Bought Cobramac's turbo gunning for 900rwhp help?

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Why only a 6-point? Why not upgrade the turbos instead of the new intake?

Teej281

Established Member
I would have went with some billet 61's or 62's over an intake setup. But more power to ya man! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

03twinturbo

Established Member
I would have went with some billet 61's or 62's over an intake setup. But more power to ya man! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Well money was a factor, plus I want to see how much I can get out of these 57's. If I get bored and feel like dropping several grand then maybe Ill upgrade turbo's but then why stop there. Why not stroke it, port the heads, cam it lol I can go on and on. I just want a fast ass street car I can take to track sometimes & walk away from 'most' of the competition on the steet (from a roll ofcourse). Hopefully the end result will be just that.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I thought that car had a forged bottom end in it..>? why bother stroking its just lean on it a touch harder lol

03twinturbo

Established Member
I thought that car had a forged bottom end in it..>? why bother stroking its just lean on it a touch harder lol

lol indeed it does have a MMR 1000 shortblock. I wont stoke it, was just meaning if I was gonna upgrade turbos then why stop there. Perhaps you guys are right & I should have upgraded those first. Ill lean on the 57's first & see how she does. Then by the time I get bored with the power 'maybe' I can afford some monster turbos. I think 800-850rwhp should be plenty fun on the street though. My poor 57's will be working there lil hearts out!

Greg@RET

Established Member
A little update... will have more progress tomorrow. Sullivan sent the wrong threaded bolts for the upper intake... so we need to pick some up. Its dummy mounted in this pic.

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

03twinturbo

Established Member
A little update... will have more progress tomorrow. Sullivan sent the wrong threaded bolts for the upper intake... so we need to pick some up. Its dummy mounted in this pic.

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Lookin mean! That Fore hat is too sexy not be be seen. MM said roll bar should arrive end of next week.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Greg you should buy some of those static + paint shields. they protect just as well as Tape does and take 30 sec to put on. With the use of fender cover as well paint will be clean as a whistle. Car should be roudy when its done that for sure.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
You guys are nuts.. throwing around the term "8 and 900hp" like it's nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of power, but I've built/driven several turbo Mustangs at 700whp, and they're flat out retarded to drive on the street. 900whp for a street car is crazy.

That being said, I f*cking love it! LOL!

Travis

Fat-cat

Established Member
You guys are nuts.. throwing around the term "8 and 900hp" like it's nothing. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of power, but I've built/driven several turbo Mustangs at 700whp, and they're flat out retarded to drive on the street. 900whp for a street car is crazy.

That being said, I f*cking love it! LOL!

Travis

Hhaha my car is making 730+ thru and auto and seems to be manageable. That said 800+ wheel thru a stick is going to be a narly ride for sure.

03twinturbo

Established Member
Hhaha my car is making 730+ thru and auto and seems to be manageable. That said 800+ wheel thru a stick is going to be a narly ride for sure.

Ive felt 660whp in a fwd stick lol now that was a ride..figured why not skip to 800+ Cant wait to take it out hunting

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Have you driven a 8-900whp RWD turbo car before? Not trying to be a buzz kill at ALL, but, shit can go wrong in a HURRY at that power level and highways speeds. I hope you respect it, and get to enjoy it. It'll bite you in the ass in a hurry!

JohnC96cobra

Established Member
For the fuel setup for 900 rwhp on E85 I would do 160lb injectors, with the triple hat and 3 of Aeromotive stealth pumps.. They flow 340gph vs the 255's that walbros do. That should be enough to handle that much power on E85.. Why the heck would that car have a 01 Cobra fuel tank.. Why isn't it the stock 03/04??

i have the fore triple hat with 3 walbro 255s, 120lb injectors, and e85.
I make 1161hp and 980tq on 25lbs of boost. My motor is a billet rodded 5.0 stroker with 03 cobra heads p/p, hpp turbo cams, hpp twin turbo kit with 61mm non ball bearing turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread