Bought Cobramac's turbo gunning for 900rwhp help?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
You won't need Meth for sure with E85. Absolutely no need. I agree that -10 feed is overkill. I run an -8 and made 1028rwhp/1094rwtq. This is with the Fore hat and triple Walbros. I don't think I've ever seen anybody make 900rwhp with the 57's. If so, it's rare and possibly with a large correction factor involved. You're really pushing them hard and it will effect the longevity of the turbos. What a/r exhaust housings are on the turbos? I know Cobramac was toying with the idea of upgrading to at least .63 housings. That will at least help you reach your goal.

BTW, twin Walbros on gaololine are good for 1000rwhp. So there is some other issue with running out of fuel at 716rwhp or whatever.

03twinturbo

Established Member
You won't need Meth for sure with E85. Absolutely no need. I agree that -10 feed is overkill. I run an -8 and made 1028rwhp/1094rwtq. This is with the Fore hat and triple Walbros. I don't think I've ever seen anybody make 900rwhp with the 57's. If so, it's rare and possibly with a large correction factor involved. You're really pushing them hard and it will effect the longevity of the turbos. What a/r exhaust housings are on the turbos? I know Cobramac was toying with the idea of upgrading to at least .63 housings. That will at least help you reach your goal.

BTW, twin Walbros on gaololine are good for 1000rwhp. So there is some other issue with running out of fuel at 716rwhp or whatever.

I was thinking that dual walbro would be enough as well. Greg at RET said that was the case however according to Brandon. Not sure what a/r housings are on them currently. Wouldnt mind switching to the .63 housing. Any idea on the cost of that?

04spinbra

Established Member
I was thinking that dual walbro would be enough as well. Greg at RET said that was the case however according to Brandon. Not sure what a/r housings are on them currently. Wouldnt mind switching to the .63 housing. Any idea on the cost of that?

I thought I seen a thread saying not to use the Walbros with E85?! Im going to look for it!

03twinturbo

Established Member

Teej281

Established Member
I agree with most of what is being said in here. Definitely need triple pumps, stealth pumps being a good choice. ID1600's would be a good choice for injectors. Sullivan manifold is another great choice to go with. I would however go with a -10 fuel line to keep the fuel pressure low. Upgrade on turbos would be a good idea, and it won't be as much as you think when you resell the turbos you have. Also, make sure you go billet turbos with ball bearings as well. Bigger downpipes are also a great idea. Get back pressure down and you'll get better spool. Overall, make sure you don't take the car and turn it into a dyno queen. As I remember, the car is a beast as it sits now. Having the car make 900rwhp might make it laggy and sluggish so make sure you have it maintain it's street manors.

Good luck!

Stalker27

Established Member
I can't add too much to this tread but I can for sure say i would not get that accufab. Its no different than a ported stocker. Go with a Dragon from Posi

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Before I can add anything I would like to know what you are going to use the car for. Are you after dyno numbers, 1/4 mile times or well rounded street cat that car be setup to go straight or around turns bepending on the weekend?

Your planed use of the car is a major part of how you should build it. If you set it up for dyno numbers its going to be a dog on the street. If you set it up for the 1/4 its not going to put out huge numbers. Thats just how it is! I gave up a good 25rwhp to keep my rwtq numbers up in the mid range.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hey congrats on picking up such a nice car and for a heck of a price!

is there any E85 in your area? there certainly isn't out here. otherwise im sure everyone over here would be converting lol

04torchred

Established Member
Run the HPP upper for the sullivan lower and have the sullivan lower port matched to the heads(if the way it comes isn't perfect). If you use the HPP upper hat at least you can keep the cold side piping mostly in tact and won't have to move it to the front of the car.

See how the larger downpipes work I think it will help. You might want to run a larger intercooler and cold side piping if you can measure what the differential is across it when under the boost you want.

I am just trying to think of ways to help improve the efficiency so you can get up where you want for power with the 57mm turbos.

Like Fat-Cat said get a nice meth system also.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i live less than two miles from him. The e-85 fill station is 5 miles from my house so 7 for him.:beer:

thats kind of a long way to go for some fuel lol. unless you fill up some big fuel cans to keep at home. and then you also limit how much you can drive your car and where. can you put regular gas in it once its converted to run on e85? if so, then that would be cool. if you run out of gas, you can stop anywhere to fill up. although id imagine you'd need to empty out the e85 first...

03twinturbo

Established Member
I agree with most of what is being said in here. Definitely need triple pumps, stealth pumps being a good choice. ID1600's would be a good choice for injectors. Sullivan manifold is another great choice to go with. I would however go with a -10 fuel line to keep the fuel pressure low. Upgrade on turbos would be a good idea, and it won't be as much as you think when you resell the turbos you have. Also, make sure you go billet turbos with ball bearings as well. Bigger downpipes are also a great idea. Get back pressure down and you'll get better spool. Overall, make sure you don't take the car and turn it into a dyno queen. As I remember, the car is a beast as it sits now. Having the car make 900rwhp might make it laggy and sluggish so make sure you have it maintain it's street manors.

Good luck!

ID1600's isnt overkill? I already have 4 ID1000's talked to the guys at T1 they were gonna get me another 4. Yes bigger downpipe is a must its 2.5" all the way. i would think just changing to 3" would yield 15+hp with no other changes. Didnt think of the resell value on my 57mm hmm great point. In that case I can afford new bigger turbos. 900rwhp may be a bit much lol but want atleast 850rwhp.

03twinturbo

Established Member
I can't add too much to this tread but I can for sure say i would not get that accufab. Its no different than a ported stocker. Go with a Dragon from Posi

Dragon's are very nice. Dont hear too much about them but again im new to the game. They outflow the single blade Accufab by that much?

Before I can add anything I would like to know what you are going to use the car for. Are you after dyno numbers, 1/4 mile times or well rounded street cat that car be setup to go straight or around turns bepending on the weekend?

Your planed use of the car is a major part of how you should build it. If you set it up for dyno numbers its going to be a dog on the street. If you set it up for the 1/4 its not going to put out huge numbers. Thats just how it is! I gave up a good 25rwhp to keep my rwtq numbers up in the mid range.

Good point ruthless. I should point out I do not want my car to lose its daily driveability or handling just to hit the 900rwhp mark. I do want atleast 840rwhp though. Id like to click off some high 9's in the future when I can afford to upgrade the driveline for the slicks. I basically want a well rounded street car that I can take to the track on the weekends wiether that be buttonwillow or 1/4 mile. Dont mind changing minor things on those weekends but dont want to do anything that would hurt my fun on the street.

hey congrats on picking up such a nice car and for a heck of a price!

is there any E85 in your area? there certainly isn't out here. otherwise im sure everyone over here would be converting lol

Thank you. Car is beautiful and is so much fun to drive. Gonna take this car even further. Its fun tweaking things and buying car parts lol

Run the HPP upper for the sullivan lower and have the sullivan lower port matched to the heads(if the way it comes isn't perfect). If you use the HPP upper hat at least you can keep the cold side piping mostly in tact and won't have to move it to the front of the car.

See how the larger downpipes work I think it will help. You might want to run a larger intercooler and cold side piping if you can measure what the differential is across it when under the boost you want.

I am just trying to think of ways to help improve the efficiency so you can get up where you want for power with the 57mm turbos.

Like Fat-Cat said get a nice meth system also.

Well maybe Ill just go bigger turbos. I havent seen that HPP upper with sullivan lower. Im learning alot. Thanks for input

i live less than two miles from him. The e-85 fill station is 5 miles from my house so 7 for him.:beer:

Yup and 7mi I can live with. Afterall I drive right by it once a week and there is no way I even use half a tank a week so no problem keeping E85 in the tank :)

thats kind of a long way to go for some fuel lol. unless you fill up some big fuel cans to keep at home. and then you also limit how much you can drive your car and where. can you put regular gas in it once its converted to run on e85? if so, then that would be cool. if you run out of gas, you can stop anywhere to fill up. although id imagine you'd need to empty out the e85 first...

ruthless

Established Member
Good point ruthless. I should point out I do not want my car to lose its daily driveability or handling just to hit the 900rwhp mark. I do want atleast 840rwhp though. Id like to click off some high 9's in the future when I can afford to upgrade the driveline for the slicks. I basically want a well rounded street car that I can take to the track on the weekends wiether that be buttonwillow or 1/4 mile. Dont mind changing minor things on those weekends but dont want to do anything that would hurt my fun on the street.

Sounds like your goals are the same as mine. I went with a ported 01 Cobra intake and didnt look back. I am sure I gave up 25rwhp above 7k rpm but I am never going to spin it that high anyhow. Plus the added rwtq numbers are going to make it fun to drive on the street.

03twinturbo

Established Member
Sounds like your goals are the same as mine. I went with a ported 01 Cobra intake and didnt look back. I am sure I gave up 25rwhp above 7k rpm but I am never going to spin it that high anyhow. Plus the added rwtq numbers are going to make it fun to drive on the street.

What do you have for exhaust? Ive heard some people say 3" downpipe to 2.5" exhaust for street. Some say 3" back yet others have said 3.5" im not concerned with how loud it is. Or really peak HP I just want it all to function well

ruthless

Established Member
The downpipe is 3.5 inch in my setup and my wastegate is dumped. I wanted a 4inch downpipe but the MM kmember wasnt going to allow for a clean install. I am a big believer in making the bends in the pipes as smooth as possible. I didnt want sharp bends or sections that were smashed flat that would cause turbulance. I also wanted ground clearance so my K member is the lowest part in the front of the car.

03twinturbo

Established Member
The downpipe is 3.5 inch in my setup and my wastegate is dumped. I wanted a 4inch downpipe but the MM kmember wasnt going to allow for a clean install. I am a big believer in making the bends in the pipes as smooth as possible. I didnt want sharp bends or sections that were smashed flat that would cause turbulance. I also wanted ground clearance so my K member is the lowest part in the front of the car.

Come to think of it my wastegate is open to atmoshere as well so there really is no need to upgrade downpipe or exhaust correct? Since with open wastegate there is no restriction when under full boost. Correct me if im wrong

ruthless

Established Member
That depends on how much exhaust gases are being bypassed. The wastegate opens to bleed exhaust gas away from the turbo once the desired boost level is reached. If your downpipe is not large enough it will cause the turbo to spool slow.

Also remember that my setup in a 76mm single turbo so there will be a few things different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread