Bolt on the GT350 Throttle Body to your 2011-16 GT Manifold with this new MMR adapter

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This great new adapter from MMR allows you to bolt on the inexpensive 87mm Shelby GT350 Throttle Body onto your factory 2011-2018 Mustang GT or BOSS Intake Manifold for increased HP and Performance.

Just $49.99 Order now : http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=26_27&products_id=839

We also have the adapter to run the Stock 11-14 TB on the GT350 manifolds for those that want to run this great new manifold.

Also ask about our new IMRC deletes/lockouts for the 15-17 and GT350 Manifolds

350175_.jpg

Lastly if you wish to run the factory purge solenoid behind the TB we have the relocation bracket to rotate the solenoid so that the GT350 TB clears (the only other option is to plug the Solenoid holes and lines), the relocation bracket is just $14.99 and shown below:

500051_.jpg

Last edited:

466roller

Established Member
The electronics are completely different from 11-14 and even 15/16 GT. I'm sure one will figure it out though

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The connectors are the same and will plug right in to 2015-2016 harness. We will double check the 2011-2014 harness and report back.

Just double checked and the 11-14 harness is also the same - plugs right into the GT350 TB

attachment.php

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They vary between vendors but $150-200 seems to be the norm. Definitely no reason to purchase the aftermarket ones any more, the ford electronics are the most reliable and smooth with no idle issues, we will likely put a kit together shortly.

usafimj

Established Member
Is this adapter still down sizing the opening to match the stock or Boss tb size of 83mm? If so, is this adapter just to have a cheaper TB instead of the more expensive ones?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Probably need a bigger tube to TB coupler with this huh? Just ordered this and bought a TB on ebay for $100 shipped.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Contrary to internet rumor, you can never loose torque by allowing in more air with a Throttle Body, torque is dictated by the runner length, plenum volume and many other factors (after the throttle body). In regards to power increase it depends on the rest of the engine and the mods that have been completed.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^ I agree, you may not gain much peak power, but throttle response and power under the curve should improve.There was a thread here a few years ago comparing the stock TB and an accufab 85mm on a Boss IM. There was not much of a HP gain at peak, though TQ improved, also under the curve there were gains around 20hp/tq. The other element that would be important is having the proper sized CAI/Tube to the TB. Several popular CAI/tubes taper down at the TB, according to Shaun the Air Raid tube is the only one that does not. I personally don't think the 500 dollar accufab is worth it, but if you can find a GT350 TB between 100-200 dollars, then it may be worthwhile.

POST regarding TB comparison

Dyno sheet from that thread

311vuz9.jpg

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

^^^ I agree, you may not gain much peak power, but throttle response and power under the curve should improve.There was a thread here a few years ago comparing the stock TB and an accufab 85mm on a Boss IM. There was not much of a HP gain at peak, though TQ improved, also under the curve there were gains around 20hp/tq. The other element that would be important is having the proper sized CAI/Tube to the TB. Several popular CAI/tubes taper down at the TB, according to Shaun the Air Raid tube is the only one that does not. I personally don't think the 500 dollar accufab is worth it, but if you can find a GT350 TB between 100-200 dollars, then it may be worthwhile.

POST regarding TB comparison

Dyno sheet from that thread

311vuz9.jpg

The reason that graph looks like that is the JLT CAI Matt used is only 80MM at the throttle body, so the larger throttle body was restricted by the CAI.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The reason that graph looks like that is the JLT CAI Matt used is only 80MM at the throttle body, so the larger throttle body was restricted by the CAI.

Makes sense. Do you have any tuning data for the GT350 TB and or is any needed? I am assuming a little fine tuning would be needed to address drive-ability issues, like hanging throttle etc.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Price = Lower , Diameter = Larger, Idle quality/OE drivabilty = better , we would say this is a no brainer and a great buy!

Shaun@AED

Makes sense. Do you have any tuning data for the GT350 TB and or is any needed? I am assuming a little fine tuning would be needed to address drive-ability issues, like hanging throttle etc.

There is no point. The stock/Boss Intake manifold opening is 83MM. Same reason I do not support the 90MM Throttle bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread