Bought another house -- Garage build

VegasMichael

Established Member
Looks good, amigo. Congrats. 7300 bucks in tax for a house that size on a half acre in California isn't bad at all. It would be way more where I'm currently at.

I would sell your other place if it were me. Screw being a landlord. A nice chunk of cash is always nice to see in your bank account. (Ask me how I know.) Hell, with current administration(Gavin Gruesome and Slo Jo Blo and Go) they might put a moratorium on renters paying rent so they can feel like homeowners! Good luck with everything, man.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Another vote for a pro applied polyaspartic floor coating. Did 2 garages 2 months ago at our house down south. I like it more, so far, than a traditional expoy coating that we have in a 3500 sqft building up north (done around 10-15 years ago).

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing like doing demo work in steel toe safety sandals ;)

jelly

Haha agree... that's my buddy Mike. More brawn than brains perhaps

Looks good, amigo. Congrats. 7300 bucks in tax for a house that size on a half acre in California isn't bad at all. It would be way more where I'm currently at.

I would sell your other place if it were me. Screw being a landlord. A nice chunk of cash is always nice to see in your bank account. (Ask me how I know.) Hell, with current administration(Gavin Gruesome and Slo Jo Blo and Go) they might put a moratorium on renters paying rent so they can feel like homeowners! Good luck with everything, man.

Sound advice bud, appreciate that. And youre probably correct on the future of renters in CA!

Around here, we call that a detached garage, not a shop.

Looks like a good project though. Enjoy the upgrade! (y)

If it were yours, it would be a garage--to park.

Since it's mine, and I actually build things, it's a shop. :)

blownstang01

Established Member
To be honest, was quite reasonable until about 2 years ago SMH. Last year prior owner paid $7300 for the year.
$7,300 a year in SoCal is not what I expected. I'm in Upstate NY (as in waaay away from the city, like 250 miles) and taxes here on an "average" house is close to that. On any house over say $400,000 with an acre or two would put you in the 12-14K range. I wish we didn't have family obligations here still, I cannot wait to flee this state.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
$7,300 a year in SoCal is not what I expected. I'm in Upstate NY (as in waaay away from the city, like 250 miles) and taxes here on an "average" house is close to that. On any house over say $400,000 with an acre or two would put you in the 12-14K range. I wish we didn't have family obligations here still, I cannot wait to flee this state.

Damn Mike, what county are you in? We pay about $5k per year in Saratoga County and I have 7+ acres.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Im in a suburb about 75 miles away from LA, so im sure that helps.
Our county is actually pretty red in their thinking and policy creation/administration.

Looking great Dom!!
Mustang looks pretty killer too.

Thanks brotha! I need to get that girl out and drive it some... been a while haha

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Friendly jabber.

Things are definitely BIGGER in TX.

Well not EVERYTHING. Was stationed in South Texas in Ingleside and we changed homeports to San Dog. That was a fun trip on the USS CHIEF! So I get there and I order three potato, chorizo egg and cheese breakfast burritoes right. He looks at me funny and rings me up like $20-$25, can't recall exactly. I was like damn shit is more expensive here. Little did I know they were HUGEEEE. Atleast a pound each. I can eat three easy in South Texas, not in Cali.

Looking Good! Can't wait to see the floors!

Users who are viewing this thread