Established Member
500x_buick_regal_dead_2.jpg
- Bob Lutz

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gotta laugh at those who made comments about it being a "Buick". Let's remember that the Mustang wasn't always the Mustang we know and love. It had its "dark" period. Back in the late '60s and early '70s the Buick had models that were feared on the street. It was right up there with the Chevies, Fords and Mopars. Then GM ditched the performance image to attract the 50/60 somethings but did give us the reknowned Grand Nationals. If you haven't seen the new Buick models you should. It is a really nice sedan. Right up there with the best of the imports. I really like this GS concept and would consider it in a heartbeat. For daily driving I prefer a sedan and THIS one could be my top choice. The only thing I don't like is that it has a turbo 4-cylinder (making 255hp). I would prefer a 6!

The new Regal model (2011) is coming this Spring. Buick is no longer the car driven mostly be retired folks.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
Just another example of GM rebadging. Malibu, lacrosse, Aura, Cts...

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
I hope its a 6 cylinder.

they would be dumb not to.

everyone over at the corral bashed it like no joke.

I wish there was a way to let GM know how badass this would be to have it in a 6cyl turbo.

although turbo ecotecs can put down some SERIOUS power easily, and be just as fuel efficient if not better then a 6 cyl.

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
A reliable source on the Camaro forum says GM is looking to give this car V6 power, but from the 2.0L Turbo wihile still getting great gas mileage.

Apparently the factory Stage I kit on the Cobalts and HHR's makes close to 300hp and 340tq while maintaining or even improving gas mileage some claim.

Now that would certainly generate some buzz around this car. That would be one of the most powerful factory 4cyl on the market.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
i don't think it matters if its a 4cyl.

like stated above.

ECOtecs can move out with very little to no bolt ons.

GM could easily get 300plus outta it.

Users who are viewing this thread