Brittany Griner pleads guilty to drug charges

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Kinda my point...

She will get all kinds of sympathy, claim how she has already been punished enough and be given carte blanche.

honestly, its weed and I couldn't care less but Russia does so doing it there makes you a moron. If she gets let go or serves some kind time over there and comes back I really don't see why anyone should care other than the fact that her poor decisions were a pain in everyone's ass
I'm disgusted the WNBA exists only because of money from the real NBA. When David Stern was commissioner, he said the WNBA lost $10mil per year.

I'm sure Gianna Bryant was on her way to the WNBA. It would have been interesting to see that, as I know Kobe wouldn't have stood for the mediocrity we've all seen.
I will say I was reading an article about the WNBA getting a new commissioner and it talked about the viewership numbers compared to other sports and the TV deals each had. Just looking at the viewership to $ it definitely seems someone ****ed that up for the WNBA. Honestly I was surprised how the numbers compared to soccer clubs and such. I think they'll probably be able to get a bigger TV deal this time around but it will probably always have to be subsidized by the NBA to some degree.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
One of my friends from HS had a basketball family and he had three younger sisters and the youngest of his three sisters was a McDonalds All American pick in college all the while while battling Leakemia! I watched her play a few times and she was seriously good for a girl, and so watching these clumsy pros makes me wonder how his sisters never made it to the WNBA. His sisters were all over 6' and the youngest I think was 6'3 or something and just really talented. Had proffessional modeling contracts at 15 years old, etc. Maybe she watched a few WNBA games and realized it was a dead end? Haha.
They weren't they black and/or gay?

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Her coach or wife or someone just said "This speaks to the treatment of blacks and LGBTQ@#$XYZ++1 peoples in America", then added "If it was Lebron James, he'd be home already."

Now I'm no anthropologist, but Lebron is black, so got some contradictions going. And to the 2nd point, NO SHIT. Ignoring his politics, he's at least a person of consequence, unlike the thing stuck in Russia. Also, I'm sure he's not dumb enough to take weed to Russia.

And none of these clowns defending her will say it, but regardless of her being an anti-American piece of trash, Trump would've had her home by now.

Russia doesn’t give a shit if Bron Bron is black.
His ass would be sitting there for a while too.
Especially considering the political climate now.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I bet she would love to hear The Star Spangled Banner right now.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I doubt that.
The same bs is gonna come out of her mouth.
Now if I were the POTUS and she wrote me a letter
I would get in front of the cameras and Say here is my response:
Press ‘play’ on my audio device.
Star Spangled Banner starts.
Get up and walk off.
That’s just me though.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
LeBron critical of U.S. efforts to get Griner home

As Brittney Griner's wrongful detention in Russia has galvanized the sports world in support of the WNBA star's return to the United States, Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James questioned why Griner would want to return to a country that has taken so much time to aid in a resolution for her.

"Now, how can she feel like America has her back?" James said in a trailer for the latest episode of his talk show, "The Shop: Uninterrupted," which airs on YouTube. "I would be feeling like, 'Do I even want to go back to America?'
"

"If it was LeBron, he'd be home, right?" Nygaard told reporters. "It's a statement about the value of women. It's a statement about the value of a Black person. It's a statement about the value of a gay person. All of those things. We know it, and so that's what hurts a little more."

Yea, how dare America not rush in guns blazing and save a WNBA "star" from Russia?

But hey, I'm sure Brittney would rather stay in Pro-LGBT Russia than come back to this country.
lolol at the last paragraph.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

As Brittney Griner's wrongful detention in Russia has galvanized the sports world in support of the WNBA star's return to the United States, Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James questioned why Griner would want to return to a country that has taken so much time to aid in a resolution for her.

"Now, how can she feel like America has her back?" James said in a trailer for the latest episode of his talk show, "The Shop: Uninterrupted," which airs on YouTube. "I would be feeling like, 'Do I even want to go back to America?'
"

"If it was LeBron, he'd be home, right?" Nygaard told reporters. "It's a statement about the value of women. It's a statement about the value of a Black person. It's a statement about the value of a gay person. All of those things. We know it, and so that's what hurts a little more."

Yea, how dare America not rush in guns blazing and save a WNBA "star" from Russia?

But hey, I'm sure Brittney would rather stay in Pro-LGBT Russia than come back to this country.

Some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard. "I don't want to go back to the US because they took so long to get me home so I guess I will just decline the offer and stay here in prison?"

rborden

Established Member
Some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard. "I don't want to go back to the US because they took so long to get me home so I guess I will just decline the offer and stay here in prison?"
Consider the source.

A woke clown who graduated high school but has absolutely zero education beyond the high school level.

His logic and reasoning stems from a lifelong position of being a professional victim.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
She is going bye bye...what 10 years they said? Knowing the Democrats they would trade a monster back to them for her if they could.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Consider the source.

A woke clown who graduated high school but has absolutely zero education beyond the high school level.

His logic and reasoning stems from a lifelong position of being a professional victim.
You think he took his education seriously in high school? High school education for an athlete destined for the pros is not the same as a high school education for someone that joins the workforce after graduation.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

"

Image1657702452.546418.jpg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Griner...None of what's happening/not happening has a damn thing to do with her being a woman, gay, or black. It's 100% got to do with the fact that she did something illegal in a foreign country and is now being held responsible for her actions. That's called reality and adulthood. Welcome to the show, moron. Now get back in line with the rest of us.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Griner should be on that show Locked Up Abroad, but since she's female we can rename it: Locked Up A Broad.

If more people watched that show they would know and see that it's not Uncle Sam's job to bail you out of your screw-ups in a foreign country and that He rarely intervenes.

Dusten

Established Member
I still wouldn't watch it. Not into women who remind me of 2x4s and giraffes.

What the **** does appearance have to do with watching sports? Do you watch Tom Brady because you wanna **** him?

My daughter plays aau travel ball and watching women play great fun.

Her team took first in state 2 years ago. 4th in state last year and swept her school league.

Users who are viewing this thread