Bought another house -- Garage build

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well not EVERYTHING. Was stationed in South Texas in Ingleside and we changed homeports to San Dog. That was a fun trip on the USS CHIEF! So I get there and I order three potato, chorizo egg and cheese breakfast burritoes right. He looks at me funny and rings me up like $20-$25, can't recall exactly. I was like damn shit is more expensive here. Little did I know they were HUGEEEE. Atleast a pound each. I can eat three easy in South Texas, not in Cali.

Looking Good! Can't wait to see the floors!

Im a breakfast burrito guy myself.... Can definitely agree we have some of the best/biggest here in SoCal.

That garage would look great with a MG Cobra in it, but not till the floors are done.

Daaaaaaaamn. You honestly have no idea how bad I want to make that happen.

So not Palm Springs....

Absolutely hell to the no. Sad to say im only 40 min from that place however...

That white car run?

Usually on Fridays, yes sir!! :p

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Good times.. woke up Saturday morning to wife telling me "there is water dripping from the stove hood onto the stove".

Dafuq?

Great... Upstairs master bathroom is right above kitchen, so my mind tells me either shower or toilet is leaking.

No access doors, so cutting into the walls 2 weeks after I move in lol. Love it.

Turns out the plumbers putty in the shower drain had deteriorated/dried out.

Fresh gasket, some new putty, and leak is fixed.

Now I plan to install an access panel so I don't have the cut the walls open again if this happens in the future.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's what I did in the showers at my house when they re-piped overhead. Really can't see them because they're in closets.

yes sir! This one will be right behind the toilet lol. It'll be mostly out of view also.

Pain in the ass though! Not how I wanted to spend a weekend

fitforspeed

Established Member
That garage would look great with a MG Cobra in it, but not till the floors are done.

Yeah I’m sure there are at least a few mg cobras in Cali to choose from. Brad your car needs to stay in state I feel. Too much could happen trying to ship long distances like that, and have you considered how the car might feel about getting shipped off to Cali? It would never forgive you for that travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah I’m sure there are at least a few mg cobras in Cali to choose from. Brad your car needs to stay in state I feel. Too much could happen trying to ship long distances like that, and have you considered how the car might feel about getting shipped off to Cali? It would never forgive you for that travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That's because you want it too. lol @gimmie11s

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
ok... so have not yet finished the garage. lazy, yes.

HOWEVER -- I built a shed 8x15 that I figured I'd share. It's awesome and allows me to store all the shit that take up space that support our off road hobby.

I couldn't see spending $5-7k on some SHIT Home Depot particle board junk and then having to spend another $2k to have it assembled.

I have a close friend that is currently out of work so I told him I'd pay him to build me one with 16" framing, a proper shingle roof, a window, and 2 doors. Front 4' double doors along with a man door for the rear entrance.

Came out pretty good and im into it for about $3500 in materials.

IMG_6539.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread