Breaking news.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Can’t believe there are “gun people” in here stating that Baldwin is not responsible for the gun and ammo that he used and discharged... like yeah.. let’s totally start disregarding one of the most sacred rules of gun safety... always check and know the status of the firearm in your possession....

You always check that shit, even if your best buddy, ARMY Ranger hands you the ****er.... much less some underpaid, disgruntled, overworked ****er at a movie set...

GTFO.... Lol
a good friend is a cop and one of the biggest gun guys I know. We could all be sitting around the table and watch him drop the mag, eject the round and check it again before handing it off and the first thing any of us does is point it away from every one and check it again. It could be the fourth guy down the line, standing there the whole time and they still check it

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
a good friend is a cop and one of the biggest gun guys I know. We could all be sitting around the table and watch him drop the mag, eject the round and check it again before handing it off and the first thing any of us does is point it away from every one and check it again. It could be the fourth guy down the line, standing there the whole time and they still check it

That’s exactly how I go about it... that’s how it should be all across the board...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I just read in TheHill.com that he was handed the gun by someone and told it was "cold". He needed it to practice his draw.

So why did he have to pull the trigger? If all he was doing was practicing how to draw the gun, no need to hit the bang switch.

Next they are going to blame the sear/trigger.. it went off by itself… lol guaranteed his booger hook pulled it.

Blown 89

Established Member
Yup.

I was testing a new trigger on my 1911 on Thanksgiving and I turned my back for literally 2 seconds and my brother loaded it. Even though I was the last to handle the firearm (or so I thought) I still checked it and in doing so prevented a ND in the middle of Thanksgiving.

The moment that firearm leaves my hand I consider it loaded. The moment it leaves someone else's hand and into mine I consider it loaded. Period, end of story.

Moral of the story, Baldwin is a moron and it cost someone their life.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I went shooting with a guy that got offended that I rechecked a firearm he cleared right in front of me . I never went shooting with him again.

Safety is redundant for a reason.

Just like in aviation, especially in commercial.. The cross check where the Captain and FO both verify settings/configuration etc... These lessons have been learned in blood.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I do you one bettah.

I nevah hand a firearm to ANYONE without the Locking action open OR
The cylinder open on a revolver. EVER.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Baldwin.jpg

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Here is the "Armorer". You just can't make this stuff up, people.

49638613-10130717-Hannah_Gutierrez_Reed_was_seen_for_the_first_time_as_she_paced_o-a-1_1635224514927.jpg

49638603-10130717-The_24_year_old_was_seen_wearing_all_black_with_a_T_shirt_pictur-a-25_1635225256949.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Rookie armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, 24, is spotted for first time since Alec Baldwin used gun SHE had loaded to accidentally shoot dead cinematographer on set of Rust

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, 24, was spotted for the first time since Thursday's deadly incident outside her home in Bullhead City, Arizona

Photos show a worried-looking Gutierrez-Reed pacing outside her home and animatedly speaking on the phone

The rookie armorer was named as the person who loaded Alec Baldwin's prop gun that killed cinematographer Halyna Gutierrez-Reed on the set of Rust

Gutierrez-Reed is the daughter of legendary Hollywood armorer Thell Reed who trained her from a young age

Sources described her as 'inexperienced and green' and said that she was 'careless with the guns' while on set

Baldwin shot and killed Hutchins when assistant director Dave Hall handed him a prop gun loaded with live ammunition while filming a scene

In a previous interview Gutierrez-Reed questioned if she was ready to be a head armorer and said she did not know how to load blanks

Users who are viewing this thread