Breathers....

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
All I know is that I'm looking forward to my filters coming in tomorrow.

I'll post some pics when I get it slapped in there.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
i agree with you on that one. with a 90 deg bend infront of the MAF will through the readings outta wake. does it matter what direction/place the MAF is postioned on the JLT ?? makes any diff ?? right now i have it as the INSTRUCTIONS says's. wire connections should face the driver-side panel and top of MAF should face the Rear of the car. any try diff postions ??

:shrug:

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
where did you get them from?

Fox-performance.com

Here it is!
breathers.jpg

Unfortunately as I looked for my tools to get a screw driver, I realized I had no tools. Someone f#cking stole them. :mj: :nonono:
Never move from a house back to apartments. It sucks. I hate to be like this but I think it's our new neighbors. Some kid is always working on his sh*tty probe that has a powdery substance where there was once red paint. I've got my eye on him... :fm:

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Very nice!

THANKS!

SanDiego01Snake said:
sorry for the newb question, but what was it you ordered? i don't see a PCV breather option available?
See below :-D

TXFLYME1 said:
Just a heads up I ordered my breathers on fox-performance.com for $16.10 each for the black topped (62-10710) and $16.82 for the chromies (62-1160). 5 bucks to ship unless you order $35 or more, then ship free.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
hey LASERCOBRA98- i like the breather's.looks clean. on the driveside breather. doest it rub the throttle cable ?? on mine it does. and what size vaccum cap did you use ?

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
hey LASERCOBRA98- i like the breather's.looks clean. on the driveside breather. doest it rub the throttle cable ?? on mine it does. and what size vaccum cap did you use ?

Thanks a ton!

The clutch cable is my clearance issue. I moved the throttle cable to the other side of the breather to counteract the clutch cable. Overall I think it's working quite well. I'm not sure on the vacuum cap size. I bought a variety pack from AutoZone and found the most snug one. I'm keeping an extra one in the car in case it goes shooting off under boost. :eek: :lol1:
I can hear is now: *POP* *ZZZIIINNNNGGG* *THUNK* :D

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
I did the socks to the breathers just right now. This won't cause any problems with the breathers "breathing" will it? I don't think so, but I just want to make sure.

I couldn't stand the smell of fuel/oil and it scared me because I thought my newly installed X-pipe was leaking at the headers. Haven't tested it yet, so we'll see.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
mike, if you can blow through the sock easily then it should cause no problems.

mine usually get bad enough to toss after about 5,000 miles.

PSNOUS

Established Member
TXFLYME1 said:
Just a heads up I ordered my breathers on fox-performance.com for $16.10 each for the black topped (62-10710) and $16.82 for the chromies (62-1160). 5 bucks to ship unless you order $35 or more, then ship free. My local auto parts stores did not have them in stock and special ordering would take 7 to 10 days.

Thanks for all the photos too. Looks real nice!

Thanks. I ordered my breathers a few days ago and will be here Thursday :thumbsup:

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Okay, pretty much done with the system.

dscf4385.jpg
Passenger side
dscf4384.jpg
Driver side
dscf4386.jpg
Tee fitting
dscf4387.jpg
Oil/air seperator
dscf4390.jpg
Removable canister w/ drain valve underneath
dscf4388.jpg
The whole setup

1/2" heater hoses all around. It dumps to some big hole behind the strut tower

The next change is to make the output hose longer to have it vent out somewhere away from the engine bay, maybe under the car. The smell is even stronger now that it's all coming out of one stream.

I tried connecting it back so it'd suck the air back into the intake, but it made this really loud howling sound so I didn't do it. Kinda scared me.

What do you guys think?

Oh yeah, I have 2 S&B breathers from JLT that I won't be using anymore. Any offers? ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread