Breaking: We just dropped our biggest non-nuclear bomb ever!

CV355

_
Established Member
MOAB Blast yield = 11 tons (0.011 kt) ; 21,000lbs

Fat Man was 21 Kt ; 10,400lbs

Tsar Bomba was 57 Mt ; 60,000lbs

Sure, you hit a point of diminishing returns, but conventional ordinance reaches that point much quicker...

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Not only did it flatten everything in almost a mile, it brought the roof down on all those little shits hiding in underground tunnels!

RX1Cobra

Established Member
MOAB Blast yield = 1.1 Kt. ; 21,000lbs

Fat Man was 21 Kt ; 10,400lbs

Tsar Bomba was 57 Mt ; 60,000lbs

Sure, you hit a point of diminishing returns, but conventional ordinance reaches that point much quicker...

Isn't MOAB 11 tons or .011 KT? Way less powerful than Fat Man.

LencoCS1

Established Member
Fat Man had the explosive power of 42 million lbs of TNT vs the MOAB dropped on Afganistan of only 21000lbs LBS of TNT

Tsar Bomb had the explosive power of 114 billion LBS of TNT !!!!!!!!

The current MOAB is like a balloon popping when compared to nuclear weapons

The actual weight of a nuclear bomb has nothing to do with its explosive power when compared to conventional bombs. By todays standards as a rule of thumb..... 1 ounce of enriched uranium is equivalent to 100,000 lbs of TNT. A briefcase with 1 ounce of this stuff can level a whole major city.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
that green beret (rip) must have had one serious kill streak and then hit the MOAB option just before being killed himself.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
that green beret (rip) must have had one serious kill streak and then hit the MOAB option just before being killed himself.
I think they are probably concealing it now but it was first reported that he was Delta which a loss in The Unit should warrant a heavy handed response. Regardless, all the operators in our sof are a huge loss.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's not a MOAB. That video was posted a month ago to YouTube. Still pretty cool though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Fooled me at first then I looked again and caught it. Posted right after that it is probably a weapons cache going up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I thought they used them in the first onslaught after 9/11?
Nope! They did invent a new penetrator bomb around that time which utilized 203MM M110 howitzer barrels because of their hardened steel. Filled the barrel with explosive, put some fins and a guidance unit on it and viola a GBU-28! Was used during Desert Storm.

U.M.

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

c80f9389e9c21fabb1a68e06d5852cae.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I LOVE it!!!!
Maybe we'll see them some more presents soon! :D

HandBanana

Established Member
One of my employees is borderline liberal, but we all give each other a hard time.

He walked up to me and said "I saw we just dropped a bomb in Afganistan. Did we drop it on a known ISIS camp or something?"

I said, "No, Trump decided instead of laying out ant traps and letting them die, that we would go to the source. We dropped it on 2 elementary schools. The problem should starve itself out."

He about lost it haha
Savage ****

Users who are viewing this thread