Boosting on 10.2 CR

SlowSVT

Established Member

my92gt

Established Member
Jeweled the block?? I want some pix of that.. The fact that they built a 330ci motor ford and asked them where they got it from is amazing. “Every internal surface had been "jeweled" to perfection, it was smoother than a babys ass. There was not a sharp edge anywhere on the block, it must have blown their minds.”

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
My apologies for questioning the OP why the seller installed a Teksid block in his Terminator. I will use more care next time.

Back to topic

I "peeled" this off a similar thread where I posted this and saw a few of the same characters as on this thread LOL. It's a bit over simplistic but illustrates what involved

Question: Which engine can you pack more charge into?

HIvsLOWCOMPRESSIONFIENGINE.jpg

:pop:

Question... why does a car with high compression and low boost make similar numbers to car with low compression and higher boost?

There is more oxygen/fuel to be ignited in the low comp/high boost setup compared to the high comp/low boost setup but yet the same power is put out.

specizripn

Established Member
Question... why does a car with high compression and low boost make similar numbers to car with low compression and higher boost?

There is more oxygen/fuel to be ignited in the low comp/high boost setup compared to the high comp/low boost setup but yet the same power is put out.

That is not very straight forward. There are a LOT of factors that come into play with thermal effects, characteristics of the fuel used, volumetric efficiency, etc.

imajeenyas

Established Member
I didn't read any of this thread, and may be out of line, but my 03 cobra with a posi ported Eaton has 10.7:1, runs on e85 and dyno'd at 598/640 at 18lbs.
Nearly 600 lb/ft @2500. I'd like to think compression played a big part in it.

specizripn

Established Member
I didn't read any of this thread, and may be out of line, but my 03 cobra with a posi ported Eaton has 10.7:1, runs on e85 and dyno'd at 598/640 at 18lbs.
Nearly 600 lb/ft @2500. I'd like to think compression played a big part in it.

The problem is he doesn't want to spend money to convert to e85 he wants to run 91

Stanger00

Established Member
There is just 1 station in Los Angeles that sells E85. I don't think San Diego has very many. It not really an option here.

Looks like there are 2 in the greater San Diego area. I didnt see any listed in LA but there are a few within 20 miles of LA.

Untitled8.png

Stanger00

Established Member
I think that motor with flat top pistons has more then 10.2:1 compression ratio...Might want to run the numbers of a 03-04 C head 4 valve with flat tops and .020 bore.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Looks like there are 2 in the greater San Diego area. I didnt see any listed in LA but there are a few within 20 miles of LA.

Untitled8.png

His car would be "Married" to those 2 pumps. That and now the car can only go 150 miles so maybe that should be considered more like a "leash" :nonono: I would not want to venture an E85 car to far.

Stanger00

Established Member
If the car is going to be a toy it shouldnt really be an issue...If he is burning thru fuel that fast just pick up a 10 gallon tank and fill that up while the car is getting filled up. The user will deplete both tanks before the fuel starts to go bad any way but this will extend the range enough so he doesnt have to worry about fuel for a week or 2. I understand your logic but there are ways to extend range with filling external tanks.

I really dont see the issue with running pump gas with a 10:1 or 10.2:1 compression but that motor is closer to 10.8:1 compression if I did the numbers correctly.

I dont have the fuel system to support E-85 with my car and I am stuck with 91 octane. I do have a pump that is within 5 miles of my house and even with a station that close I will still buy a 10 gallon drum to throw in my tank so I dont have to go there more than 2 times a month. My car will see E-85 but my range will be even worse as I am an automatic car and it barely makes it to 200 miles.

For reference I am running an aluminator with TFS 44cc heads (9.5:1 compression) and 16 psi of boost with 91 octane.

Last edited:

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
When I looked online around me for e85 I found 4 stations within a 60 mile radius.

But Hey SlowSVT, I don't understand the fundamentals of the compression picture you displayed. From what I understand, a combustion chamber of larger volume does not correlate to being able to hold more compressed volume than a smaller chamber. Why could you not fit an equal volume of a/f from a low compression motor and compress it into a much smaller chamber as long as the right fuel is used?

On a side note, I am not able to purchase the cobra... I suprisingly feel depressed. I have a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out) and that I am not living the life I could be. I've been suppressed my whole life of anything higher than a 5 cylinder. A cobra has been my dream car since 2004 and my dream was so close! A heads up to california buyers that want to buy out of state! You cannot get a loan on a vehicle out of state. It has to be shipped here first, registered, then smogged. Then after you pay full coverage insurance you can get the loan. So in other words you have to have the car paid in cash, then get a loan when its all said in done. *sigh*....

50q's

Established Member
His car would be "Married" to those 2 pumps. That and now the car can only go 150 miles so maybe that should be considered more like a "leash" :nonono: I would not want to venture an E85 car to far.

The issue with you slow is your inability to consider something outside the realm of your understanding. Throughout this entire thread you have showed continued signs of ignorance and stupid. You argue about an aluminum block being less superior and the baddest mod motor and most knowledgeable person runs an aluminum. I would believe the team at accufab knows a good bit more about mod performance than yourself.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The issue with you slow is your inability to consider something outside the realm of your understanding. Throughout this entire thread you have showed continued signs of ignorance and stupid. You argue about an aluminum block being less superior and the baddest mod motor and most knowledgeable person runs an aluminum. I would believe the team at accufab knows a good bit more about mod performance than yourself.

:smmon:

No, the issue is your inability is to distinguish the difference between a what is required for a professional drag racer to win races and what your average SVTP Joe Six pack needs in order to keep his hobby from completely draining his bank account........believe it or not there is a difference.

This is the kind of mentality I often have to deal with, a guy who thinks he is on the same page as John Force yet doesn't have much of a technical understanding on what’s involved. Rather than posting a worthless comment that no one can draw any real information from making very vague and broad statements why don't you explain in technical detail using your own words why you believe I am wrong?

:pop:

Please respond, I get tired of having to respond to moronic posts such as yours and I am going to hold your feet to the fire.

:poke:

Last edited:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
High compression and High boost is the new thing nowadays. You can do it reliably with the right fuel and the correct tune. My motor will be right at 9.9:1 with 20psi of boost! Go big or go home.

In the case of the OP, I wouldnt buy a car with a built motor and tasteful mods, only to run 91 octane, less boost, and no timing. Look for another car IMO

Users who are viewing this thread