• Meh

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Hate it ...makes me want to punch someone in the balls

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brentman2007

Established Member
I used to have a regal back in highschool and They have always been damn fine autos so of course I have a place in my heart for the new concept but i was really impressed with this one. I know its not really a performance car but damn it looks good :rockon::rockon:

Buick Regal Gs Concept — Autoblog

regalgs---01.jpg

regalgs---07.jpg

buick-regal-gs-concept

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
Front end reminds me a little of the mazda 3 with the smiley face look and fog light/duct location..

brentman2007

Established Member
Looks great. Prolly rides great. If there was a V or GTP equilivent, it would be tits...
actually I should have wrote... this is the GS and it is a turbo so i bet it pushes the 300 mark... I mean what does it need brembos for if it doesnt have power ;)

edit: boo i just read its a turbo 4banger with 255hp and 295

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
Wait I thought buick shut down? Maybe I am thinking of another GM company IDK. Nice looking car though what is the price tag gonna be though? It should move out pretty good with a turbo v8 plus you could probably easily up the boost! Also I am in LOVE with those seats!

Last edited:

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
****ing badass, that has to be the best looking Buick in twenty years. Awesome, now if they would put the same engine in it as in the Opel Insignia OPC 320hp V6 turbo then they'll have me buying it.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It's got a Ecotec 2.0L 4cyl DI TT pushing 255hp & 295 lbft with AWD, Brembos, and an available manual trans.

Try to imagine this car without the Buick badge at it looks pretty damn nice.

Last edited:

Z28

Established Member
It's got a Ecotec 2.0L 4cyl DI TT pushing 255hp & 295 lbft with AWD, Brembos, and an available manual trans.

Try to imagine this car without the Buick badge at it looks pretty damn nice.

Its hard to make out but from the pictures it looks like it says either V6 or V8 Turbo on the engine cover?

That car looks really nice, and looks more like a production model already than a concept.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Is it still front wheel drive or do they have an all wheel drive option? Whats the weight on this thing. The cts is a nice 300hp vehicle too but it weights too much.....

Z28

Established Member
"Turns out the Regal GS Concept is down with OPC. Yeah, that's right, Opel Insignia OPC. It borrows heavily from this European car. To start, the Regal GS is all-wheel-drive with an electronic limited-slip rear differential (i.e., the Haldex system used on AWD Saab 9-3s)."

"Oddly, the one thing that's not finalized on the production-ready Regal GS Concept is the engine. The show car has a higher-output version of the 2.0-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder already slated for the 2011 Regal CXL. In the GS, the engine is said to produce 255 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. It's hooked up to a six-speed manual."

"But Buick might not use this engine in the production car. Rumors abound that Buick might replace the turbo four with a V6 -- either the 280-hp, direct-injected 3.6-liter V6 from the LaCrosse or the 321-hp, turbocharged, 2.8-liter V6 used in the Insignia OPC. -- Reporting by Dan Pund"

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/01/buick-regal-gs-concept-details-from-detroit.html

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Is it still front wheel drive or do they have an all wheel drive option? Whats the weight on this thing. The cts is a nice 300hp vehicle too but it weights too much.....

It's AWD and about the size of a Malibu/Fusion, so ~3600-3800#. It should be quite nimble.

The days of 3500# sedans is long gone.

NateV8

Established Member
That is badass! The outside looks perfect and the inside does too, look at those seats! I'd take that over an SHO any day.

The Taurus is butt compared to that.

Users who are viewing this thread