their techs check your car anytime you have electrical or any major work done in order to be sure that the system is still functioning.

2. the cops where the car is stolen need to be part of the program. if they don't have the lojak equipment there is no chance unless the car is transported to an area that has it.

Bottom line Lojak is not fool proof but it is the best autotheft recovery system available at the moment. It buys you a little peace of mind.

Disclaimer - I am not an employee of lojak, have never been an employee of lojak and have no financial stake whatsoever in lojak. I think it is a good system plain and simple

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Sapperstang said:
Have you not read the thread? The thing has been spotted driving around twice. Doesn't sound like a pro to me. What kind of pro drives the car around instead of stripping it down?
Oh, my bad dude. In that case i spotted it to, but over in my state. It was a lowered green mustang gt with bullits:dw:
Why did ford only make one in that color?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
03silversvt said:
Oh, my bad dude. In that case i spotted it to, but over in my state. It was a lowered green mustang gt with bullits:dw:
Why did ford only make one in that color?

except that the two times it has been spotted and chased they had the tag number of the car and it was the same ... maybe you should go read a bit more

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if its the same car (and it sounds like it is if it can keep with bikes) than it wont be long until its caught.

IMO if anyone can get close enough, and is 100% sure its the same car, ****ing pit maneuver his ass, get him loose and send him into the wall. IMO if anyone ever stole my car, and were driving it like they are his, i would want the same done for me. if im not driving it, aint nobody driving it, and i dont want anything left afterwards other than the ****tards brought to their knees begging for their life. if youre in a mustang and try to take chase, hes just gonna flee seeing every mustang now that sees him always tries to catch him (he probably doesnt know theres a thread on every mustang site about the car he thinks hes getting away with), so youre better off sneaking up, checking and making 100% sure its him, then take him down. if youre in a different car, follow his ass and get the cops after him, but make sure you try to get in contact with them and coordinate a moving roadblock and that they wont catch him if they use their standard tactics.

i hope everything works out for you man. id love to see these ****tards brought down.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
RDJ said:
except that the two times it has been spotted and chased they had the tag number of the car and it was the same ... maybe you should go read a bit more
:sleeping:
either way, whatever, id still sell it after its been beat the hell up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread