Breaking news.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
How a "Live" round would get in there is surely a mystery Bob. Maybe they were doing some "Live round" shooting on set with another gun and got this gun confused with another and brought it to Baldwin.

A "Prop" gun shoots a live round with no projectile usually but the gun itself is real and can surely accept live rounds. They have real gun powder in them. Looks just like a real bullet with no projectile on the end but the gasses that come out are REAL.

And if ur close enough to the blast it can still kill u even with no projectile but it would have to be pointed at ur head at very close range. This doesn't appear to be the case here.

People keep saying "He should have checked if it was loaded". It was loaded like its supposed to be with a blank as far as he knew. Opening up the revolver and looking at it would have told him nothing cause it looks the same as a real bullet from the rear. It has a firing cap just like a real bullet.

I cant stand this dude! But Honestly I dont see him being charged with anything.

I also keep seeing "He should have never pointed a gun at anyone". Its a ****ing movie and ur supposed to point the gun at the Camera and pull the trigger and the person he shot is directly adjacent to the Camera which is exactly where he would be pointing the gun when pulling the trigger which is why she was shot!

This is the ARMORERS fault and lack of incompetence and no one else's! That is THEIR job to make sure everything is safe before handing prop guns to actors not Baldwins. They weren't out target shooting in the woods. Its a movie. No actor would assume its loaded with a REAL bullet.
That guy is a piece of shit, but this is a good summary of a plausible and likely scenario.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
How a "Live" round would get in there is surely a mystery Bob. Maybe they were doing some "Live round" shooting on set with another gun and got this gun confused with another and brought it to Baldwin.

A "Prop" gun shoots a live round with no projectile usually but the gun itself is real and can surely accept live rounds. They have real gun powder in them. Looks just like a real bullet with no projectile on the end but the gasses that come out are REAL.

And if ur close enough to the blast it can still kill u even with no projectile but it would have to be pointed at ur head at very close range. This doesn't appear to be the case here.

People keep saying "He should have checked if it was loaded". It was loaded like its supposed to be with a blank as far as he knew. Opening up the revolver and looking at it would have told him nothing cause it looks the same as a real bullet from the rear. It has a firing cap just like a real bullet.

I cant stand this dude! But Honestly I dont see him being charged with anything.

I also keep seeing "He should have never pointed a gun at anyone". Its a ****ing movie and ur supposed to point the gun at the Camera and pull the trigger and the person he shot is directly adjacent to the Camera which is exactly where he would be pointing the gun when pulling the trigger which is why she was shot!

This is the ARMORERS fault and lack of incompetence and no one else's! That is THEIR job to make sure everything is safe before handing prop guns to actors not Baldwins. They weren't out target shooting in the woods. Its a movie. No actor would assume its loaded with a REAL bullet.

Wrong.

A real firearm, capable of shooting real bullets, is NOT a prop. It is a real firearm.

Questions?

Reference the 4 rules of firearm safety.

tistan

Established Member
245919663_10121144711610314_7179903089737831417_n.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member

That's not accurate. Blanks are visually different. A simple visual inspection would have caught that.

Second, he broke the most important role of firearm handling.

This is 100% on Baldwin.

MG0h3

Established Member
Heard a blip that some of the support or film crew walked off set prior to this event, but may have been misreported.

I’m curious if pointing the “prop” guns at random people and pulling the trigger is just a normal deal since everything is a game so to speak.

Just wondering how he smoked the camera person. I’d expect it to be the person he was supposed to shoot in the show/movie that got shot.

I mean if they are all really fake or inoperable guns (obviously not) I could see the lax weapons handling.

Regardless, I seriously doubt anything will happen to him. As long as they are in the right place socially/politically, they get a pass. Similar to politicians or others in power.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
It's still his responsibility to check the weapon.
Let's say you rent a car and the agent says the tank is full. Do you take their word for it or do you look at the fuel gauge to make sure you don't get stranded. This crap about it's not his fault is BS. If he had ever received a fraction of training, this would have never happened.
Secondly, he didn't shoot a fellow actor, so what was going on? Was he screwing around? There was no reason to have it pointed at this woman from what I can gather.

**** Biden

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I am shocked there aren't replica guns for movies that will not accept a live round but rather a different style of blank ammo.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It sounds like a 5 year old kid running around pretending to be a cowboy and shooting at people yet has no real life awareness but has the balls to tweet that cops who are trained in tactical procedures are to blame when they shoot someone threatening their life.

Give me a ****ing break with this moron. Pot calling kettle black.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
6 of the crew were very upset over what they deemed unsafe working conditions. It's beginning to appear that one of the six, possibly staged this, with the intent of validating their claim through a horrific on set accident. It's too much of a coincidence.

MG0h3

Established Member
6 of the crew were very upset over what they deemed unsafe working conditions. It's beginning to appear that one of the six, possibly staged this, with the intent of validating their claim through a horrific on set accident. It's too much of a coincidence.

. Getting a coworker smoked is probably not the best way to expose unsafe working conditions.

Hilarious if this is true

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
There were half a dozen poeple walking off set in protest prior to the accident becasue of mis-fires and near misses with prop guns the day prior. Things gon get interesting!

Also.. that video posted on page 2 of this thread mentions the gun used in the accident might actually belong to Alec Baldwin and he may have accidently left a live round in it.

Cant make this shit up.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Baldwin own a gun! [Clutches pearls] heavens no! Say it ain't so.
There were half a dozen poeple walking off set in protest prior to the accident becasue of mis-fires and near misses with prop guns the day prior. Things gon get interesting!

Also.. that video posted on page 2 of this thread mentions the gun used in the accident might actually belong to Alec Baldwin and he may have accidently left a live round in it.

Cant make this shit up.

**** Biden

My94GT

Established Member
So far this sounds like it falls on the prop master and the majority of the pro gun crowd is thinking too emotionally hoping this is a “gotcha” moment for Baldwin.

Is he a douche politically? Absolutely, but even as pro gun I can’t see it to fault him. Now what I would expect moving forward is safeguards put in place so anyone who handles a gun on set must first be trained and be able to identify real vs fake ammo so this doesn’t happen again.

This is why SOPs are in place in most work places to prevent what would seem an obvious mistake so they need to be implemented to prevent this moving forward.

I also don’t see how anyone can use this as a tool to tighten gun regulations. Sorry we all love shoot ‘em up movies, it’s a profit house for Hollywood. No way even the leftist idiots there want rules that will stop them from their profit…..we’ll I’d hope not at least LOL

Users who are viewing this thread