Bolt on the GT350 Throttle Body to your 2011-16 GT Manifold with this new MMR adapter

nate714

Established Member
I can see a tuner not wanting to take on several jobs on something new. But all you have to say is that you're doing R&D on the gt350 tb and to wait. Not just blow you off like you're being a nuisance. And there's better ways to saying no I don't want to play with that tb. I planned on and started to port my boss intake. Intake side of my heads have a slight massage done to the openings. And I plan on long tubes soon. Already have cat deletes, X pipe and borla catback.

That's true there are more polite ways to respond. I tend not to expect the most polite responses from people in the auto industry or on the internet, but yeah that's not the way to keep customers lol. Sounds like your car is at the ideal setup to see significant gains from the 350 TB. I'm sure you could find someone to tune it with a little asking around, not common for people to turn down business.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
In Shaun's defense, if I were a tuner I wouldn't take on more than one client to tune something experimental, especially when it's of such questionable gains compared to a proven (but more expensive) method.

This. People are also a bit hung up on the mm size alone. I thought at the time I did the research, the AF 84.5 outflowed the Ford 90 and maybe the BBK 90 too? by a very measureable margin. There's more at play than the hole size, lol.

Shaun@AED

A little clarification I suppose is in order, but I REALLY did not want to gum up MMR's product thread. I guess that cannot be avoided at this point.

The 2011-2014 TB's do NOT share the same electronic calibrations as the 2015+. That presents a HUGE hurtle in tuning as running a 2011-14 TB on the 15+ have resulted in limp mode. I can only assume the same would be true for bolting a 15/16 TB on an 11-14, but bare minimum the TB will NOT respond correctly without recalibrating this in the ECU. This is something that has never needed to be done in the past and is not yet available in SCT.

Now on to the reason I don't plan on tuning the GT350 87MM TB with the Boss and stock GT IM's, which is the SAME reason I do not tune the 90MM TB's. The TB is far LARGER than the intake manifold opening. You will create reversion from running a large TB on a small TB opening. The end result will be a loss of drivability.

If you are not using the GT350 IM along with the TB, I do not see the point in using this TB on the GT/Boss IM vs the Accufab 84.5MM or BBK 85MM unit. 2 TB's we've already dialed in.

And as far as the GT350 manifold / TB combination on the 11-14's, I think this could be a good setup and may be a viable alternative to the SCJ / Monoblade combination, BUT I'd prefer to have a setup on my chassis dyno in house for testing as the TB will likely present more issues than people realize due to the electronic calibration difference.

Last edited:

MKMotorsport

Established Member
So the other thing that comes to mind is I don't think I'd want to take the responsibility of tuning something where jo-blo-shmoe picked up a dremel one day and thought he had mad porting skillz out of the thin blue air. You can still mess some stuff up, cause weird problems even though it is a dry flow manifold!

All that being said If I didn't have 1001 things I was testing and playing with and an intake tract that I was satisfied with already, I would have purchased and tried to tune this on my own if it were available at the time I had done mine. Maybe that is the segment of users this mod will be most applicable to.

Shaun@AED

There really isn't much 'meat' in these to do porting at the TB inlet. I have seen manifolds that leak due to porting into the gasket area.

m9424m50br_5884.jpg

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
I did not blast you Shaun. I simply posted the email you sent me saying you would not do any tuning with this combo. I displayed my disgust in how you worded you response. I think anyone would be a little irritated by it. Talking to people in that way gets you nowhere IMO.
I could understand if I was constantly emailing you and bothering you all the time. I have emailed you like 4 times in a few weeks. Just trying to get the car set-up how you would like it and to get the most out of it. I told you I had a chance to get a good deal on some 60lb injectors, if you would tune with them. You said no way. No problem, 47s were ordered. Changed the o2 placement on the headers like you said. I have been nothing but polite and trying to make you happy with the car before you the tune because I really want every hp possible squeezed out of the combo. I simply asked you about the GT350 combo and I get that response. A dumbed down response like you posted on the board here would have been great. I would have ordered the accufab or stayed with stock and cleaned it up a bit. No harm no foul.

I do apologize for my response. I was very aggravated at the time haha. No excuse on my end though.
I really wanted you to do the tune for me. All the research I had done led me to your place of business. I feel you are the best for what I want out of the car. Unfortunately one simple email has kind of messed that up right now.
I will delete my previous post, no hard feelings. Thanks for being a great influence to the Mustang community and for all the research and development you do!

-Justin

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

I think it was just a communication error Justin.
I meant no disrespect in my email response to you.

My responses can be curt and down right to the point, sometimes that may be interpreted at rude. For that I apologize, it was not the intent.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Hope that's not towards me. I've been porting since 2000. And I've ported plenty of TB's, plenums, eatons and M122's for a few select people. And I have way more than just a dremel.

Still, better ways to come off. A simple, this thing it totally different and so on, way better response.

And like I already said, I've scrapped the idea.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Definitely not much meat to get rid of but I have it probably less than 1/16 from the gasket but zero leaks. But with the MMR adapter, it's supposed to narrow on the rear of the adapter and taper to the port better. So it's still not going to flow the full 87mm but it was a start to other options and its less expensive than even used Accufabs or others.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Definitely not much meat to get rid of but I have it probably less than 1/16 from the gasket but zero leaks. But with the MMR adapter, it's supposed to narrow on the rear of the adapter and taper to the port better. So it's still not going to flow the full 87mm but it was a start to other options and its less expensive than even used Accufabs or others.

That sums it up very well. Thank you to those that have placed orders, they will begin shipping today and tomorrow.

Brut4ce

Established Member
I am very interested in the 350 intake/TB combo results for my coyote swap foxbody with the 11-14 heads, the port mismatch on the heads is concerning, but I would love the idea of it fitting under the factory hood unlike going with a boss intake.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Hope that's not towards me. I've been porting since 2000. And I've ported plenty of TB's, plenums, eatons and M122's for a few select people. And I have way more than just a dremel.

Not you. Moreso at the large volume of noob threads inquiring about doing it, when it is obvious they've never dremeled anything (let alone internal engine parts, LOL) in their life.

Again, not to jack up MMR's thread.....

What does the 87 flow CFM wise?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
FYI, the intake opening on the GT350 manifold is 90mm. So perhaps some of the 90mm TB's would work better on this application assuming the factory 87mm won't play nice as Shaun indicated.

GT350_90MMInlet_2Small_zpsfv4zvbrp.jpg

GT350_90mmInletSmall_zpsdoi5cu7i.jpg

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
so basically from what i can gather from this thread the gt350 on a 11-14GT with factory intake mani would most likely not net any results but also cause driveability issues as well. may have to scrap this idea unless theres any future hope for it.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so basically from what i can gather from this thread the gt350 on a 11-14GT with factory intake mani would most likely not net any results but also cause driveability issues as well.

No one has proven anything of the sort! HP is a very basic calculation with 2 key incredients - Air Flow and Fuel. If air flow is increased and the tune adds fuel to follow it, you will gain HP. Keep in mind a 80mm TB on a 80mm manifold for example is a restriction, why, because the 80mm TB has a large shaft running right through the middle taking up valuable square mm's. Clearly Ford found value in the larger TB and this is why people also pick up power when bolting on 90mm TB's - regardless of the manifold it is bolted to and the size of its opening - granted some port matching or adding a radius is suggested.

svgt

Established Member
Who is everyone using to tune I've had a few tuners either say it won't work or they won't touch it without having the car in person

Users who are viewing this thread