Boss302S

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It's my understanding it's coming with the GT500 trans.

That's what I was able to dig up. Apparently the MT-82 is a throw away item if it lets go, where the 6060 is of course rebuildable. Also, the 6060 holds almost 2x the amount of fluid for much better cooling

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Rumor has it.............there is a Rehagen Toter that left Livonia and it's headed to Texas delivering a couple of Texas customer's cars!!! :beer:

Why do you guys get your cars before me?!?!?!! :shrug:

Oh yeah, I remember now. I told them I wanted the fast one! The fast ones take more time to prep!!! :bowdown:

Rehagen cars are da bomb!!!! :rockon:

Hope to see you guys on track!!! :rolling:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
anyone have any laguna seca boss 302s or boss 302r track times?

curious to see how it fares against the boss 302 LS

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
A friend of mine that was at Laguna Seca yesterday emailed me Boss 302R 1:35 and Boss 302 1:40.
The fastest qualifying speed in a Boss 302R was 1:36.3. The fastest race speed was 1:36.8. Most of them were at 1:37- 1:38.

What race group had a Boss S? :shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Dean95CobraR

Established Member

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys,
Try it again. I think I have it corrected.
Thanks Joe,
I sent it out to vintage teammates. The response was : "Wow!, or Damn!" and a few other positive things that I can't repeat.;-)

The front negative camber is obvious.
JoeJ.gif

I really like the interior pictures (including this one with the toggle switches):
JoeJb.gif

The car looks great Joe, congrats!!!!
Bruce,
Just saying. You should never go to a guy's home track. He should not go to your home track. :nonono:

What about a rumble at Road Atlanta this fall?

I have a plan for T-shirts (is this a great design or what?).
JoeJa.gif

Awesome Joe!!
Jimmy,
Your brother has a great car. You taught him well. You've seen it on Pelican?

...how about your driving impressions?
Comparisions to your other race cars?
I agree.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
Just saying. You should never go to a guy's home track. He should not go to your home track. :nonono:

Doc:

We are planning for a group of us to finally get to Road Atlanta this September. We've been talking about getting there for years and there are about 8 of us from WI that plan on going. I've let Joe and Wayne know about it as well and hope they can make it. It's a Peachtree Chapter of the BWM Club driving school event. Several of us plan on instructing Sat-Sun after orientation on Friday.

Then Monday there is a one day Chin event we also plan on doing as well. Four days at Road Atlanta would make it worth the drive down.

I will confirm with you once it's all finalized. Maybe you can come out to the track help me with the line!! ;-) I'll pay you in beer!!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have a plan for T-shirts (is this a great design or what?).
JoeJa.gif

Jimmy,
Your brother has a great car. You taught him well. You've seen it on Pelican?

That would make a great T-shirt!

Oh yeah, I drove it the week of "Rally in the Valley 2010", it handled great, but I'm a little bit spoiled in the horsepower per pound department and kept thinking how NUTZ it would be with another 100 horse, as long as it wouldn't break anything. I loved the lightness, the turn in, the raw visceral nature and actually the power was not bad at all, it's just that times have changed and significant power is now available for not very much money.:beer:

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

The Boss302S drives very much like my 2000 Cobra R. It is so driver friendly. It talks to you before you get in over your head. I believe the Cobra R has more torque and HP but the new engine revs so fast and the car handles so good. It is also a lot lighter than the Cobar R. It turns in and the brakes are unbelieveable. I rode with Dean Martin for one session and all I can say is unbeliveable I got out of the car with a huge smile on my face. The AIM's device with GPS will help show you where you can be faster. Dean compared his session with mine and I was able to pick up a couple secs by the end of the day. It sure was fun running with the Porsche GT3 cup guys. lol. I think they were surprised that a Mustang was on their tail..lol. Check out the follows video links.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ralGSZMYUp4"]YouTube - ‪RARE 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302S at Cresson Flyby‬‏[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M53yhspgrBs"]YouTube - ‪RARE 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302S at Cresson Flyby 2‬‏[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread