Build Thread: House Of Power Motorsports Project "Z Oh Sick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
thanks for the comments. Fortunately fo me I'm able to make decisions without asking you guys first lol I've already stated that this car won't be for everyone. I think the hood will look much much better once painted to match the car.

Subscribing - that's actually one of the few aftermarket hoods I like. Can't wait to see it color matched to the car.:rockon:

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
build looks ambitious and the before and after are pretty sick.

one question though: why would you add those door guard trim pieces to the exterior of the doors that 99% of people like to remove?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's builds like these that sway me into buying a C5Z. But one thing... the factory seats in those cars have to be the most garbage looking seats I've ever seen in a sports car. I'm sure the seats you have picked out are nice but I would suggest going with a set of Cobra Misanos or the newer leather Bride seats.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks like an awesome build project. Love your color choice - House of Kolor Tangelo Pearl. I've seen it before. Gorgeous color! Keep us posted Joe. :)

95 5OH

Established Member
imo...the rear flares doesn't flow with the lines of the car, maybe if the front was flared too...idk
Still looking forward to the build though...gl

1bad95

Established Member
Sub'd this is a awesome project! Can't wait to see the finished product! Haters hate out of jealousy. End product will be sick as always! Keep
Up the great work!

HouseOfPower

thanks everyone. I truly believe the ones questioning alot of particular aspects of the car will start to slowly have achange of heart as it comes together. Every detail of this car was given a trmendous amount of thought and consideration to ensure it flows. I PROMISE you that the end result will be widely admired. I PROMISE! Sometimes these things are difficult to picture until the final stages. Kind of like rehabbing a house

polock4life

Established Member
What a crazy ass build for a car that didn't need it! I'm in here to follow along, I like to see the various cars you get your hands on.

While I think the car should very much stay black, and you're pissing money away on the paint (and limiting your buyers), I think it will be cool to see when completed. The hood is going to limit you considering it's going to cost a lot to have a colormatched hood that looks good for the car. The hood looks like a redneck attempt at a home hood modification IMO.

Again i think it's cool you post up your builds here and take the comments for the most part... you get upset easier than most for posting on a public forum, but I appreciate you not tucking your tail and not sharing your vehicles. You are doing stuff w/ cars that 95% of us can only wish we had the time/ability to accomplish. I know you don't really care about people's opinions but that's what the forum is all about... so thanks for letting me share mine and following the build!

venomws6

Established Member
Looks like a great build man I'm subscribed for the update.. :rockon:

I agree with the guys about LS7 Clutch though I don't think it will hold the dyno tuning :D
Also the hood doesnt look that bad but I really love the MCM hood or ACP on C5..
Are you planning to run carbon fiber or painted?

HouseOfPower

What a crazy ass build for a car that didn't need it! I'm in here to follow along, I like to see the various cars you get your hands on.

While I think the car should very much stay black, and you're pissing money away on the paint (and limiting your buyers), I think it will be cool to see when completed. The hood is going to limit you considering it's going to cost a lot to have a colormatched hood that looks good for the car. The hood looks like a redneck attempt at a home hood modification IMO.

Again i think it's cool you post up your builds here and take the comments for the most part... you get upset easier than most for posting on a public forum, but I appreciate you not tucking your tail and not sharing your vehicles. You are doing stuff w/ cars that 95% of us can only wish we had the time/ability to accomplish. I know you don't really care about people's opinions but that's what the forum is all about... so thanks for letting me share mine and following the build!

Sir it's absolutely not about getting upset easily. Not at all. Being active duty for well over a decade I've learned to develop thick skin. It's quite simply about respect. Public forum or not there is a way to conduct yourself and get your point across without being unnecessarilly rude. Perhaps I hold myself to a higher standard but I don't go into a thread a cast stones because I dislike a particular aspect of a car. It's very easy to let your opinion be known without ignorance. I suppose the fact that I treat people with the same level of respect that I would expect to receive makes me soft.... Or perhaps it makes me professional and considerate. I like to think the latter. I've stated multiple times that this car isn't for the masses. Surely there will be some that hate everything about it. That's absolutely fine by me. I posted this for enthusiasts to enjoy seeing what's involved in a project like this. There are many people on this forum that have contacted me about organizing a project for them and whether it not they love this particular car, they will certainly get an idea as to my level of attention to detail that may just pursuede them to give me the honor of allowing me to work on their cars or start one from scratch for them

HouseOfPower

You will not be able to do one pull on the dyno with that clutch. Love the build thou.

Already have. To the tune of 700+ with zero issues. I've driven 6,7,800 rwhp cobras with stock clutches that gave me no concern whatsoever. Not saying the clutch would survive a long day at the track but it's all about how you treat your equipment that determines the longevity. This car will never see a track as long as I have it. It's a 100% show car that's being built to cruise the streets on sunny days. If a customer is interested in the car and has reservations about the clutch it's absolutely no problem for me to swap it out

Scorch

Established Member
Just a couple of pointers as others have given you.
1. you might as well just ditch the ls7 clutch now as it wont hold period. your spending massive amounts of money on body work don't neglect the performance side of the car as it will bite you in the a$$.
2. look into the flip drive system or direct drive system for the numbers your trying to push this will make the belt and acc system last alot longer.
3. ditch that intercooler system and go with a proven ic system such as a&a or ecs.
4. and depeding on how much your going to push it that current fuel system will be at its limits before 700hp and after that will be a ticking timebomb just fyi.

edit: if this is a show car only then scratch all of the above....
again this are just some of my opinions not bashing your build. good lucjk!

Nosdog2

Hi my name is...
Established Member
Love the color, wonder if anyone has done a cobra in it.

HouseOfPower

Just a couple of pointers as others have given you.
1. you might as well just ditch the ls7 clutch now as it wont hold period. your spending massive amounts of money on body work don't neglect the performance side of the car as it will bite you in the a$$.
2. look into the flip drive system or direct drive system for the numbers your trying to push this will make the belt and acc system last alot longer.
3. ditch that intercooler system and go with a proven ic system such as a&a or ecs.
4. and depeding on how much your going to push it that current fuel system will be at its limits before 700hp and after that will be a ticking timebomb just fyi.

edit: if this is a show car only then scratch all of the above....
again this are just some of my opinions not bashing your build. good lucjk!

thank you for your input. As you can see in the OP the mechanics of the car have DEFINTELY not been overlloked. It's had a crazy mount invested into it and while I do realize in order to safely make 850+ hp there would need to be adjustments made, alot can be said for the way the car is setup now. The AF is spot on at 700+ RWHP, the car runs and drives about as solidly as one could ask for. The motor can handle anything you could throw at it and the tranny shifts perfect. I think we can all agree that a car of this caliber is never truly finished, always room for upgraded....ALWAYS. Any of the above can be addressed if a potential buyer were to want alterations made. Like I mentioned though, as it sits the car is damn near flawless mechanically and I'm not one for messing with a good thing. It takes too much to get them where they are running like this one, don't want to mess with it much now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread