Bought a Posi Port

Qwk GT

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick question. I recently purchased a posi port from a member on here. Everything seems ok from the pics, but wanted to double check the pic of the rotors. Seems like some of the coating is coming off?

I thought this was normal but if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated. Also, being that the unit is used, anything I can do on my end prior to installing to tell if the blower if functioning properly? Only thing I'm thinking of is seeing if it spiins freely?

Any other advise/input? Other than that, really excited.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...d-eaton-matching-ported-plenum-ported-tb.html

Thanks,

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
It's normal, as long as the blower spins freely and the snout isnt leaking any oil you'll be fine. Congrat's on the POSI ported eaton, best ported eatons in my opinion.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Looks in poor shape so if you'd like to give it a good home let me know. Lol jk looks good, normal wear. Spin it by hand and if it spins free throw it on and enjoy it. Great blowers

Qwk GT

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I'll check those things out.

One more question, this port is # 025. Does anyone know if Posi did early versions by hand or if he had a CNC by then? Curious if there would be any variation from an early port vs a later port. I know he has/had a cnc for his later ports, just not sure when that started?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought he did a couple of early hand ports, but I can't say with 100% certainty. You're going to like yours when it's installed.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Completely normal to see marks of that black coating on the rotors have some worn off. I've seen this on used Eatons as well as Whipples.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Had another question. Been trying to get as much info on this particular blower, so I contacted the original owner. Looks like the blower isn't the original on the car, and he can't remember the mileage.

Since the rotor wear seems normal, any quesses as to how much mileage this unit has? So is it common to see this kind of wear around 30k miles? Or does it indicuate higher miles?

Other than that, the blower seems to spin freely.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Since the rotor wear seems normal, any quesses as to how much mileage this unit has? So is it common to see this kind of wear around 30k miles? Or does it indicuate higher miles?

The rotors expand with heat and rub that teflon off the best I can tell. I pulled a Whipple off a car with less than 5k miles on it and it had those wear marks with teflon rubbed off. My guess is it happens relatively quickly. As said before this is perfectly normal and seen on all blowers.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I thought he did a couple of early hand ports, but I can't say with 100% certainty. You're going to like yours when it's installed.
I could be wrong but from what I remember he didn't get the machinery til near the end of his porting business, I think he did LOTS by hand!

Users who are viewing this thread