Bought Cobramac's turbo gunning for 900rwhp help?

CobraMac

Established Member
Hellll yess buddy!! Man I'm sooo stoked for you! I'm glad you're loving the car just as much as I did building it! And trust me man...I know the pains, especially building it from the ground up! The end result will make you giddier than a school child! Even more so than you already are hahaha

Wildcard

Established Member
Geez I though I made alot of power!! haha your car is a monster!! Just got it "smogged" recently. My friend works at a shop and what do ya know..the cobra passed smog with flying colors! They dont impound your ride out here anymore from what I see & hear. That was way back in the day. Imports were the main ones getting hassled. That was like 10 years ago. I recently sold my 70 Chevelle that was fully tubbed, BDS blower coming out of hood almost even with the roof lin, open headers, full cage & had a cop give me a thumbs up. Out here to me atleast the cops leave us american muscle alone. Now when Im in my turbo Integra type R I worry about getting pulled over because its loud and low blah blah but never been messed with.

They still impound cars here, they don't arrest you- just leave you by the side of the road while your car goes away on the back of a flatbed. Know a cobra guy who was going to buy a supercharger from me and in one phone call everythings fine, he's stopped at Denny's for directions. The next phone call I get from him 10 minutes later, he's on the side of the road watching the cop take his car away on the back of a truck- no cats. They usually don't bother muscle cars, to most it's like are screaming rumbling cars don't even exist. But it does happen. Saw an import on the back of a flatbed with chp doing a checklist outside of march afb a month ago. I would hate to go through that.

And in MV you have to watch for the Rolling smog machine. They post it up on Alessandro, stop cars and test them on the spot. And on holidays the DUI/inspections stops. I try to avoid driving all the way down Alessandro on major holidays where they might want to pull a traffic stop.*

Last edited:

03twinturbo

Established Member
Hellll yess buddy!! Man I'm sooo stoked for you! I'm glad you're loving the car just as much as I did building it! And trust me man...I know the pains, especially building it from the ground up! The end result will make you giddier than a school child! Even more so than you already are hahaha

Ya man cant wait to get clutch in and the new shoes. Traction is null and void on the current meats

They still impound cars here, they don't arrest you- just leave you by the side of the road while your car goes away on the back of a flatbed. Know a cobra guy who was going to buy a supercharger from me and in one phone call everythings fine, he's stopped at Denny's for directions. The next phone call I get from him 10 minutes later, he's on the side of the road watching the cop take his car away on the back of a truck- no cats. They usually don't bother muscle cars, to most it's like are screaming rumbling cars don't even exist. But it does happen. Saw an import on the back of a flatbed with chp doing a checklist outside of march afb a month ago. I would hate to go through that.

And in MV you have to watch for the Rolling smog machine. They post it up on Alessandro, stop cars and test them on the spot. And on holidays the DUI/inspections stops. I try to avoid driving all the way down Alessandro on major holidays where they might want to pull a traffic stop.*

Funny I literally drive Alessandro m-s from Moreno Beach to Mission Grove. Caught that DUI checkpoint twice. Never bat a eye at me in any of my cars. Im fully sleeved down both arms and drive with my arm hanging out window too. Maybe im just lucky :shrug:

cbr repsol

Established Member
^^watch cactus too...ive seen them have 4 dui check points by the commercial buildings in the last 2 years...ive also even seen them right down my street , Iris before the staterbros.

Wildcard

Established Member
Perhaps you are lucky. Haha... Nowadays everyone has sleeves... Even girls that I've dated. :beer:

03twinturbo

Established Member
Perhaps you are lucky. Haha... Nowadays everyone has sleeves... Even girls that I've dated. :beer:

Yeah perhaps cuz I enjoy my cars when I drive them too. On a side note I know alot of guys may disagree but a girl with sleeves..now thats hot! Mine has alot but she cant get a sleeve "yet"

CobraMac

Established Member
Yeah perhaps cuz I enjoy my cars when I drive them too. On a side note I know alot of guys may disagree but a girl with sleeves..now thats hot! Mine has alot but she cant get a sleeve "yet"

Hahaha the thing is though, even though you have sleeves you legitimately don't look like you are up to no good. I don't know what it is but you give off a good aura maybe hahaha.

And I agree with that one for sure!! I like it too!

Users who are viewing this thread