Build Thread: House Of Power Motorsports Project "Z Oh Sick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HouseOfPower

Well it's that time again. time to post another build thread. HOWEVER and this is a BIG HOWEVER lol This particular project will be seen all the way through to it's completion...no if's ands or buts about it!!

I'll give a quick background about the project. My partnner Scott and I are in the final stages of opening our speed shop/muscle car sales center in the Hilton Head, SC area and have decided to kick things off in style we should build an absolutely radical magazine car. We will specialize in everything domestic modern muscle from sales, to modfying, to detailing and beyond. This project will be used initially as a rolling business card or billboard for the shop and then eventually put up for highest bid (check for the sales thread on here :)). The car's mechanics are essentially done. The car recently had a data logging session as well as a solid drivability tune and spun the wheels to the tune of 712RWHP:burnout: After some more driving I'll remove the 3.9" blower pulley (11lbs) and add some fuel to try and acheive 850+ RWHP on a complete AC equipped street car. It's now in the last 30 days of the visualization phase where it's being treated to a House of Kolor paintjob, wheels, several body modifications etc etc. We anticipate that this time next month you'll be looking at pics of the completed project!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

A rundown on the car:

2003 50th Anniversary Corvette Z06
35k miles
original black on black car.

Motor:
Build 347ci 9.5:1 motor
Eagle crank
Eagle rods
Diamond pistons
ARP main studs
Ported Trick Flow 215 aluminum heads
stainless valves
ARP head studs
A&A stage 2 blower cam
comp push rods
Patriot dual valve springs
60lb injectors
Walbro 255lph in tank pump
racetronics wiring harness
KB 40amp Boost-a-pump
Optima yellow top battery
Autometer boost and electric fuel pressure gauges

Supercharger:
Polished Procharger D1SC
New style double head unit bracket
Procharger Big red blow of valve
ECS 8 rib blower set up
Twin sheetmetal intercoolers
Snow boost referenced methanol injection
Power pipe

Exhaust:
Kooks 1 7/8" headerss
Kooks off road x pipe
B&B bullet cat back

Drivetrain:
RPM stage IV T-56
Ls7 clutch and fly wheel
B&M ripper shifter
C6 Z06 front and rear big brake kit
RBC front slotted two piece rotors
Hawk hps pads
Stainless brake lines
slammed on aftermarket bolts

Wheels:
One off True Forged 3 piece competition wheels. Satin black centers, gloss black lips and bolts
Front:
18.9.5" wheel with 275/35/18 Sumitumo tires
Rear:
18x13" wheel with 335/30/18 Toyo R88 tires
True forged etched center caps

Exterior:
House of Kolor Tangelo Pearl paint
VIS Carbon Fiber SCV hood
L5 widebody rear quarter panels
C5R carbon fiber front splitter
C5R carbon fiber side skirts
Euro taillight assemblies
flush mounted taillights
All lights and reflectors blacked out
Rear exhaust plate with c6r skull
Carbon fiber corvette bumper letters
10% tinted windows
HID lights
blacked out screens
front license plate screen
custom badges

Interior:
Black microsuede Corbeau LG1 seats
double locking sliders
LLoyd floormats
Stereo:
Stereo
Jl w7
Jl 500x1 mono amp
Jl 500x4 4 channel amp
Focal interiors
Alpine head unit
Mixer/inter-phaser

Underhood Dressup:
Tangelo painted fuel rail covers
Carbon fiber intake covers
Carbon fiber battery cover
Carbon fiber inner fender covers
Carbon fiber power steering reservoir cover
Tangelo painted coolant overflow tank cover
Tangelo painted washer fluid tank cover
HOK black painted alternator cover
HOK black painted brake reservoir cover
Billet engine cap set

I undoubtedly forgot a ton of stuff as this is all off the top of my head. When it's all said and done this is going to be a true $100k car.
Not convinced this car is getting the best of the best thrown at it as we speak? Here's a quick breakdown of just some of what's been spent on the car in the last 3 weeks. These prices include some discounts as well lol

$4500 in the TF wheels/Tires
$9500 in the paint (pricey? ummm yes but the final product will pay for itself)
$1400 for the new VIS carbon fiber SCV hood
$1000 for the new suede LG1 Corbeau seats/brackets
$1200 in the widebody quarters/install
$400 for the carbon fiber side skirts
$500 for the carbon fiber C5R front splitter
$350 for the euro taillights
$300 in exterior detail items (badges, inserts, lighting)
$1500 (and rising) in underhood show items (carbon fiber, fiberglass and stainless pieces)
--------------------------------------------------------
$20,650!!! in less then a month!!!

with that said, I'll go ahead and address the people that are sure to fire off hateful posts such as "you're retarded for dumping that into a C5", "why would you spend that on a car just to sell it"....the list goes on.

I'll explain the best I can. When I got this car I was on an island between leaving it completely alone or going bananas with the car and upgrading everything possible. I chose the latter obviously, and I did it for one very particular reason.....We plan to use this car as a rolling business card/billboard for what House of Power Motorsports is capable of providing our clients. We're not one trick ponies that find a car, slap some wheels on it and make a few bucks. We can truly go from as mild to as wild as you could want. This car will no question rank amoing the baddest C5's on the planet. I don't care if when it's all said and done I could have bought a new ZR1.....I really don't. If I wanted one I would go to a dealership. IMO there's much to be said for taking a ten year old car and turning it into something far more desireable then the overpriced supercars on dealer showroom floors today. I've heard people tell me that their car is magazine quality, or show winning worthy and arrived to nothing more thena bolt on car with a nice wax job and some replica wheels. Make no mistake about it if you really and truly want your car as a centerfold you will need to open your wallet and open it wide! Yes, I will lose money IF I sell the car. I may not even sell it. I may instead let it sit on our showroom floor in the shop to attract customers. Then again I might sell it, and when people see the price I'm sure I'll have to make another post like this to explain why it's three times the price of other C5's. I'll gladly do it though. There is a handful of people out there that this car is made for. The others will either admire from a distance and wish or hate on it from close up......and still probably wish lol. Anyways, I'm forecasting this time next month the car will be ready to unveil

So after all that let's get into some pics!:rockon:

How it all began LMAO

wide.jpg

What it was transformed into before deciding to rip it apart and create the monster you will soon see

Z06.gif

z061.gif

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

seats4.gif

seats2.gif

motor-1.gif

As she sits now, getting ready to go under the knife
z1.jpg

z.jpg

z2.jpg

the steam rollers going on this car!!! did I mention 18x13" rears????:eek: This car WILL grace a magazine...or 3. That much I can assure you.

satin black centers:

tf.jpg

assembled on gloss black lips and bolts:

ZTF.jpg

please subscribe to the thread.....I promise it WILL NOT disappoint!! Thanks SVTP!:beer:

HouseOfPower

You're mad bro... But I like it
lol thanks, I think
Sounds like a killer build!! I dont see that LS7 clutch lasting long though.

actually it's quite stout. I've seen those things hold up to some NASTY applications. However, it will be replaced with a twin disc if and when it fails. It's really quite perfect for what the car is made for....cruising. I'm not constructing this car to be a track car or weekend warrior. It's a show car with the nuts to tear someone a new one if they don't act right on the street ;-) As it sits, it's already a bike beater...ESPECIALLY on the interstate

EX1

Established Member
Why are you going with a LS7 clutch? They can barely hold 550 ft lbs

HouseOfPower

Why are you going with a LS7 clutch? They can barely hold 550 ft lbs

it was installed prior to deciding to go balls to the walls. as previously mentioned if it becomes an issue I'll change it out. In the mean time if it aint broke don't mess with it.

HouseOfPower

So here's an idea of what a C5Z looks like in Tangelo. Mine will be much nastier looking and far more detailed. This color is so dynamic!

2_Orange_Krush.jpg

Here's a look at the carbon fiber parts I'm using for the build. The hood is incredible and I love the look of the C5R skirts and splitter

SKIRTS and SPLITTER:

010.gif

044.gif

045.gif

038.gif

036.gif

035.gif

HOOD:

NewImage5-1.jpg

NewImage9.jpg

Last edited:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Exciting up until I saw the hood, that thing reminds me of mr. scoopinator on here. To each their own.

yuke175

Established Member
Love everything but the hood...

looking forward to following the build

HouseOfPower

As far as the hoof is concerned, I get it lol it's not for everyone. I happen to really like it. At least reserve judgement for when everything is painted to match. The raw CF makes everything stand out much more. Thank you fit the posts. I'm very excited for this particular car to be done!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I seem to be one of the very few who like the hood, he's obviously not going for anything subtle, so why the **** not get some crazy ass hood? Makes total sense to me actually. I think this car is going to be insane.

HouseOfPower

Guys I'm going to politely ask that you please refrain from making disrespectful or rude posts in my thread for no reason whatsoever. I certainly don't mind if you share your opinion about what you like or dislike but it's uncalled for just to insult me unsolicited. I don't think I've done anything to Justify that so I'm asking nicely not to do it. This is an enthusiast forum and people are going to have differences of opinion, I get that. What I'm not going to tolerate is blatant disrespect for no other reason but to be offensive. Thank you

03whipedsnake

Established Member
that hood is terrible and that color is awful needs to stay black hammered and have black wheels and probably just ditch the blower for a turbo setup

TurboWs6

1,000whp CLUB
Established Member
Do yourself a favor and toss the Ls7 clutch it's not going to hold anything and your wasting your time if you think your going to be the guy to prove otherwise, you can use the Ls9r clutch or go with the McLeod rxt both great clutches.....If your going "balls out" why not ditch the D1 for an f1? You'll make more power without having the spin the blower so hard for 850+whp, Not being a hater by any means just trying to add some helpful input from my past experiences

Last edited:

racerbox77

Established Member
Man.... Seems like there's always gotta be haters.
I'm subscribed and excited to see another sick car from you man!

Sent from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread