Bought Cobramac's turbo gunning for 900rwhp help?

03twinturbo

Established Member
Hey guys, im new here to this forum. You will be seeing alot of me. Just bought cobramac's twinturbo 03. I dont want to make this too long. Basically car made 716rwhp on 19lbs which is great and all but I want 875-900rwhp when it made that power RET said they were losing fuel pressure (dual fuel hats at that time) so still had more in it with what I got now but a far cry from desired levels

Here is a basic rundown of parts
01/02 intake w/stock TB
stock 03/04 heads and valvetrain
HP TT 57mm
Return style fuel setup
60lb inj
Modified fuel hat with dual 255lph walbro pumps
2.5 downpipe back
tuned on 110 octane

nothing to crazy. Now here is what I was thinking of adding to hopes of reaching that goal.

Fore triple pump hat
-10 feed
-8 return
80-100lb injectors
sullivan intake
accufab single blade throttle body
3" downpipe back
E-85 fuel

Please tell me if its possible, what I should add or replace. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Nitrous and methanol has also been considered and im open to either

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
WTF is dual ford hats?

I never heard of such a thing, did they add a second hat into the stock tank?

Or do you mean dual ford GT pumps?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
For the fuel setup for 900 rwhp on E85 I would do 160lb injectors, with the triple hat and 3 of Aeromotive stealth pumps.. They flow 340gph vs the 255's that walbros do. That should be enough to handle that much power on E85.. Why the heck would that car have a 01 Cobra fuel tank.. Why isn't it the stock 03/04??

Fat-cat

Established Member
For the fuel setup for 900 rwhp on E85 I would do 160lb injectors, with the triple hat and 3 of Aeromotive stealth pumps.. They flow 340gph vs the 255's that walbros do. That should be enough to handle that much power on E85.. Why the heck would that car have a 01 Cobra fuel tank.. Why isn't it the stock 03/04??

I dont see anything about an 01 tank it in.. 01 cobra intake maybe ?

Anyway sounds like that list is a little shy. I would do what 98 saleen said. Or go with the tripple hat Return kit. Get rid of the electronics. Secondly the Meth would be an nice addition to add some octane and keep things safe under the 23+ PSI you are going to need to run.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think he changed it.. I could have sworn it said "tank" I could be wrong though.. My eyes have been playing tricks on me recently.

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Just remember if ur gonna run 160's you will need either a big stuff 3, injector driver, etc or buy some really expensive high impedance injectors. I would lose the stock lines as well and lose the triple inline setup. I would run 10 feed and 8 return, get an external pump like a magnafuel or Weldon etc and sump your tank. I would maybe think about getting some bigger turbos. Maybe not though. I'm not sure on how much those 57's can produce. Ur gonna have to run some high boost numbers along with meth for
Pump gas or get a race gas tune. I think 80lb injectors would do the job personally. Also what maf u have? Boost controller? Tell us a little more about the setup

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Just saw where it's tuned for 110. Id say start with the fuels system and see what happens

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Bosch makes 160lb high impedence injectors that work with the stock computer.. Also he wants to run E85 he'll need bigger than 80lb injectors to run those numbers on E85

gt347mustang

Established Member
Fore triple pump hat
-10 feed
-8 return
80-100lb injectors
sullivan intake
accufab single blade throttle body
3" downpipe back
E-85 fuel

Nitrous and methanol has also been considered and im open to either

Fore triple hat would be good. fill it with the walbros or the new aeromotive pumps.

-10 feed and -8 return is overkill.

you will need at least 1000cc injectors. I would just go with id2000 and be done with it.

sullivan intake is a great choice along with a sbtb

3" downpipe will be fine

e-85 is the shiznit!!~!@# dont run anything else. and no nitrous/meth is needed.

if your pockets are deep go ahead and throw some precision 6262's in there and you wont have a problem making 900+rwhp.

cbr repsol

Established Member
omg i just saw u live in my city....hit me up some time i would love to see this car. I just have a whipple so nothing special on my end. My name is Dwight looking forward to hearing from you.:beer:

Im near iris and perris blvd.

03twinturbo

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys..first time doing the whole forum thing since like 2004 when I had a 99 gt supercharged. Brandon told me this site is helpful and everyone on here is cool. Glad to be a part of the community.

Never said 01 fuel tank. I did edit my oginal posting because I said dual fuel hat not a fuel hat with dual pumps.

I already had ID 1000cc laying around for this drag civic hatch I was going to complete. Im gonna sell it now to free up cash for my Cobra!! They are only 4 ofcourse and probably need modifying but are brand new so I was going to attempt to call ID and see if I can send this in to get modified as well as have them send me 4 more. ID 2000 seems like alot. Im basically following Mike Palugi's HP setup he made 850rwhp if you google "Mike Palugi's HP" his combo pops up. E-85 happens to be maybe 5-10 min from my house so def goping E-85

Last edited:

03twinturbo

Established Member
omg i just saw u live in my city....hit me up some time i would love to see this car. I just have a whipple so nothing special on my end. My name is Dwight looking forward to hearing from you.:beer:

Im near iris and perris blvd.

Hey whats up Dwight. Names Richard just bought a house out here off Moreno Beach drive and Cactus so yeah we are really close. Hit me up bro we can meet up here or at Best Buy or somwhere. Got another buddy around here too who will wanna check out your car he has a 08 GT with supercharger.

cbr repsol

Established Member
# is in my sig...im a bit under the weather right now. maybe we can meet real soon or if u want you can stop by my pad.
Yeah that is super close i go thru there every morning on the way to work . I go thru san timateo canyon.
Either way give me a call.

03twinturbo

Established Member
So im gathering from you guys atleast 1000cc injectors. Im fine coughing up money for quality parts so ID's are fine. Sullivan intake manifold. Accufab single blade throttle body? Fore hat with triple Walbro? Im fine buying the Aeromotive pumps but only if its needed. Bigger turbo's I knew was a definite answer, however that will be a big chunk of change. Meth im ok with or a intercooler spray bar. Ofcourse NOS will get me there but want to be as safe as possible. 3" downpipe to 2.5" exhaust with no cats is ok?

Users who are viewing this thread