Build Thread: House Of Power Motorsports Project "Z Oh Sick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Glad the fuel system is being upgraded, now do the same to the clutch.

If you say you're building an ultimate car, skimping on a clutch would make no sense since it's proven it's not going to last.

Going to be sick minus that hood!!

HouseOfPower

this. and what most haters dont get, is that Joe is a great guy, a true friend and honestly? would whoop most dudes asses in here. haha

just saying.

you stopped short of telling everyone I'm an NPC bodybuilder and have been competitively fighting since I was 8 lmao. It doesn't matter, they have super fast typing fingers!!!!! lol:lol:

guys thanks very much for following along. While I am building the car exactly how I want it, there's definitely still a part of me that wants the approval of the masses. I think it's human nature. I'm 200% convinced that a good majority of the people not feeling the hood or general concept will have a change of heart when it's together.

The blocking has commenced!
paint.jpg

paint3.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint1.jpg

SVTCobra60

Established Member
you stopped short of telling everyone I'm an NPC bodybuilder and have been competitively fighting since I was 8 lmao. It doesn't matter, they have super fast typing fingers!!!!! lol:lol:

And there's the virtual pimp hand.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
had I won the mega millions lottery like I should have you would have been receiving a call from me to buy the car from you. keep it up OP

dizzygoat

Established Member
i doubt that little D1 is going to make over 800 to the ground, not without it eating itself apart from the inside out. I hate to say it, but the prochargers are known to have problems of tearing apart internally, even at low rpms, but as fast as you will be spinning to TRY and get the hp you want it won't be if it falls apart, but WHEN it does.
I would do yourself a favor and either upgrade to one of the F series units, or sell the kit while it is still in good working condition and go with one of the Vortech kits.
Seems like every time i look i see more and more pro chargers dying.

HouseOfPower

i doubt that little D1 is going to make over 800 to the ground, not without it eating itself apart from the inside out. I hate to say it, but the prochargers are known to have problems of tearing apart internally, even at low rpms, but as fast as you will be spinning to TRY and get the hp you want it won't be if it falls apart, but WHEN it does.
I would do yourself a favor and either upgrade to one of the F series units, or sell the kit while it is still in good working condition and go with one of the Vortech kits.

on the contrary sir :) I will only be pullying the blower for 15-16lbs at the most. A complete walk in the park for a D1. No concerns in the least. With the block, heads, cam and exhaust I don't need that much boost to make those numbers. It easily shelled out over 700 on 11-12lbs just recently

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member

Have some links or personal experience? As much research as I've done on prochargers and I've never heard 1 story of a procharger breaking internal parts due to spinning it too fast unless there was lack of lubrication. Not saying it would never happen just never read about this before.

Nice build OP!

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
The only cosmetic thing I'd consider changing would be the flip up lights, I always loved how Lingenfelter changed them out and was stoked to see the C6 get rid of the flipups.

Either way, keep posting updates!

95riosnake

Established Member
Looks like it will be a badass build. I have full confidence that you'll pull that hood off with style, I haven't seen you build anything ugly yet.

How many sets of wheels are you gonna get for this car? :D

Coiled03

Established Member
13" width wheels?!

:eek:

I'll follow this thread just to see pictures of the meats you're putting on this thing!

HouseOfPower

Looks like it will be a badass build. I have full confidence that you'll pull that hood off with style, I haven't seen you build anything ugly yet.

How many sets of wheels are you gonna get for this car? :D

You and I aren't on friendly terms until red to sell me my HRE's back!!! Biggest mistake ever! Lol

polock4life

Established Member
Sir it's absolutely not about getting upset easily. Not at all. Being active duty for well over a decade I've learned to develop thick skin. It's quite simply about respect. Public forum or not there is a way to conduct yourself and get your point across without being unnecessarilly rude. Perhaps I hold myself to a higher standard but I don't go into a thread a cast stones because I dislike a particular aspect of a car. It's very easy to let your opinion be known without ignorance. I suppose the fact that I treat people with the same level of respect that I would expect to receive makes me soft.... Or perhaps it makes me professional and considerate. I like to think the latter. I've stated multiple times that this car isn't for the masses. Surely there will be some that hate everything about it. That's absolutely fine by me. I posted this for enthusiasts to enjoy seeing what's involved in a project like this. There are many people on this forum that have contacted me about organizing a project for them and whether it not they love this particular car, they will certainly get an idea as to my level of attention to detail that may just pursuede them to give me the honor of allowing me to work on their cars or start one from scratch for them

Out of all that I said, you focused completely on one sentence. Sorry for that boss, it was more of a compliment than anything. Most guys just get all pissy and run away, and I was thanking you for not. Yea you are a little "softer" than you should be seeing as it's a forum, but it's no big deal. I didn't realize you were going to take offense to one sentence that was directed at you after I had complimented you. I would have loved the car in the form it was in prior to taking the build to the next level. Just a shame it's going to go up a bunch in price due to a paint job when the paint looked great IMO.

I wasn't disrespecting you at all, but spent much of the post letting you know how much I like following your builds. Sure I gave my opinions, but again that's what these builds are for... sharing and feedback. I know about thick skin from Active Duty myself, keep up the good fight man. Don't know if you're still in getting screwed by the man or not, but if you are thanks for continuing to do so!

HouseOfPower

Out of all that I said, you focused completely on one sentence. Sorry for that boss, it was more of a compliment than anything. Most guys just get all pissy and run away, and I was thanking you for not. Yea you are a little "softer" than you should be seeing as it's a forum, but it's no big deal. I didn't realize you were going to take offense to one sentence that was directed at you after I had complimented you. I would have loved the car in the form it was in prior to taking the build to the next level. Just a shame it's going to go up a bunch in price due to a paint job when the paint looked great IMO.

I wasn't disrespecting you at all, but spent much of the post letting you know how much I like following your builds. Sure I gave my opinions, but again that's what these builds are for... sharing and feedback. I know about thick skin from Active Duty myself, keep up the good fight man. Don't know if you're still in getting screwed by the man or not, but if you are thanks for continuing to do so!

lol looks like a total misunderstanding in circular fashion. We're not seeing eachother's view at all. I wasn;t focusing on your statement, rather the concept in it's entirety. My statement was a response in relation to everyone as a whole, not you singularly. Anyhow, it's no biggie. I know I can;t please everyone. I'm blessed to have A LOT of support on these boards....A LOT. With that being said, I think I've earned it. I treat people respectfully and provide the forum with useful content.

anyhow back to the car with the horrible hood ;-):pop:

I3oosted

The "King"
Established Member
Thanks for taking the time to post this build!

dizzygoat

Established Member
Have some links or personal experience? As much research as I've done on prochargers and I've never heard 1 story of a procharger breaking internal parts due to spinning it too fast unless there was lack of lubrication. Not saying it would never happen just never read about this before.

Nice build OP!

Im not going to do all the leg work for you, but here is something i drug up:

This can't be...Bad?! brand new Procharger! - LS1GTO.com Forums

EDIT: this person went through at least two i know for a fact, maybe 3. He eventually gave up on that route and went to a turbo setup to get the numbers/performance he wanted. There are a TON more with the same problems and more on the gto forum, pro charger is the only centri setup for those cars so they are stuck using them. Like i said there are a lot of unhappy folks with those units that ONLY used them because they had to and have now switched to other setups.

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
@house of power

You may get close to that number, but i just don't see anything over 800 with the D1, you know that the more pressure you make and the faster you spin it the less hp you make per "pound of boost" to the point you won't make ANY more by spinning it faster. There are guys with better motor setups than you that couldn't get that number, setups i like to consider "max effort" but the best of luck to you, and i really like your taste! Im partial to stock cubes, or near stock using stock stroke in builds, it just makes it easier on your power adder whether it be centri, roots, turbo.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
We had a local c5 with a P1sc make 700 on the stock shortbolck with h/c/i/tune, so I don't think 800 out of a D1 with a built engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread