Breaking: We just dropped our biggest non-nuclear bomb ever!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Found some footage of the MOAB drop in Afghanistan.

U.M.
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^

hw55t2aqsdry.gif

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I wonder what will become of that stupid fat ****er in North Korea. He has to be scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Unfortunately the world thinks Trump is an unhinged lunatic that's going to start WW3 and this week is reaffirming that message to them. People see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe so they're looking at it from a different perspective than you are.

thats one of the good reasons why he isnt too concerned with what others think or say about him

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Nope! They did invent a new penetrator bomb around that time which utilized 203MM M110 howitzer barrels because of their hardened steel. Filled the barrel with explosive, put some fins and a guidance unit on it and viola a GBU-28! Was used during Desert Storm.

U.M.

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.

c80f9389e9c21fabb1a68e06d5852cae.jpg

RESPECT!

My father was AMMO in the AF too. Retired 15 years ago and now does very similar work as a civilian. I used to play with his bronze coin as a kid.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Thanks for keeping it real UM. i just saw this thread and was going to set things straight if misinformation was being spread about it. the cost is kind of pissing me off. ppl confusing it for the MOP program and such.

i saw a video on one of my friends wall that said the blast radius was 500ft and that it could penetrate 200' into the ground, lmfao. ignorance.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
This is what I found. Much more than 500ft.
Radius Damage:

• Up to 1000 yards: Obliterates everything.
  • Up to 1 mile: Knocks people, tents, light buildings, cars and jeeps over within 1-mile radius.
  • Up to 1.7 miles: Shockwave kills people, causes severe damage to properties, equipment, blows trucks, tank off road.
  • Up to 2 miles: Causes deafness.
  • Up to 5 miles: Shakes ground, break windows.
  • Up to 30 miles: 10,000 foot high mushroom crowd.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indi...e-most-powerful-non-nuclear-bomb-2027587/amp/

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Radius Damage:

• Up to 1 mile: Knocks people, tents, light buildings, cars and jeeps over within 1-mile radius.
  • Up to 1.7 miles: Shockwave kills people, causes severe damage to properties, equipment, blows trucks, tank off road.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.indi...e-most-powerful-non-nuclear-bomb-2027587/amp/

thats about right. i was on base at elgin when it was tested in '03. i was headed out to the flightline with some catm-9s and i heard the explosion. i dont remember how far away the range was from base, it was at least 20 miles though. it was a distant boom, and i _think_ it was around 2:30pm give or take a few minutes.

jimmy77

Established Member
Unfortunately the world thinks Trump is an unhinged lunatic that's going to start WW3 and this week is reaffirming that message to them. People see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe so they're looking at it from a different perspective than you are.
That's exactly what I want the world to think....and yes it is Reaganesque. I was out on patrol in April 86 when Reagan sent the f-111's after ghadafy in retaliation for 2 of our guys being killed off duty in Germany.

Ever notice the eagle on the back of the dollar bill? It has arrows in one talon and an olive branch in the other.....choose wisely. Honestly, I think its time to make the world a much more civilized place...and there is no room for 2 Koreas...just like there wasn't room for 2 Germanys.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/april/15/newsid_3975000/3975455.stm

Notice how long it took for Reagan to respond...10 days...and no groveling to the UN either. As a Soldier I knew President Reagan had my back....and today millions of Europeans have been rid of communism because of it.

Its time to "ZIP UP" the last of these knuckleheads and do what man is supposed to do...live in peace.

For all of you guys and gals who have been in the heat for the last decade and a half.....THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Moab blast from the ground. Language...

That is not footage of the MOAB they just dropped. That's an EOD blow. They dropped the MOAB in a valley.

U.M.

Actual IR footage of the blast. *Update* ISIS death toll due to this MOAB raised to 94. I imagine as they dig through what's left of the tunnel/cave complex they may find more blobs of jello.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Radius Damage:

Holy crap, that is one Mutha! lol
'Merica!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That is not footage of the MOAB they just dropped. That's an EOD blow. They dropped the MOAB in a valley.

U.M.

Actual IR footage of the blast. *Update* ISIS death toll due to this MOAB raised to 94. I imagine as they dig through what's left of the tunnel/cave complex they may find more blobs of jello.

Thanks, only saw that vid on mobile. Could not see replies, the vid was mis labeled.

The overhead view does not show much and is hard to understand how big it is.

Users who are viewing this thread