Bought Cobramac's turbo gunning for 900rwhp help?

Greg@RET

Established Member
Did you guys do a before pull with the old intake to do a comparison of the two intakes? I would love to see that.

I could pull up Brandons old graph at that psi to compare.

i cant wait to see the results from tuning on e85!

Fuel system is done. We have a minor set back... since Sullivan is MIA we cant get a single TB upper plenum. My fabricator is on vacation for two weeks, so we have to get the upper fabbed for a single blade TB. We are doing this to get the stock hood to clear without running Kmember spacers.

03twinturbo

Established Member
What fwd car was this?? just curious...

98 Civic hatchback with a sleeved b18c5 GT35R..could have made more power too. Sold it to fund this project. It was a racecar parachute etc I drove it on the street though as well. Here is a link if your curious to see it. you can see the cobra poking out in the garage.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20772957205&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123
Gotta admit I like imports too. Have a 01 Type R turbo as my daily

Last edited:

03twinturbo

Established Member
Greg sent me this today..its nearing completion [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tddcifV4gWs"]YouTube - ‪First start up e85 twin turbo 160# injectors‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Established Member
any updates??

We had some minor set backs... long story short trying to get the stock hood to clear didnt work lol Also needed to coat the upper intake 3x, long story.... :bored:

Today was the first time fired up, should get it on the dyno this week. :rockon: Just need to weld the rear roll bars in after that.

cbr repsol

Established Member
i think he wants to put all the info but i put a new a/c compressor on the car today cause the old one siezed and snapped the belt. He took me for a ride and all i can say is holy F***:bowdown:

03twinturbo

Established Member
Sorry for delay guys on the update. Been working like crazy to support all my spending on this car as well as my other toys. Car made 812 whp 780 trq at 5500rpm the car was spinning tires on dyno so the graph is real funky after 5500 rpm. Greg at RET thinks its closer to 850 rwhp. Apparently my Ram HD didnt welcome the new found HP and its barely hanging in there. Also there was a recall on the ID 1600 injectors im using. So the good guys at T1 are sending me ID 2000 as a free upgrade. So shortly it will be going back to RET for a retune with the ID 2000's as well as a install of the recently purchased McCloed twin disc with McCloed billet throwout sleeve, new Fidanza hub, Liberty 26 spline shaft, Hoosier 335/30/18 so hopefully spinning on the dyno is reduced for a more accurate reading. All in all car is a beast. The G-Force DR's spin 3rd from a roll & 4th is iffy so traction is a big issue. My tires are worn so that doesnt help although they arent horrible. Saving more cash for either a 8.8 rearend or a full tilt IRS kit. The guys at RET did a great job. Install was clean. Driveability is great. I will update once new parts are on and its retuned.

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
thanks for the ride today that thing is a beast....i still think i wanna buy it when your done with it....i know how u like change all the time.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Wish I lived close enough to get a ride in this beast! Congrats on getting her done, and hopefully all goes even better with the driveline upgrades.

03twinturbo

Established Member
thanks for the ride today that thing is a beast....i still think i wanna buy it when your done with it....i know how u like change all the time.

Yeah man I have never kept a vehicle for longer than a year. You will be the first one I let know if its for sale. No plans on selling though anytime soon.

Wish I lived close enough to get a ride in this beast! Congrats on getting her done, and hopefully all goes even better with the driveline upgrades.

Thanks man..its for sure a beast. 800+ rwhp with a working ac & power steering is so nice. My previous rides didnt have such luxuries

Sounds good. Glad to hear you are now terrorizing the streets of Movally.

Terrorizing the streets indeed!! :thumbsup:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Nice ride! Dumb question.... How do you plan on passing emissions out there? Even if you did, I hear horror stories of the authorities pulling you over and arresting you on the spot and confiscating your behicle. Just curious.

03twinturbo

Established Member
Nice ride! Dumb question.... How do you plan on passing emissions out there? Even if you did, I hear horror stories of the authorities pulling you over and arresting you on the spot and confiscating your behicle. Just curious.

Geez I though I made alot of power!! haha your car is a monster!! Just got it "smogged" recently. My friend works at a shop and what do ya know..the cobra passed smog with flying colors! They dont impound your ride out here anymore from what I see & hear. That was way back in the day. Imports were the main ones getting hassled. That was like 10 years ago. I recently sold my 70 Chevelle that was fully tubbed, BDS blower coming out of hood almost even with the roof lin, open headers, full cage & had a cop give me a thumbs up. Out here to me atleast the cops leave us american muscle alone. Now when Im in my turbo Integra type R I worry about getting pulled over because its loud and low blah blah but never been messed with.

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Wow, I guess things have relaxed a bit out there. That's cool. Thanks for explaining it! Have fun with the cars.

Users who are viewing this thread