Breathers....

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
did you get the 2'' breather ? haha 'RICER SECTION', they had them in yellow,blue,red,grey. i kinda like the 2'' breather on the Passenger side,clears it from the JLT :).

Last edited:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
UPDATE~
i couldt stand the long rubber hose. looked too dam funny, and stood out. so i went back and re-pluged it. hows this ?? (just shorten) :pepper:

716183_96_full.jpg

TNstangman

Established Member
Snake Eyes said:
Yeah sorry all but misinformation gets me a little POed, especially when it is third hand misinformation. It's just every one who runs breathers likes them and the only people who say dont run breathers are the people who never tried them. Anyway...

REX-RACER: Thanks man, I appreciate people who appreciate me.

lemosley01: No, The filter element in the breathers catches any oil. If it starts to get saturated you just rinse it out and re-oil the filter, just like you do a K&N air filter when it gets dirty.

RioRed4v & LaserCobra 98: You can pick up breathers at virtually any auto parts store. All you need is a crankcase vent filter with a 3/4 inch (outer diameter) shank and what ever size top you want. The K&N part number you need is 62-1130 if you want a chrome top. If you want a black rubber top then it's 62-1070.
cvfsb.jpg

Here is a couple of shot of my intake before the PCV delete. Since the delete, (and Exxon like clean up) there has been no more oil in my intake.
upper.jpg

lower.jpg

Judge for yourself.

Sorry to be catching up on this late, I just want to get the right parts. Wouldn't I want to get 62-1160? A 3" top with a 3/4" vent? Just dont want to have to take stuff back! ;-)

CY98Cobra

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
did you get the 2'' breather ? haha 'RICER SECTION', they had them in yellow,blue,red,grey. i kinda like the 2'' breather on the Passenger side,clears it from the JLT :).

i got the yellow breather with the chrome top :rockon:
you all our lucky, on these cars the passenger side pcv sits right under the throttlebody/intake. you have to run a hose out from it and clamp the breather onto the hose. looks like crap but you cant see it.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA: Nope I have 3" on both sides. I got them a year before I got my JLT CAI. As I said the problem is a 3" breather on the passenger side is dangerously close to the CAI and I think a 2" would be better. You don't want to scratch the JLT's paint.

TNstangman: you can get 3" on both sides but if you have a JLT I would put a 2" on the passenger side (or both if you want).

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Snake Eyes said:
01BlueCOBRA: Nope I have 3" on both sides. I got them a year before I got my JLT CAI. As I said the problem is a 3" breather on the passenger side is dangerously close to the CAI and I think a 2" would be better. You don't want to scratch the JLT's paint.

TNstangman: you can get 3" on both sides but if you have a JLT I would put a 2" on the passenger side (or both if you want).

the 2'' breather should be fine, right ?? i mad the diameter a lil bigger. allows more flow through then before. duno ;-)

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Snake Eyes said:
Separators are better than stock. They will get most of the oil out but not all of it. And they still let all that hot air in to the intake. What is the point of a high dollar CAI if you still have tons of hot air coming in.

Breathers are the way to go, period.

Good point Snake Eyes, I hadn't actually thought of the heat factor. I just didn't want to take it all the way off because I live in an emisions state. But I guess breathers it'll be. :beer:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Good point Snake Eyes, I hadn't actually thought of the heat factor. I just didn't want to take it all the way off because I live in an emisions state. But I guess breathers it'll be. :beer:

good deal. when i took off the PVC , couldt imagine how much OIL was cloged in there. i imagine what the intake manifold's are gonna look like :dw:

ScaryGT

Established Member
Snake Eyes, I agree with you 100%. I've been driving my high hp 2 valve around without the pcv setup for over a year with no problems. Yes you will smell some oil, but it is better than the ton of oil that got sucked into my Procharger intercooler and then onto my MAF. I lost my stock motor to possibly this problem... I for hell was not going to lose my built block. If I wasn't such a moron I'd post all the pics of deleting your pcv on a 2 valve. One thing I did have to have my tuner tune for the deletion. The SCT software was easily setup to deal with the lose of those little bastards.

Good info Snake :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread