Bought another house -- Garage build

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful house, broseph! Congrats! The extra room comes right at the perfect time…. It will allow you to house that growing bleeding pussy you got going on! :LOL:(y)

beau t

Established Member
The only input i have is add as many outlets as possible - with limited space my 4 wheeler ended up right in front of my 2 rollup doors ( there was room for a outlet there but i thought i would never need a outlet there) to keep it on life support ( battery tender) i had a extension cord thrown across it seemed like everything i needed to move all of the time, i finally had enough and added an outlet there and with a 12 foot ceiling lets just say it was fun with the sheet rock already in place.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I tell all the youngsters at work, that when I started college, I used a typewriter for my reports and papers. we had no internet and or TV or AC in my dorm room.
Same here.. learned to type on a typewriter in 10th grade.

AOL dial up during college years.

7300 a year, ooooooooffff

That’s 5 mortgage payments back here. Coasts are whack!

Edit: obviously you’re earning more, but it’s just crazy how much less snow and corn can make a house cost.

Youre not wrong brotha. Way too expensive. Sad part is, about 3 years ago property tax on this place was only $4000.

That is still good at $7300 a year in Cali. Houses like that in North Jersey with property can be anywhere from $10K to $20K a year depending on what town the house is in. I live an hour twenty outside of NYC and my taxes are right about the same around $7500 but I get nothing for the tax money its mostly all school taxes. Enjoy that new to you home....

Insurance on this place is $1450 annually, so could be worse I guess.

I was in Broward County, and last year my taxes on my house were almost 9K, and my insurance costs were 6K. It's like having another mortgage.

Ugh. Sorry bro! No bueno

How much that set you back?

It listed for $850k in Feb. I paid significantly less than that because it sat for a month and a half.. prior owner had already moved to Ohio and wanted it gone.

That is a really nice property. Very inviting. THAT neighborhood looks prime. Very nice find and purchase. The grounds look great. The size of the house looks great. And the changes you're making are going to nicely increase the property value.

I'm looking forward to seeing the home after the changes are completed. I definitely recommend epoxy or poly-aspartic coating for both the garage and the work shop space. Makes clean-up a breeze, as you likely know.

Is property there as expensive as LA communities (like Hawthorne). My cousin's home in Hawthorne (maybe 1,200 sq. ft.) is appraised for just over $1mil. Heck, your separate workshop space is about the size of his home. LOL. Property in Cali is generally really expensive. Or, maybe more true, LAND is generally really expensive.

Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks Bob, much appreciated. Ive been told by a few other people about the epoxy idea you suggest. I need to look into this more and plan on executing on something nice like that.

We are about 75 miles east of LA so, no, home values here are not as high as they are in LA, in general.

I guess my invite got lost in the mail. You know how those guys are. Anyways, love to come see my new room at the house.

Any time, open invite. You know this.

Thanks Josh, I know Dan @LS WUT liked it too. I'm always giving him shit about his yard and driveway.
Nice setup Dom. There is concrete everywhere there. Did you keep the other house?

Thanks Brad... yes, we still have the other place as well. Trying to decide what to do with it.

The more and more landlords I talk to about rental properties, the more I lean towards selling lol.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Thanks! We are about 75 miles east of LA in the Inland Empire. Been out here since wife and I graduated college back in 2000. I feel old.

I have a friend out in Redlands, you must be past him somewhere off the 10 I'm guessing

have you browsed garage journal yet for ideas? I read up on floor coatings there a while back and ended up going with a polyurea coating from armor poxy.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That price seems very reasonable.

I have a customer who is buying a house in Santa Cruz, every person I've showed it to has gasped at the price.

Property taxes are like $14k per year too.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The more and more landlords I talk to about rental properties, the more I lean towards selling lol.
True story, never know what you'll get even with an agency.
For the love of GOD, do the walls and floors before you move all your shit in.......garage......wish I had.
All of this.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The only input i have is add as many outlets as possible - with limited space my 4 wheeler ended up right in front of my 2 rollup doors ( there was room for a outlet there but i thought i would never need a outlet there) to keep it on life support ( battery tender) i had a extension cord thrown across it seemed like everything i needed to move all of the time, i finally had enough and added an outlet there and with a 12 foot ceiling lets just say it was fun with the sheet rock already in place.

Interesting. Yeah, there are already a TON of outlets in this building. Plus I have access to the attic with this little trap door doohickey.. ill have to post a pic.

Ceilings are about 9.5" high, I might be able to install one of those half lifts.

For the love of GOD, do the walls and floors before you move all your shit in.......garage......wish I had.

Sound advice! That's the plan... for the floors at least... but yeah, sky blue walls look like shit! lol

That price seems very reasonable.

I have a customer who is buying a house in Santa Cruz, every person I've showed it to has gasped at the price.

Property taxes are like $14k per year too.

The prices today are just crazy. Incomes have not risen at the same rate as housing prices. I don't know how sustainable this is.

LS WUT

Established Member
Thanks Josh, I know Dan @LS WUT liked it too. I'm always giving him shit about his yard and driveway.
Nice setup Dom. There is concrete everywhere there. Did you keep the other house?
Haha, that’s a fact. I can promise you one thing. Brad will be the FIRST person I send my new house too. No text involved just my driveway and edged grass haha.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
To be honest, was quite reasonable until about 2 years ago SMH. Last year prior owner paid $7300 for the year.

hahaha! This is great

Thanks! We are about 75 miles east of LA in the Inland Empire. Been out here since wife and I graduated college back in 2000. I feel old.
Dude, I have skivvies older than you.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You should paint the doors like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_181944_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_181944_Instagram.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 121

Users who are viewing this thread