Boss302S

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
Thank you Mark! Get vid thanks for posting. Its nice to put a face with the name. And thanks for coming on here and giving us hints on the BOSS months before it came out. Its one of the reasons I bought one.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Very nice guys.

How much for a weekend rental? :-D

Doc:

You know the old saying..............if you have to ask the price....................... ;-)

$5K gets you two days at Road America. I'll cover consumables, you pay for fuel.

But that's just for you! Anyone else is $5k a day, same expenses arrangement.

Crash the car, write the check! :poke:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
$5K gets you two days at Road America. I'll cover consumables, you pay for fuel. Crash the car, write the check! :poke:
Bruce,
That is fair enough. Gary gets almost that for his SN95 rentals. He does tow them a little further.

:read: I should have gone to rental a long time ago. When you start thinking about cars cost, all the loading and unloading, tow truck costs, awning, maintenance, rebuilding engines and transmissions, insurance, blah, blah. It adds up.

BTW.
Unhappy with your IRS?
How much to do something about the IRS? :-D They are a real pain in the rear end. ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
That is fair enough. Gary gets almost that for his SN95 rentals. He does tow them a little further.

:read: I should have gone to rental a long time ago. When you start thinking about cars cost, all the loading and unloading, tow truck costs, awning, maintenance, rebuilding engines and transmissions, insurance, blah, blah. It adds up.

Doc:

After doing that rental at ABCC in April I have a new appreciation for renting race cars. There's No Doubt I'll be doing more of that in the future!

BTW.

How much to do something about the IRS? :-D They are a real pain in the rear end. ;-)

No that's not THE IRS. I can't help you out with them. Well, other than recommending an accountant that can show you how to deduct racing expenses! :dancenana:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
No that's not THE IRS. I can't help you out with them. Well, other than recommending an accountant that can show you how to deduct racing expenses!

Bruce,
Deducting race expenses is hard when my IRS 1040 states "retired". :shrug:

I'll cover consumables, you pay for fuel.
Does that include a place on the couch, a shower, breakfast, a steak dinner, some of Fred's wine, and a No Doubt concert on video? :-D

You do know its been 6 years since the Cobra R reunion at Autobahn? :uh oh:

Brucea1.jpg

Brucea2.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
Deducting race expenses is hard when my IRS 1040 states "retired". :shrug:

Doc:

You need a racing business to write off your expenses. Retirement is for people that can no longer race! ;-)

Does that include a place on the couch, a shower, breakfast, a steak dinner, some of Fred's wine, and a No Doubt concert on video? :-D

Of course! Although I can't guarantee we'd seen wine from Fred's wine cellar, I thought that other stuff went without saying?!! :shrug:

You do know its been 6 years since the Cobra R reunion at Autobahn? :uh oh:

Yeah, that was a great time. I'm still wondering why I raced at that event. :shrug: I haven't been the same since! :cryying:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
bruce, if you have a racing comp license by the time the ARRC by GRM comes around in November at Road Atlanta, I may have a seat open for the Sunday 3 hour enduro in the FR500c.

its a fun event. doc will tell you.

sprint200

Established Member
Bruce,

I know you've talked with Tim by now, but seeing Paul's 302S in person on the track.............WOW are you guys going to have some FUN :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bruce, if you have a racing comp license by the time the ARRC by GRM comes around in November at Road Atlanta, I may have a seat open for the Sunday 3 hour enduro in the FR500c.

its a fun event. doc will tell you.

Rob:

I will still be on a NASA Provisional license for the remainder of the year. I appreciate the offer to co-drive your car but I'm going to Road Atlanta in September and it's highly unlikely I'll want to go back two months later. Although I could fly in for that!! :idea: Keep me in the loop!

Bruce,

I know you've talked with Tim by now, but seeing Paul's 302S in person on the track.............WOW are you guys going to have some FUN :rockon:

There is No Doubt we are going to have a blast with these cars. :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,

I talked to Dean earlier this week. He said my car should be complete early next week. His modifications should make the car even more reliable and fast. I am trying to get him to bring both Wayne's and my car down to Motor Sports Ranch Cresson for an event on July 9th. Not sure if he will make it. I sure am looking forward to breaking it in on the track. Bruce, you need to come down to Texas World Speedway, Cresson, or Hallett sometime this year and we can all get together on track and have some fun. Of course wait until the fall as it is blazing hot right now.

908ssp

Established Member
Dean has a spare 302s hood if any one wants one for their 302. I got the carbon version. I have yet to get it painted.

IMG_1847.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Does the S have the Tremec or the Getrag tranny? I am curious to know what Ford felt was more up for racing applications.

Users who are viewing this thread